South Dakota > Ice Fishing South Dakota

Guided fishing.

(1/3) > >>

IceAddict87:
I’m heading up to South Dakota in 10 days and I was wondering about guided fishing. My experience with guides has been a mixed bag. Did a guided trip a few years ago and had a fairly good experience. The next time i used a guide that basically dropped us off in some hard side shacks and checked on us a few times through the day. I have all the equipment to go on my own and i prefer to go on my own but the one thing i value in a guide is their knowledge of the current bit pattern and what parts of the lake or lakes they are biting at. Has anybody paid a guide just to get them on some fish? That information would be worth something to me, pulling my shack drilling my holes and choosing the tackle is pretty straight forward.

Rowdie:
What body of water?

IceAddict87:
We are going to be in the Waubay/Bitter area. Planning to fish several bodies of water in the area.

hoyt08:
Just wondering if you found any help or had any luck? We are thinking of heading up in the same area 26th of Feb.  Any help would be great. Not looking for GPS locations.

Doug SD:
Maybe check with sportsman cove in Webster.  Arties bait in Ortonville, MN will give you an idea where to go on big stone lake.  As for guides, you could check with JR Anderson (JR's ice shack rentals), Joey Craft (Wild J's fishing adventures), Shane Guy (Shane's guide service), Matt West (Wild west outfitters) or Marcus Quam (Reel therapy guide service).  There are more but that is who I would try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version