Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Snow - - - Uhg

(1/4) > >>

Byron/PA:
 Snow is not my friend :%$#!: :%$#!:No efect on open water, but can screw up 1/3" for a long time :%$#!: :%$#!:

Van_Cleaver:
My sentiments as well. It messed us up in the Southeast last year, and it looks like this year will be the same story. Any lake with cover will take forever to make ice if even 3-4 inches fall. The other side of the coin is some of the big lakes only have ice in a few places. Still, you have to love the weathermen who whip everyone into a frenzy. More people watch the tube, and the suburban women go berserk in the supermarkets! Some day I'd like to live in an area where people actually take winter into stride, and don't try to create a crisis every time snow is forecast. Be safe if you're out and about, and watch out for those SUV's! Especially the ones with the women talking on the cell phones.

fastribs85:
ah snow personalley i like wet leaves and snow but i work in a body shop so fixen those wrecks pays for my habits but lets at least first get a couple of good inches. got a trick though after the snow gets on top throw a few big rocks out to break up the ice the water will  then freeze the snow and form new ice continue till you can safely walk on top.

Icenutter:
With as cold as it is to get tonight with the snow it should be a light snow.  The winds are to pick up as well, so let's hope that it blows off the lakes.  I had 6 degrees at my house last night.  I was surprised it got that cold since it was 16 when I went to bed at 11:00. 

Snapper:
We should be OK, if it stays cold and the snow is light and will blow off.  If not it looks like a warm up for two days 34-36 should melt the snow on top if the ice and it will freeze back up at night.

Snapper 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version