Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630194 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9330 on: Jul 12, 2017, 03:06 AM »
Good morning everyone
Rough morning here, trees down, power out.
I am blocked in by trees across the driveway. Not sure of how much damage around.
Catch you all later.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9331 on: Jul 12, 2017, 03:36 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, Marv, ER's,
                     It's 63* with a moon casting shadows here on my hill, looks like a start of a great day! :clap:
                     Marv........I know a guy that does tree work out in Forest Lake, I think he can remove the trees from your
            driveway! ::)LOL I hope you have a good sense of humor! But really that sucks you must have had one heck of a storm,
            stay safe! :flex:
                     Eddie.......Good job on the marble slabs, you guys might work yourselves out of work if you keep it up! :whistle:
                     I-45........Have good hauling day!
                     I took my wife out to a local restaurant, it was a nice evening out!
                     Today I'm putting my headers up then I will be going to get my rafter material, I don't know what pitch I'm going
            to go with, it will be anywhere from 8-12 to 12-12!
                     I hope everyone has a great Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or at play!

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9332 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:48 AM »
WS, hang in there with that storm damage!!  :o That hit closer to home than what you've been dealing with! Let us know how it goes when the saws finally quit!! I hope everyone else has a better day than WS!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9333 on: Jul 12, 2017, 06:21 AM »
WS
After seeing your trees down post I went to my radar source. If that big red blob half way across Wisconsin is what hit you it looks nasty.  It is headed this way. The southern part of Michigan has been getting slammed with rain. What is still in Wisconsin is what is scary for up here. Hopefully the big lake takes some of the nastiness out of it.

IW
With a 12/12 pitch you can almost stand up straight to put the shingles on, if you can keep from sliding off the roof. I can not figure out why people build low sloped roofs in snow country. They just can not support the weight of a heavy snow load.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9334 on: Jul 12, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Evening all,

WS......hope you are doing ok out there & any damage is minimal  :-\
IW....belated happy anniversary wishes to you & the wife, may you have many more happy years together  ;)2

I see most everyone is doing ok, working, fishing, exterminating rodents  :woot: 

Got rained and waved out of Erie this morning  :(  was hoping to fish most of the day before heading home, but Mother Nature had different plans  :nono:  Monday we fished in some pretty rough waters, waves 4 - 5 feet and some amazing swells to go with it  :o  Caught a bunch of sheepshead and one walleye 30 1/2"  :clap:  couldn't find any more eyes anywhere. Tuesday the lake was like glass and the sun was blazing  @) @)  fished from 35fow to 70 fow, caught one 18 1/2" eye and some nasty little gobies  :sick:  tough bite for sure  :wacko:  didn't see any fish caught and no one we talked to was having any better luck than us. Maybe next time  ;)2

Have a good nite. Stay safe.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9335 on: Jul 12, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Checking in kinda late for me, but wanted to wish WS best of luck with the storm cleanup.   Hopefully the damage wasn't too bad.  Dang, that stinks.  :-\
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9336 on: Jul 12, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Thanks for the well wishes, it's been a tough day. Between head lights and the wife holding a flashlight this morning I cut a hole so we could get out. All around us people had trees down with one poor neighbor that lost 35 beautiful spruce trees. They were all uprooted laying perfectly side by side each being about 50' tall and 25"-30" Diameter. He called me  a few minutes ago and asked if I could help him out, I felt bad but my hands are pretty well tied.

We spent the day at a mobile home park in the north metro. I think I took 25 trees off trailers and will be going back in the morning for another full day. We hit 90 today with dew points at 70. It felt just like you had a plastic bag over your head trying to suck some air in. We had 10 hours on site and then I worked on my stuff for the last 3 hours. We had one good sized elm uproot, and 3 beautiful red maples that I planted 25 years ago that were sheared off.

Looking around the area we have nothing to complain about.

IW my humor is shaky, but I smiled at your post ;D

I am heading to bed and will be heading out extra early tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good day today and a better one tomorrow.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9337 on: Jul 12, 2017, 07:39 PM »
My wife just showed me this from the paper today........

