Author Topic: Frabil Ice Shuttle (Wind Break) In Search Of:  (Read 768 times)

Offline Coyotehntr2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabil Ice Shuttle (Wind Break) In Search Of:
« on: Sep 24, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Cheers!  I am in the process of resurrecting my old Frabil Ice Shuttle.  However, the Wind Break that comes with the Ice Shuttle cannot be located.  I did contact Frabil and the Ice Shuttle has not been produced for years, and they have no Wind Breaks.  I am hopeful someone out there has one stashed in their shed, garage, etc. that you may be willing to part with.  I will pay shipping and whatever reasonable cost for your Wind Break.  I have attached pics of the Frabil Ice Shuttle.  I enjoy bringing "life" back into some of these retro ice fishing items.  If I can locate a Wind Break, it is absolutely for my private use.  All the best to you and your families.  Thanks!  Coyote

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabil Ice Shuttle (Wind Break) In Search Of:
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2021, 01:58 PM »
why did they ever discontinue this? I saw one on the ice once and was impressed. could never find one for sale locally. Anyone try to convert their Glide Lite into one of these?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2021, 03:32 PM »
I know they were prone to the back corners wearing holes real fast.i fixed mine by mounting kids skis under them.out of the 2 i have one has a windbreak thats brand new and the other the poles and windbreak were missing.ive never set up the windbreak but keeping it.

Offline Coyotehntr2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2021, 05:27 PM »
Thanks for the comments, rdhammah and Dr. Speckler.   Most likely later this fall/winter, more ice fishermen will be on this site.  Hopefully, someone will have an original Wind Break.  Currently, I am making one out of black fabric that Frabil recommended, using wooden poles.  It will not have the Frabil logo.  I appreciated the comment about wearing on the bottom and using skiis.  I made a Smitty Sled several years ago, so that would be easy to accomplish, if needed.  Again, I thank everyone for help in locating an original wind break. All my best to you and all.  Coyote

Offline Mean Gene

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2021, 06:29 PM »
I got a couple for sale. One has little holes in the corners also

In the for sale postings on here. And a packers fish trap

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.