Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Keeping ice-holes from freezing

(1/7) > >>

LT:
      When I was out at Ocean last night, there were a couple o' guys with those circular freezeless tipups ...I was clearing 1/4 inch every hour (10 degrees w/7 mph wind) and they never touched theirs.   :woot:I really like my Frabills so a thought crossed my mind...gotta be a way to convert them, so I went over to Bloedorn's and they had a busted sheet of that 3/4 foam insulation which I got for six clams, cut it into 10 X 10 squares, then incised a 2 1/2 inch hole in the middle. I figger it might be a lil cumbersome, but less than trying to chop 1/4 inch of ice outta the hole when I have a flag... :clap: danged circular ones are $24.00 each! Anybody out there ever try something like this?
                                       The ex-Lteeee    :thumbsup:

bohman77:
I have heard that works but I have never tried it before. I have never really liked tip-ups because of the maintenance factor of them. I did buy two of those artic warrior fishing rod tip-ups to use and we will see. Hope those work. I was hoping to go to Ocean lake today but I have to work. Oh well good luck.

LT:
     Well, I won't know until Monday or so, my honey doesn't complain too much about th' excessive days spent fishing, but I do try to spend an equal amount of time with her and that would mean this holiday wkd....she really likes the wally filets, so that's a plus in my fishing-favor. I have a flat shovel that I'll clear the hole with before I set the rig down, but I'll be surprised if it fails to work.  :tipup:
     I lost a 2 pounder in the hole last night...yeppers, went right down that hole after him, mitten and all...laughed at me as he swam awaaaaaay.

4cator:
Just drink lots of beer, and coffee.  Then pee in hole every half hour or so. Works great!!!!! ;)

LT:
     ...and this you no doubt learned from our mutual buddy the 4 X 4 Elk-man who, by the way still refuses to tell the truck-wreck story. $3K damages...that's at least a broken tail-light. hee-hee ...Is a shot of Rebel Yell whiskey in my hot coffee a suitable substitute fer beer?????
                                             el-Teeeeee  :tipup:
oh yeah, wallys fer supper tomorrow night! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version