Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

who did what today

(1/3) > >>

beerduck:
came home from hills creek today fishing was slow for 2 days 8 perch and couple of pickerel

Jenk:
Went to Stevens/Stephens (sp?) Lake by Carey.  Got there around 9:30, ice was 6-8" solid good.  Walked about 250 yards to the 'deeper' spot....set up 8 tip ups....not a flag all day.  Jigged up, between 2 of us, around 50 gills, 4 perch, 3 crappie.  All (in my opinion) too small.  I tossed mine back in.  My buddy kept 1/2 of his for his neighbor.  He'll eat any size.  The sun was beating down so hard, my face got burned, and around 3 PM, the ice was extremely slushy, and the 10" holes we had were now 13-15" inch.  Ice was melting quickly.  Something told me to get off the ice immediately. Intuition maybe?  Walked back with it cracking (not in a good way) all the way to the boat launch.  No one else on the ice all day.  Waiting to see what the weather holds for this upcoming week.  Hopefully cold further up north.  Anyone know anything about spots on Long Pond?  Or even how to get there?   ;D

Byron/PA:
Did'nt get on the ice, but did a program on ice fishing at Little Buffalo State park, that went very well. Turned several people on to IS, and spent the morning talking ice fishing. As good as it gets.

Van_Cleaver:
Woke up in a cheap motel room in Promised Land at 3:45; could't fall asleep again. Drove up to Shohola before first light, fished hard all day, and drove home 2.5 hrs. For some reason I'm kinda sleepy. hmmmm....Sure beat the crap out of working, or honey-do lists!

bassman79:
got up thought about goin fishin showered thought some more looked at radar gonna go to g mountain and exchange defective auger instead bassman 79  see i can put up a non contrversial post!!! ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version