Author Topic: What are the best lakes and metods for walleye through the ice  (Read 1040 times)

Offline hoagie29

• IceShanty Rookie
I have tried to catch walleye through the ice a few times and have only caught one or two.  I would like to hear some tips as what lakes to go to and how to fish them. I'm not asking to give up a hot spot or anything just some advice on how to put some more of these guys on the ice.

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
Re: What are the best lakes and metods for walleye through the ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I can think of a couple of things to do put more walleyes on the ice. Trial and error and ask the ole timers on secrets just be persistant.

well patience is the key just ask JigumUp, LOL, slow down and dont run after the eye thats actually a 4 lb channel cat.

How is the head after bouncing it off of the ice JigumUp?

Offline hoagie29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice. You guys sound like you have a lot of fun out there. I would like to get together and do some fishin sometime.

Offline finfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Try Sylvan or Pretty Lakes.   Crooked and Clear also have good walleye populations. Try a tip up or two off of points or inside turns.  Study a lake map to try to determine good spots to try.  Use a jigging rapala or nils master or jigging spoon on a jigging rod.  Tip with small minnow or minnow heads or nothing at all.  Good Luck!  Early morning and evening are best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.