Author Topic: solar powered...  (Read 671 times)

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
solar powered...
« on: Sep 23, 2021, 12:29 PM »

Looking at solar powered aerators for my portable bait bucket( 7.5 quarts) .There's not a lot on the market that I can see but
the ones that are available don't seem to have very good customer ratings (Tops out at around 60% on Amazon)
I was wondering if any of the ice shanty family has any experience with these?
Thoughts and or suggestions! Thanks

smitty :tipup:

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: solar powered...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Thoughts.  Depending what the pump uses for amps, you have to have a solar panel capable of making that power not only in the ideal conditions but also in cloudy conditions.  Actually found a couple here, mind you they probably don't take into account cold weather effects on the battery.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000599054807.html?algo_pvid=6aabde13-2a8e-4dd9-ac8b-bf6d2d31f056&algo_exp_id=6aabde13-2a8e-4dd9-ac8b-bf6d2d31f056-12 and another https://www.walmart.com/ip/Houkiper-Flip-Air-Pump-Solar-Powered-Pool-Pond-Fish-Tank-Oxygenator-Oxygen-Aerator/980665513?athbdg=L1400

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: solar powered...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2021, 07:43 AM »

Thanks for your input Fisherman1. I'm just looking to keep the pump going during the day when I'am out on the ice.
The cost for these aerators are pretty cheap around $25. Should save that on replacement batteries quickly!
I'll post back during ice fishing season on there reliability.

smitty :tipup:

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Da Pack!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.