Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Knee pads

(1/4) > >>

Iceassin:
Anyone use them on the ice? Looking at getting a pair as I do a LOT of my fishing kneeling but it's getting a little tougher on these old bony knees...not to mention standing back up, but that's another story.  ::)

esox_xtm:
Grew up using a throwable boat cushion. Kept me up offa the ice, outa the water and soft on the landing. Bought a SnoSuit in '07 that had neoprene padded knees and butt plus waterproof. Still carry the boat cushion just in case we need a throwable. Not usually foolish or careless but you never know.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: esox_xtm on Nov 18, 2020, 07:38 AM ---Grew up using a throwable boat cushion. Kept me up offa the ice, outa the water and soft on the landing. Bought a SnoSuit in '07 that had neoprene padded knees and butt plus waterproof. Still carry the boat cushion just in case we need a throwable. Not usually foolish or careless but you never know.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. My ice bibs have "decent" padding in the knees. Just looking for a bit more. Thought about those boat cushion/gardening pad types. Just don't want more chit to carry around. Any of those wrap arounds would work I guess. They'd be under the bibs so...

missoulafish:
Kuiu makes the pants I bow hunt in and they have padded knees. Not sure why ice fishing clothing vendors cant do the same thing......

vanhln:

--- Quote from: Iceassin on Nov 18, 2020, 08:11 AM ---Yeah. My bibs have "decent" padding in the knees. Just looking for a bit more. Thought about those boat cushion/gardening pad types. Just don't want more chit to carry around. Any of those wrap arounds would work I guess. They'd be under the bibs so...

--- End quote ---

I use these (light weight, small, easy):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kneeling-Pad-15-x-12-Protector-Foam-Mat-Garden-Work-Exercise-Knees-Protection/131737432

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version