Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

What to do?

(1/4) > >>

doughtdawg:
Where to start?... While I was surfing online I came across this hand held portable fish finder which seemed like a great deal at 68 dollars.  After shipping it ended up being nearly 80.  I received this POS in the mail on wednesday and tried it out saturday and it hardly worked.  When it was reading the depth it wasn't reading any fish, and there were obviously fish under me since I caught two fish while it said there were none.  Today I called the manufacturer itself and talked to tech support, the guy told me to turn it upside down on a hard surface and push the connector in as hard as I could... (Doesn't seem like that could be too good an idea, but I did it anyways.) after about standing on it I finally heared a click of the cord clicking into place.  After this I decided I didn't want this peice of junk cluttering up my house so I emailed them requesting a return number.  This lady called me and said it was not returnable since I opened it.  I looked on their webiste a few minutes ago and said any order is guranteed 100%, any item can be returned for ANY reason.  I am going to call them again tomorrow... Any ideas on what to do if the lady has the same response? :%$#!:

PigShanks:
Remind her of the guarantee and then tell her your brother is a lawyer.

doughtdawg:
Haha, I just hate having a "run around" with a peice of junk merchandise that they sold.  It's one thing to have a great return policy like that, but not if it doesn't stand... It would be nice if I really did have a lawyer for a brother, but my best friends dad used to be the senior project manager at Richard P Waltz, (pretty smart guy) and he LOVES to write letters to companys and make them change thier minds... Close enough to a lawyer to me ;D

auger_elbow:
I would call again and if you get the run around state to them you need their company business address, # so on and so forth so you can file a proper complaint with the BBB.  I did this recently with Metrocast concerning a  faulty install and got three months free internet!

doughtdawg:
Great idea, never even thought of notifying the BBB!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version