Author Topic: Addressing the Strikemaster Lite Flite Adaptor "Wobble."  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Addressing the Strikemaster Lite Flite Adaptor "Wobble."
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2020, 12:54 AM »
Strikemaster sent me the new adapter within 3 days of receiving my email request.  Great response!!

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2020, 09:52 AM »
Anyone know if they are being shipped out now with the new adapter?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2020, 10:39 AM »

I think whatever is out there is going to be replaced by a case by case basis ..the stock that is out there was shipped I believe in August 2019 ..so maybe the new batch for the 2020-2021 season would be my guess for the updated adapter . Doesn't look to be a recall/replacement on any of their media venues .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:14 AM »

I got mine last week and it had old adapter.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2020, 12:54 PM »
Thanks, want to get my dad a new auger but don't want him to have to mess around with the adapter.

Offline Big Sky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2020, 03:32 PM »
I wouldn’t classify as a hassle.  I got mine too a few days after my email.  I was happy before and happier now.  Worth the effort IMO.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2020, 03:50 PM »
Thanks, want to get my dad a new auger but don't want him to have to mess around with the adapter.

I literally wrapped one piece of duct tape around it, cut out holes for screw and it's been fine for over 50 holes.

Definitely blue lock tite the screw

It loosened on me my first trip. Not alot but enough when i got home and checked
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Currently waiting for another sale but it seems like the last one may have wiped out most of the 8 inchers, a lot of places are out of stock or selling for 200.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Currently waiting for another sale but it seems like the last one may have wiped out most of the 8 inchers, a lot of places are out of stock or selling for 200.

Looks like amazon has the 8” for $175
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:19 PM »

Bouncing around my usual retail sites.. that seems to be the going rate as of now ..also noting some prices are creeping back up to MSRP on a lot of deals...

"Dont't Dilly Dally"
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2020, 12:15 PM »

thats what i paid about 2 weeks ago for mine

Offline Sebasticook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Apr 08, 2020, 09:34 PM »
I received the new adapter from strikemaster.......... ...it was an improvement for sure but it still loosened up after drilling 30 holes or so.........anyone else experience this?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:20 AM »
I received the new adapter from strikemaster.......... ...it was an improvement for sure but it still loosened up after drilling 30 holes or so.........anyone else experience this?

Make sure you are using the new bolt that came with the new adapter as its threading is different/better ..adding some Loctite should help also.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Apr 14, 2020, 11:59 AM »
I got the new adapter, but for the remainder of the season, I used the original one with blue loctite on it (along with the 2 other smaller set screws) then put a couple wraps of medial tape around it. At least that way it if loosens up the tape will hold it in place so the bolt/crew doesnt go flying

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.