Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Chainsaw

<< < (2/5) > >>

ran7ger:
been cutting ice with chainsaws for years, not ideal but it will work and it's not hard to stay dry doing it.  no bar oil is necessary.

SteelcityYinzer:
Yes, ten inches in any one direction is the limit. I’d rather not bother another fisherman for an auger but I would like knowing most folks would like to help out.

It is indeed the skunk monkey! I have yet to try ice fishing but my last three or four outings since October I have been skunked. I’d like to blame the overfished waters in Allegheny county but I’m man enough to accept most of the blame!  ;D

PaCarpboy:
I would be surprised if you didn't get offered some holes to be drilled after fellow ice anglers saw you trying to use the chainsaw.  I have given fellow fishermen my auger and told them to bring it back when they were done.  Of course, I had my holes drilled already.

Salty Ice Queen:
Yes,..I agree..helping is in book...also,..sometimes you will see other drilled holes from others not in use...could be a help for you...

SteelcityYinzer:
Thanks, ran7ger and all other replies. I’ll probably go Monday or Tuesday and hopefully be able to use some predrilled holes from the weekend with a spud bar and the chainsaw being a last resort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version