Overnight storms pummel north and east Twin Cities metro area
Tim Harlow, Star Tribune

A half mile down the rohttp://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=post;msg=3696176;topic=291520.9340ad from Boyd Bontjes’ home in Wyoming, Minn., corn stalks were standing tall. The same was true a half mile to the south.

But 25 to 30 maple and pine trees — some as big as 3 feet in diameter — on his property on Kettle River Boulevard were no match for the narrow band of ferocious winds that accompanied overnight storms that blasted portions of the north and east Twin Cities metro and western Wisconsin and left thousands without power.

“It just pulled them right out of the ground,” Bontjes said Wednesday morning as he surveyed the thicket of large branches that blocked his driveway and the road. He planted many of the felled trees 45 years ago. “Mother Nature has never been this mean to me.”

Scores of others in cities such as Forest Lake, Oak Grove, Columbia Heights, Spring Lake Park and Mounds View joined Bontjes in assessing the damage and began the daunting task of cleaning up.

Some, like Renee Feagan, of Forest Lake, were relieved that damage was limited to large limbs that snapped off large trees and dented a few cars, including hers.

“It was extremely loud then it got quiet. The house was shaking and branches were scrapping the roof. It was like impending doom,” said Feagan. “Everything missed the houses. I feel fortunate.”

Storms rolled into the north metro around 2:30 a.m. with heavy rain and winds clocked as high as 50 miles per hour in Coon Rapids and Hugo, the National Weather Service said. Two storms converged over Anoka County and moved east over Chisago and Washington counties before knocking down more trees and power lines in Polk and St. Croix counties in western Wisconsin, said Mike Griesinger, a meteorologist with the weather service in Chanhassen.

“It was like hitting those trees with a fire hose,” Griesinger said. “Trees started falling and took out whatever was in their way.”

A tree fell on an apartment building in Columbia Heights and traffic signals were out along Hwy. 61 in Forest Lake and Hugo, communities “inundated with downed power lines and trees.” a Washington County Sheriff’s Office dispatcher said.

Trees landed on homes and parked cars in Mounds View. In Anoka County, the public Works department used chain saws to clear roads blocked by trees and debris in Oak Grove and East Bethel, a dispatcher with the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office said.

More than 56,000 Xcel Energy customers in its service area lost power during the storm that moved across central Minnesota before striking the Twin Cities northern suburbs. By mid morning, that number had been reduced to 29,000 as more than 350 workers fanned out to restore electrical service, a utility spokesman said.

As of 9:40 a.m., Xcel Energy reported that more than 8,500 customers in Washington County were without power, including more than 4,100 in the Forest Lake area, 1,100 customers in Scandia and 1,900 in Mounds View.

Back in Forest Lake, Amber Bement was still without power at 11:15 a.m. and big trees were still blocking streets in her neighborhood near Hermes Avenue and Hwy. 97. She lost four trees in her yard. Branches hit both of her vehicles and one limb broke a window on her house. The storm came through with such power that “my Great Danes were shaking uncontrollably” and climbed into bed with her.

Gas stations and the body shop in Wyoming where she took her car to get looked at were also without power at 11 a.m., she said.

The area around Bontjes’ home in the southwest corner of Wyoming in Chisago County was one of the hardest hit. Nearby a 75-foot pine tree was uprooted and blocked Kettle River Boulevard, the city’s police department said. Another tree exploded when it was hit by lightning while multiple power lines snapped in the south end of the city.

“I’m writing Mother Nature disorderly conducts for all this mess. So aggressive,” the department, known for its sense of humor, said in a tweet.

Bontjes, and his wife Judy, were sleeping when the storm hit. After it passed, Boyd took a flashlight and went outside to survey the damage.

“I could not see much, but police cars were parked at my driveway,” he said. “I could not go past my house due to power lines being down.”

By daylight, the severity of the damage was in full view, busted power poles and trees and branches everywhere.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” he said, noting that he’ll get his grandsons to help him clean up the mess. “It will take me most of the week. Nothing you can do about it. Good old Mother Nature.”

The Alexandria area also was hit hard as winds there gusted to 70 miles per hour, the strongest recorded with the storms, Griesinger said.

