The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Late report: hot troutin' with my boys  (Read 1456 times)

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Late report: hot troutin' with my boys
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Got out Friday with a couple of my boys to our favorite trout pond. I been fishing here for a long time and raised my boys up on the trout fishing there.
We hit the ice at about 5:30 am in the dark. Flags starting going up as soon as they were set. Wish I got there even earlier. Not sure if the full moon had anything to do with it but they had were on a night bite. We had a ton of flags before first light.
It didn't slow down much after first light either, not until noon. A good mix of browns and rainbows with occasional largemouth to spice things up. No monsters but all decent hard fighting fish. The pics are just a short selection of over 20 trout between 3 of us.
We kept a bunch for the table (3 of us, to feed big family) and released a bunch more. The small bass at the bottom is 13 inches. We usually keep a few buck bass for fish tacos. Biggest bass was 2 1/2, maybe 3 lbs, released.
I've been conservative about the ice this season with the warm weather so it was our first trip.
Very satisfied. My first year trapping my own bait so saved a crapload of money. My 13 year old drilled his own holes and set his own traps and hauled in trout like a veteran. Weather was comfortable until the puddles got deep and when action slowed we did BQ chicken and dogs on the fire.
Living the good life. :tipup:

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Late report: hot troutin' with my boys
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:00 PM »
nice fish, sounds like a great day !

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:24 PM »
Congratulations, that's quite a haul!  Sounds like a helluva meal too.

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2020, 07:45 AM »
nice work with the boys :thumbsup:

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2020, 08:53 AM »
Nice work fellas!
Just add water.

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:14 PM »
MikeZ thank you for sharing the photos. Always nice to see families having fun out on the ice.
 Steve

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:15 PM »
delete
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2020, 01:46 PM »
That wasn't Lake M was it?

:roflmao:
I know who you are! I really wish you wouldn't do that here. It's different from my FB page where 3 people ever see it, one being my mother. ::)
In a forum like this you got too many looking for freebies. It took me 40 years to develop my spots the hard way. Last thing I need is to use a precious fishing day only to find my favorite spot covered by a bunch of guys crunch crunch crunching all over the ice in their creepers, leaving trash everywhere and covering my hard learned spot with  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2020, 01:48 PM »
That wasn't Lake M was it?

:roflmao:

Sounds too much like black mail to me. >:(
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Sounds too much like black mail to me. >:(
No, he's a friend just busting my chops. He already knows the answer. I know he didn't mean any harm.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:09 PM »
No, he's a friend just busting my chops. He already knows the answer. I know he didn't mean any harm.

Nice to know.  Thanks  :)
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2020, 09:01 AM »
I know who you are! I really wish you wouldn't do that here. It's different from my FB page where 3 people ever see it, one being my mother. ::)
In a forum like this you got too many looking for freebies. It took me 40 years to develop my spots the hard way. Last thing I need is to use a precious fishing day only to find my favorite spot covered by a bunch of guys crunch crunch crunching all over the ice in their creepers, leaving trash everywhere and covering my hard learned spot with  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

It's gone. Sorry about that!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2020, 11:07 AM »
It's gone. Sorry about that!
No worries my friend.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.