Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

A good read printed today (11/30/22) in the Gillette News Record

(1/5) > >>

appleye:
https://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/news/wyoming/article_51a9f468-a32c-549b-b314-96722e864ecb.html

Kinkyline:
 >:( Not a good way of attempting to manage a fishery or economical way. I don't like the killing off of a lake because of some sectors of people or management deam some species are detrimental to a particular waters. It will take a long time to bring back this lake. Wouldn't netting work to thin out some of the "undesirables"?  ::)

Raquettedacker:
I read that yesterday.
 Pretty interesting.
 So all you guys only want to fish for is trout??
 I know it was loaded with suckers and they had to go but sounds like it was a good fishery?   

appleye:
I've never fished there it's like 200 miles through the mountains for me. GF caters to trout and trout fishing. The "tradition" is strong in parts of the state. I honestly don't know what folks in that part of the state want. Around the east side we preferer warmer water species.

POk3s:
I would have loved to see the perch take off, but from what I heard it was FULL of suckers. Like people catching 10 suckers and a stocker trout in a trip. Something had to be done if “we” wanted it to be a sport fishery. I guess this is the best option over a sucker derby. ;) . You can bet I’ll be fishing it for tiger trout in a few years though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version