Storms have moved into Wisconsin and no hints of storms are in the metro forecast until Saturday, Griesinger said. But it will get hot again. After a cool 75 degrees forecast for Thursday, the mercury will soar near 90 degrees on Friday and upper 80s Saturday through Monday.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9338 on: Jul 12, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Yikes......and Double Oh My Marv, I didn't check on the thread this morning before heading to work, nor did I take a peak at national radar.  That hurts to lose trees like that before it should be their time.  Get some good rest, sounds like your going to need it.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9339 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Good evening ER's the storm WS is dealing with hit WI too. Glad your sense of humor didn't go out WS. My GM roadtrip was good,I found the parka my daughters after just a different color. Good deals to be had were a Clam hunting Blind 2000 for less than 2 bills. Vex proview ducers around 55 and jigs at 70% off. I brought 5 PK's one Darter and one CSJ tungsten total just over 8.00. Hope to get back there soon.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9340 on: Jul 13, 2017, 01:50 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  suppose to be heavy rains and wind gusts today. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9341 on: Jul 13, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Morning ERs.  Just peeked at the radar and looks like I have a couple of hours before the first storms hit here.  70 degrees and muggy as all get out at 4:00am. :P.  Looks like a good many of our NY friends will be affected later today into this evening as well.  Hopefully they'll have lost some their punch by the time they get here, but they're looking pretty ominous at the moment.

Marv, good luck with the ongoing cleanup today.  Sounds like a real mess there.   What a shame.

Everyone have a great day and keep your eyes on the radar.

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9342 on: Jul 13, 2017, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning, Might as brew up a fresh pot of Coffee, Marv might need some soon.  Not much has changed from day to day in my woods.  Did get a nice shower for the garden and lawn.  Back to my pillow
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9343 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:07 AM »
Morning all,

Cloudy, breezy & HUMID to start the day. Rain in the forecast. Had some showers last nite, nothing crazy tho. Flood warnings posted for today again. Many are still trying to get back to normal after the flooding from 2 weeks ago   :( 

WS......hope your day isn't as hot & humid as yesterday. That storm sounds brutal, mother nature can sure pack a punch  :flex:  didn't see any loss of life mentioned in the article so that's a HUGE plus  :thumbsup:  be safe out there my friend

DN.....hope the storms don't cause too many problems in your area today  :-\   

OG.....glad you found some good bargains on your shopping spree  :clap:

MrC.....hope you're adjusting to the grave yard shift ok, it's tough enough returning to work after vacation then add a shift change to that  :wacko:

Eddie.....sounds like you & the crew have found your rhythm  :thumbsup:  makes the job easier for all when everyone's in step

IFF....nice to get some water for the lawn & garden  :clap:  haven't had to water anything here this year, don't seem to get more than 2 days in a row w/o rain  :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Don't forget the water bottle  ;D  Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9344 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning.
WS...sounds like you have some work ahead of you. Be safe.
WW...30+ is a nice fish. Still looking for one like that and I am sure there is ONE in this lake.
Trip went very well. Even with the few bumps in the road that wife has had; the Dr. is very pleased at where she is at 1 year mark.  They stopped two of the meds she has been taking. They will do the scope and wash early Aug and if all is Ok won't have to do that again unless something comes up. Trips to NYC will be once every 2/3 months. Got my fingers crossed.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9345 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's been raining here all night which made me sleep in according to the radar the main rain is almost over
               but storms can pup up all day, so not going to be able to work on my wood shed.
                       Marv......You're area really got pounded and the loss of all the trees that everyone experienced must be hard
               to take. I hope you all come out of this well!
                       h2l........That's good news for your wife, I hope she continues on the mend and gets off more meds!
                       Eddie......Keep up the good work with the marble!
                       Deal........I hope you only get rain and not any wind over there!
                       Wally.......We haven't had to water much here either, a lot of green around here!
                       Steve.......How's the shift change working out?
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out wetting a line!

