Author Topic: fish tv camera  (Read 1082 times)

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
fish tv camera
« on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:20 PM »
does anybody have any ideas or pics for me on how you hold camera in position after under the ice.  am new to camera thing and am getting frustrated using clothespins (dont laugh please)
-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: fish tv camera
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:13 PM »

Offline gone_jiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:56 AM »
I second that Icejunky. I just started using the fish tv camera this year and have used the "compass" and it works great. You just need to find the right depth then turn the "compass" to find your jig.

Offline little black jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:56 AM »
I made a "camera compass" out of a 5 gallon bucket lid.... works like a charm!

Offline Iceman50

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Frabill is my product brand of choice !!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:46 AM »
I have the Fish TV unit and I use the Ice Pod meaning it's a little Tri-pod and a rubber stopper that goes around the cord and then rests right in the top middle of the Tri-pod. Then with just a little twist of the rubber stopper you can change direction and raise and lower the camera. Ice Pod is made by Nature Vision Products.
I will Fish & Hunt until I am not able to do it anymore !!!

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 10:42 AM »
I made a stand for mine,its adjustable from 1 foot to 3 feet it just sits on the bottom,I use a rubber ball to hold the cord tight,its alot better than it just hanging there and I also hated the overswing when you just wanted to turn it a little bit on my first atempt I made legs for it to sit on the bottom but then I only had 1 depth to view and was hard to set up. now I just drop it down the hole find my bait and its set takes about 30 seconds.I made mine from an old 6" check valve flapper and some stainless pipe,I know most guys dont have one of these laying around but some concrete in a container will work as long as it fits through the hole

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:14 PM »
thanks for replies , seen a guy on the lake yesterday with a 2 x 4 with a slot in it and a tennis ball on cord. only cost me 3 bucks for 3 tennis balls  and works great   i got 2 tennis balls for sale now   haaahaaaa
-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:06 AM »
I've also used the ice pod it did make the camera easier to use. It was still a PIA to turn the cable to find the jig and then every once in a while to have to readjust because of current changes or a critter bumping the camera. At my age crawling around on the ice isn't as easy as it used to be. Last year I bought the Mo-Pod from Nature Vision. Expensive at $100 retail, (I saved quite a bit at an ice fishing show) but it sure makes the camera a pleasure to use. Wireless remote control allows you to pan the camera without leaving your seat. Marcum makes a similar product but it is not wireless. I've been told the cable between the unit and the controller is 10'. It sells in Cabelas for $49.95.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:12 PM »
I built a 4 legged stand, about 10'' high, and bolted the camera on. Then lower it down, and it rest on the bottom up out of the silt. Camera also can be angled toward the surface, to look a couple of feet off the bottom. Turn the cable, locate your jig and set the camera down. Never moves, and stays put when there is a little current.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.