Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Chainsaw

(1/5) > >>

SteelcityYinzer:
New to ice fishing and living in Pittsburgh area, so ice fishing opportunities will be relatively scarce. Therefore, Id rather not buy an auger but I do have a lithium battery chainsaw.

Besides draining the chainsaw oil for a more eco friendly one, are there any restrictions on chainsaw usage at state and county lakes?

icecoldchrome:
Honestly not 100% sure but I believe that the hole can be no larger than 10inches and I believe that it must be circular  so it's harder for someone's foot to go threw probably best to reach out to a ranger and verify prior to doing so it only takes one guy to cry and next thing you know you are in trouble

1MOFISH:
saw every type of device to drill holes,auger axe hatchet hammer but no chain saws .long as you stay in the legal parameters 12" i see no problem other than you getting wet.it would be wise to ask some one to drill your holes most guys will do it
GOD BLESS YOU
mo

Raquettedacker:
They make augers that take drill batteries.
 Expect to get wet using a chainsaw.. ;)

1MOFISH:

--- Quote from: SteelcityYinzer on Jan 22, 2022, 11:33 AM ---New to ice fishing and living in Pittsburgh area, so ice fishing opportunities will be relatively scarce. Therefore, Id rather not buy an auger but I do have a lithium battery chainsaw.

Besides draining the chainsaw oil for a more eco friendly one, are there any restrictions on chainsaw usage at state and county lakes?

--- End quote ---
by the way if my memory serves me right is it not the skunked monkey on the sled????
GOD BLESS
mo
LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version