Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Long Lake Parking WARNING (VALPO)

(1/10) > >>

h2.0shaver:
Well they have recently put up no parking signs on the South End of Long Lake. I talked to a few guys out there this morning and they said that they have seen a state cop down there threatening to call the hook. Just beware. I know some guys are still gonna park there because they have been still. Lately the tow trucks and police have been busy with snow related accidents. I think when the snow dies down, theyre gonna start towing. Not good. Also, one of the guys I talked to out there  told me that they went to Wauhob Lake this morning and they were told that they couldnt park at the old boat rental area. They said its private property. Atleast they went and asked. Im just relaying this information so dont bust my chops..lol

crappiehunter:
Aren't there several spots on the south end between the two signs? Did they remove that option?  Or are you talking about guys fishing outside the signs?  I've wondered about the road going down to the ramp at Long, is it too slick to get back up?

northrn-duck-assassin:
it's not to slick. we were able to park there between the judges house and the sign but unsure as to wether they have put signs up in that spot or not. thank the judge for this one fella's!

Jeffro:
While there used to be parking available between the two signs there is now a new sign in the middle of those that simply states "no parking". Looks like everyone has to park at the ramp and walk.

h2.0shaver:

--- Quote from: Jeffro on Jan 09, 2010, 09:00 AM ---While there used to be parking available between the two signs there is now a new sign in the middle of those that simply states "no parking". Looks like everyone has to park at the ramp and walk.

--- End quote ---
This is what I gather out of it too. Its just not worth it. If they do tow your vehicle, more than likely they will charge a "dig out" fee because of the snow. I had a car towed years back and they charged me like 130.00 (5 miles) . They said they had to dig out............b.s. Once your car gets towed, you dont have much choice but to pay what they want. If you dont get it out, they usually charge a daily storage fee. Sounds like a bunch of trouble that can be avoided by not parking there. Just one less place to park, nothing new. This wasnt due to garbage being strewn about neither cause I kept a good eye on this place and it was always clean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version