Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Lake Trout forage in Lake DeSmet and Fees

(1/10) > >>

Special:

--- Quote from: ClearCreek on Jan 21, 2018, 10:22 PM ---Mackinaw is just another name for lake trout; no difference between the two fish.  The last few years there have been several lake trout up to 6-7 lbs. caught at Lake DeSmet, some in open water, some through the ice.  Over the last 25-30 years a few larger lake trout have also come out of DeSmet.

ClearCreek

--- End quote ---

Might shoot my self in the foot. But as of Memorial day lion club derby 2017. 14'lb lake trout where being turned in.  Hoo aaaa there are no lake trout in Desmit.  ::) ::) I don't know what your talking about. LOl so not a lot but a few are being caught. Hopefully one day 20 years from know we will have a hog in there. If I'm wrong but they grow around a inch a year so average pup is 20-25 inches. So have quite a few years before we get trophy quality.

mobilerat:

--- Quote from: Special on Jan 22, 2018, 07:04 PM ---Might shoot my self in the foot. But as of Memorial day lion club derby 2017. 14'lb lake trout where being turned in.  Hoo aaaa there are no lake trout in Desmit.  ::) ::) I don't know what your talking about. LOl so not a lot but a few are being caught. Hopefully one day 20 years from know we will have a hog in there. If I'm wrong but they grow around a inch a year so average pup is 20-25 inches. So have quite a few years before we get trophy quality.

--- End quote ---
How many thousands of dollars in stocked rainbow trout do you expect it to cost to grow your trophy Laker?

WGFFishBio:

--- Quote from: mobilerat on Jan 23, 2018, 01:12 AM ---How many thousands of dollars in stocked rainbow trout do you expect it to cost to grow your trophy Laker?

--- End quote ---
Same amount it would cost to grow trophy, illegally introduced walleye

slamber:

--- Quote from: mobilerat on Jan 23, 2018, 01:12 AM ---How many thousands of dollars in stocked rainbow trout do you expect it to cost to grow your trophy Laker?

--- End quote ---

Who cares? Food for bigger fish is all those little rainbows are good for. It would be awesome to have a fishable population of lakers in there. They need to throw something new like cisco, smallmouth and tigers in there and see what happens.

I only hear of the occasional walleye being caught through the ice; if someone is catching them they're not talking about it.

mobilerat:

--- Quote from: slamber on Jan 23, 2018, 09:31 AM ---Who cares? Food for bigger fish is all those little rainbows are good for. It would be awesome to have a fishable population of lakers in there. They need to throw something new like cisco, smallmouth and tigers in there and see what happens.

I only hear of the occasional walleye being caught through the ice; if someone is catching them they're not talking about it.

So how much are you willing to pay additional for $1.50 trout to feed these lakers for 50 years .
Maybe a gate fee at desmet?
Someone has to pay or they stop stocking when the trout return to creel drops to an unacceptable level.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version