Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Video

I sold my Jiffy Torch and bought the onsale pistol bit and it doesn't even cut.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ronnie D:
My bad, didn't watch the video first. Definitely a blade problem but the Milwaukee dig cut a lot deeper than the DeWalt w/ trashed blades.

HuyFishin:
So I ended up going back to the local tackle shop and they were really nice about it. They gave me a new Auger but now my mind is telling me I should have asked for blades instead. Just incase this new auger is a part of the bad batch.

When I first did my original test The blade cover was off and drill was in right rotation speed 1, No ice build up on the blades since it was my very first time taking it out on the ice.

Since I have uploaded this video some people have also reported the same issue.

I'm gonna test this new auger the tackle shop gave me. If it doesn't work out I will call Eskimo Direct for new blades.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: HuyFishin on Jan 04, 2022, 11:24 AM ---So I ended up going back to the local tackle shop and they were really nice about it. They gave me a new Auger but now my mind is telling me I should have asked for blades instead. Just incase this new auger is a part of the bad batch.

When I first did my original test The blade cover was off and drill was in right rotation speed 1, No ice build up on the blades since it was my very first time taking it out on the ice.

Since I have uploaded this video some people have also reported the same issue.

I'm gonna test this new auger the tackle shop gave me. If it doesn't work out I will call Eskimo Direct for new blades.

--- End quote ---

Did you ask if the inventory was from last season ? If not ...who knows if a batch of this seasons inventory is not so good ..took about mid season last year for the problem to surface ...Eskimo did not put out a full recall notice but it affected both ION and the Pistol bit 8" models ..they were quick to rectify . Strikemaster 8" Lite flight have an issue this season

fishslap:
Yep, known issue.  The installed blades have an incorrect pitch.  If they included a separate set, those should work and the angle difference will be visibly obvious.  Or, call Eskimo and they will send new blades.  Happened to me last season.  I used the auger with replacement blades this year and works great.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: fishslap on Jan 04, 2022, 11:42 AM ---Yep, known issue.  The installed blades have an incorrect pitch.  If they included a separate set, those should work and the angle difference will be visibly obvious.  Or, call Eskimo and they will send new blades.  Happened to me last season.  I used the auger with replacement blades this year and works great.

--- End quote ---

I purchased  a 8" Pistol bit over the summer ..and it had the extra set of blades ..Last season my buddies pistol Bit set up was a head scratcher ..got new blades and off to the races .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version