Author Topic: Out with the old...bye bye Mickeys  (Read 1395 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Out with the old...bye bye Mickeys
« on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:10 PM »
After a decade of wearing the same Mickey's I decided to retire them. The weight with my bad ankles just started taking a wear on me. After a few miles of walking last winter on Houghton I decided to try something else. My feet never got cold or wet. They worked well. Just the weight and bulkiness is what made me wanna switch.
Went with the Korkers artic 1200 thinsulates. I have used their boots for fly fishing. I like the snow cleats and ability to swap out for ice cleats. About 1/3 the weight. Now need to do a product review and see how they compare to the mickey test.

Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Out with the old...bye bye Mickeys
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2022, 06:50 PM »
you're going to love them, but you will need a more aggressive cleat, you will really like their warrantee had mine around three years but only used maybe 12 times and sprung a leak! no bull they sent new boots, I wear light weight socks don't sweat and don't get cold even at minus 37 deg. so lite prob. less than my work boots.
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2022, 07:27 PM »
you're going to love them, but you will need a more aggressive cleat, you will really like their warrantee had mine around three years but only used maybe 12 times and sprung a leak! no bull they sent new boots, I wear light weight socks don't sweat and don't get cold even at minus 37 deg. so lite prob. less than my work boots.
That's great to hear. They didn't have many bad reviews. I'm ready for some lighter weight on my feet

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:29 PM »
Damn you! Now you’ve got me looking at 240$ boots...lol

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:00 AM »
I will be following your reviews of them.  I have been thinking about trading in the mickeys.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:15 AM »
never liked the mickeys, but i got some good tread on what i use...

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2022, 10:00 AM »
and I was looking at a new pair of mickeys  :-\

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2022, 12:14 PM »
I would still recommend mickeys.  I have never had cold feet in them and been fishing in temps down to minus 25 degrees.  They are definitely warm, and waterproof.  Prices are good on them A little bit bulky and heavy yes, but they do work

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2022, 06:37 PM »
Well only one outing but boots kept me nice and toasty this morning and dry. I liked how easy they unclip and light they are. Much easier walking without leg fatigue.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2022, 09:38 PM »
I love my mickeys. I do the white ones, They are a little more extreme temperature. They work good for me cause I have poor circulation in my feet. They keep my feet warm no matter how many hours I'm on the ice. yes I know the traction is not real good but with a good pair of cleats you can walk on the slickest of ice. Did I forget to mention I fell in and they saved my life. Floated right up and rolled out. Cause you guys all know that our seasons are changing and it seems like more and more we are getting what is better known as snowcone ice. That is a lot of air in it with no strength. So you are more likely to experience what I have. Just my two cents. Tight Lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.