Author Topic: Propane going up 94%  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Propane going up 94%
« on: Oct 24, 2021, 05:17 AM »

I hope not but saw something on TV said it will

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Propane going up 94%
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2021, 06:29 AM »
  They ole bait and hook get yeah worried so u stock up driving prices. Stop watching the news and enjoy life!
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2021, 06:44 AM »
It's already up 50% at the main hub in Texas

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2021, 06:59 AM »
I dont doubt it at all,the value of the dollar is going down and the price of everything going up..if goods are even available or in stock.chicken was non existent in the meijers we go too last week.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2021, 07:13 AM »
It's the war on fossil fuels, cut production, drive the prices up! The idea is to make fossil fuels so expensive you will turn down the thermostat, drive less or do without!
Everything is moved by these fossil fuels, prices on all products goes up, leaving you with less money available for these fossil fuels; gasoline, fuel oil and propane!
I wouldn't put your head in the sand on this one...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2021, 07:24 AM »

It’s not just fossil fuels prices that are rising it’s goods in general , it’s the old trickle down affect, they just pass the cost down line

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:03 AM »
  They ole bait and hook get yeah worried so u stock up driving prices. Stop watching the news and enjoy life!

Amen. Haven't watched ANY of the so-called "news' channels in I don't know how long. If I feel the need to get "caught up on things" I usually go to Reuters, Pew Research, WSG, NPR/PBS, BBC...and there's more. They are unbiased and factually based MOST of the time. Allows me to do my own thinking and research without having an opinion rammed down my throat. Sorry...bit off topic.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:13 AM »
The increase will hit natural gas as well, and most people use a lot more of that than propane. They are warning people to budget for heating costs 50% above last year. I am paying almost $4 for gasoline, and that will impact my fishing. I drive 75 miles to the lake, pulling a trailer. Energy will be a lot more expensive in the future, and almost everything uses energy to manufacture and transport.  >:(

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:40 AM »
My wife watched the same thing. Her love of money over took her love of comfort so now we are all freezing. I'm wearing sweats and am Wrapped in a blanket right now.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:45 AM »
What a joke its a ice fishing forum and your complaining about the cost of propane will cut down on your chances of fishing because the cost of fuel!  Just be happy you can go fishing.  America is the land of complainers and entitled.  Quit complaining and enjoy what so many have died for!

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:56 AM »
What a joke its a ice fishing forum and your complaining about the cost of propane will cut down on your chances of fishing because the cost of fuel!  Just be happy you can go fishing.  America is the land of complainers and entitled.  Quit complaining and enjoy what so many have died for!
Grabbing popcorn BRB.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:58 AM »
Wait until ya try to buy that holiday turkey and fixin's... :o  Big shortage on them. Glad I don't need to worry about that. 

In the "olden" days of ice fishing, we either dressed warmer, or waited for a warmer day or a sunny one without wind. Didn't have any heaters or shacks, either. At least me and my buddies didn't.
This is me before I had a shack or heater, so many clothes on I couldn't fit in the chair. Back of pic says -10* WC, caught nice r'bows". But...having a porty, little stove,  and heater is now pretty nice.... :roflmao:
It's whatever works for ya. Get out and fish.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Wait until ya try to buy that holiday turkey and fixin's...big shortage on them. Glad I don't need to worry about that.
comin on over to rebs house,old six pack and a lantern box is what im bringing.lol

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:03 AM »
comin on over to rebs house,old six pack and a lantern box is what im bringing.lol

Be fine with me, Doc!  ;D

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:10 AM »

I agree this is the land of “complainers and entitled”, just watch the news sometime, but voicing a legitimate concern does not qualify for placement in the aforementioned category!
If you feel the need to lash out at someone, and you think this Forum is a joke, perhaps it would be better for you to find another venue.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Turn off the news, smile, hug your family and live each day to the fullest.   LETS GO BRANDON!
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:57 AM »
My home here in Yellowknife is heated with propane.
Not going to be much money left for anything else if my heating costs double.  :'(

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2021, 11:35 AM »
I don’t worry about much… things will get worse before they get better… if there will ever be a better!!🤨 make the best of these times. Quit whining and crying!!  I’m going fishing and hunting!!! 😎🎣🦆
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Reb, we had a set of those exact same lawn chairs when I was a kid  ;D

We fished open ice when the weather was warm, or out of the car doors with the car heat blasting when it was cold, before we got our first portable fish house.