IW

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9346 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:51 AM »
hunts2long, that's great news, the prayers continue... good luck on the water!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9347 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's WS hope your day in the jungle goes ok. Stay safe. If anyone would like me to do a little shopping for them pm me. Lazers were around 40 too. Fish trap covers around 25. It's going to get real good soon around here with the # of stores and the deadline to move it all. Have a great day.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9348 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:43 AM »
H2L........awesome news on the wife's recovery !!!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9349 on: Jul 13, 2017, 02:30 PM »

30 1/2" Lake Erie eye  :clap: :clap:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9350 on: Jul 13, 2017, 02:46 PM »
Very nice fish Pat! Congratulations!  :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9351 on: Jul 13, 2017, 04:08 PM »
it's a hog bragging rights to you ww           damn that's big

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9352 on: Jul 13, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Great fish  Wally..
 Doug great news about your bride.
Marv hope all is well.....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9353 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:36 PM »
WW, well the proof is in, We can now bestow upon you the title of "Master Angler".  That my friend is what is also known here in Colorado as a fish of a lifetime.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: WTG.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9354 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Excellent WW :bow: :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9355 on: Jul 14, 2017, 02:04 AM »
Good Morning everyone, that's a awesome fish WW. H2l that is good news about your wife. Hope everyone stays dry. Suppose to be another rainy day today. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9356 on: Jul 14, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Damp and 61* this am, high of 70 expected with off and on rain possible throughout the day. Cable and Internet were both down here yesterday... :%$#!:
  Marv...wow, some storm!! Sorry to hear about all of the downed tree's, especially the Maples, dang! You must be exhausted from the long hours and brutal weather...hope things go better today for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s on the walleye, what a beautiful fish!!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:   Is that a personal best?
  H2...great news on your wife's progress, that's awesome!! I'll 2nd Bart's reply... :clap: :clap: :bow:
  I-45..try to stay dry today..TGIF!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...looks like today may be a repet of yesterday less the higher temperatures...good luck with the build if you're working on it today.    :thumbsup:
  OG..I'll send you a PM later this afternoon...looking for some more PK's and a few other items you might run across! 

This thread really blew up over the course of a day... ;D...not to slight anyone, can only see the last few responses...think we all got the " Walleye fever " now, what a great picture and well deserved for all the effort!! :clap: :thumbsup:
  Still plugging along on the concrete and marble...humidity seems to be the biggest obstacle to overcome here as well.
  Cawfee's on...time to get ready for the last 8 hours of this week.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9357 on: Jul 14, 2017, 04:10 AM »
Good Morning ER's pass the coffee please. Well it looks like next week will be nasty hot all week 90's with heat index over 100 all week yuck. Eddie glad to help I'll watch for it. WS you find your way into the jungle/out too. Good news for the H2L's. Going to a wedding this weekend it will be in a corn field, looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9358 on: Jul 14, 2017, 05:02 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Old Goat, I-45, ER's,
                        It's 60* with pink skies here on my hill another day like yesterday is in store!
                        Wally..........Your persistence surely has paid off, wow what a pig of a fish, are you thinking of putting
               it on a wall? Congratulations! :bow: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                        Eddie........I know that the humidity has been high and it has to be worse down that way, be careful and hydrate
               as if I have to tell you. Good luck with the marble this morning! :whistle:
                        Goat.......With the heat index that high be careful out there as well. ::)
                        I-45.......Have a good day today haulin dumpsters. :flex:
                        Yesterday I went and got some rough cut lumber to make a scaffold to put up my ridge beam and rafters, I'm
               going to try to get something done today! here is of pictures of my build!

I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9359 on: Jul 14, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for all the  :thumbsup:  !!! I was pretty excited when I saw how big it was as it came to the net. It tied my personal best.....caught one the same size in Ontario  quite a few years ago. Luckily I was able to revive him and watch him swim away, so no wall hanger. I'm happy to just have a picture.

WS.....hope you're holding up ok, any chance you have the day off  ???

IW.....frame looks good  :thumbsup:  how bad are the skeeters/deer flies  ???

Eddie....may the 8 fly by & you find yourself on the drive home before you know it  :woot:

OG.....hope those temps don't interfere with the corn field wedding  @)

DN.....looks like another rainy day, hope your area isn't suffering from flooding  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.