I switched to alcohol for my fishing heat a few years ago, but even that was short last winter, so I stocked up over the summer this year in case it is hard to find again. Now I just hope we get enough ice to justify buying 5 gallons of alcohol  :roflmao:

As far as the natural gas prices, can't do much about that other than grin, bear it, and turn the thermostat down a bit and wear a sweater 🤷‍♂️

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Reb, we had a set of those exact same lawn chairs when I was a kid  ;D

We fished open ice when the weather was warm, or out of the car doors with the car heat blasting when it was cold, before we got our first portable fish house.

I switched to alcohol for my fishing heat a few years ago, but even that was short last winter, so I stocked up over the summer this year in case it is hard to find again. Now I just hope we get enough ice to justify buying 5 gallons of alcohol  :roflmao:

As far as the natural gas prices, can't do much about that other than grin, bear it, and turn the thermostat down a bit and wear a sweater 🤷‍♂️

I think ya just dated me.... :roflmao:

"I switched to alcohol for my fishing heat a few years ago,"
....Seagrams?  :woot:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2021, 12:49 PM »
I actually don't drink booze, developed a pretty bad allergy to it a long time ago.

I use 91% isopropyl. It's cheap, and doesn't give off any nasty fumes.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2021, 01:18 PM »
I actually don't drink booze, developed a pretty bad allergy to it a long time ago.

I use 91% isopropyl. It's cheap, and doesn't give off any nasty fumes.

I be danged!!!! Me too, seriously. Bad itchies all over... >:(

Whoops, back to the thread!!!!!! I did pick up some six 1 lber's a bit ago, for the Buddy heater. Likewise on the 20lb tanks. I knew propane was gonna jack up.  Pretty much set.

UPDATE: Just checked Walmart...the Coleman 2 pk is $17.....holy bejesus gawd!!!!! That's a 215% increase from the usual $6.29 I paid that's on the last one.... :%$#!:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Propane-Fuel-16-oz-2-pack/20971271

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2021, 02:59 PM »
I got a bud that lives way up in northern Michigan and he comes down every once in awhile and brings me 2 20lb propane tanks when i need them,guess theres a amish store that fills them for 10$ a 20lb tank.i just got 2 a few weeks back.i also buy all kinds of coleman white gas at garage sales that people think goes bad for 25 cents to 1$ a gallon.it last forever really and think im up to 17 gallons of that.i have no fear running old coleman heaters and lanterns.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2021, 03:27 PM »
I have a mild alcohol allergy so I drink Coors light which is barely alcoholic.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Just hit some stores here...the 1 lb'ers were all around $16-18 for TWO. Insane. Menards included....EXCEPT for Home Depot, theirs are $9.50 for two. Grabbed two 2 pks. Same price online for them at Home Dept...so if ya need some 1lb'ers, better run, don't walk to Home Depot. They be hikin' up soon, too.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2021, 05:05 PM »
If it gets really expensive I will finally self motivate to start burning wood because I get it for free.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2021, 05:19 PM »

Pre paid for winter propane in August

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2021, 05:39 PM »
I'm thinking if anyone has property with old trees on it, they might make a fortune this year selling firewood.
Sure hope things don't come to that. We've all been thru enough already.   :-\

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2021, 06:08 PM »
Im selling wood faster than ever at 50$ a face cord.most places at 75 to 80$.just got in from helping a guy load his truck up and he wants 3 more loads.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Oct 24, 2021, 06:16 PM »
Im selling wood faster than ever at 50$ a face cord.most places at 75 to 80$.just got in from helping a guy load his truck up and he wants 3 more loads.

Better up that price a bit Doc, he's making money off of you, is all he's doing. It's going for 150-300 face cord here already....just checked 5 or 6 places a bit ago.   :wacko:

https://rmn.craigslist.org/for/d/plainview-firewood/7395204514.html

https://rmn.craigslist.org/for/d/lanesboro-firewood/7394748031.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.