Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1619419 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26400 on: Jan 26, 2022, 04:45 AM »
Good morning Z! Good morning everyone :bow:

-17 with enough breeze to produce a -35wc. It sounds like we are in for another big temperature swing today with temps getting to +20 by the afternoon.

Z....Best of luck on the ice today :thumbsup:

Eddie...You had asked if I follow the barometric pressure? Other than low pressure swells my knuckles up and makes by knees hurt, I don't. I will say, be it hunting or fishing, the days I feel the most like staying in bed have paid off the best for seeing game movement.

I spent a good part of yesterday sitting in Shamu. It was -12 with -25wc when I left the house, once settled in, it was +72 and balmy. The fish were moving pretty good and I saw a few. I caught 3-4 np, saw a dandy walleye and a decent northern, neither had any interest in what I was doing.

Bud....Looks good :thumbsup:

Today I may take in an afternoon sit. Until then I am going to stuff the stove.

Good morning IW! Congrats on a dandy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best of luck to everyone doing ice therapy :icefish: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26401 on: Jan 26, 2022, 04:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D     Clear and fairly calm 9* here this am, high of 16 today.

Steve…I haven’t really noticed a shortage in Nabisco products, but will put that by the Mrs. as she has been doing the majority of the shopping lately.
I’m personally very glad to see that finally, a judge with some balls, has called out the Governor for over stepping her powers on the mask mandate. We’ve been beaten into submission with “ follow the science!! “.  Well, the science says the masks don’t work…believe it’s time to let the children breath, as well as the rest of us who don’t care to wear a mask anymore. Just my 2 cents.    :clap:
  Bud…looking good!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Had similar problems with my snowblower in the past as it sits in an unheated garage. Snow melt from warm engine, frozen area at impeller. Hope that was case for you.
  FH4…agree with Steve, confusing with the Park permits…sounds more like something NY would do, lol.  :cookoo:  Glad all had a good time, best of luck with the next adventure!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the picture and trip, excellent job on the catching while catching up!  ;D :clap: 
  OG…sounds like you got to pick and choose your days…hope today is a good one to get out!   :tipup:
  H2…wow, I wasn’t aware that jigging up walleyes was rare there? That has always been my preferred method of walleye fishing while waiting on flags,  but again, I have not fished there before. We just used our normal routine that has worked on Saratoga and Champlain in the past. Ended up catching 4 jigging, 1 legal and 3 shorts in about an hour at first light before the bite shut right down. Got one flag on tipups, hit and miss, and hit the 16 1/2”  on a JawJacker. Would be interested in hearing more on this…I’ll send you a PM where we were.   :thumbsup:
  Z…steel toed work boots on ice, my kind of guy…lol, been there and done that one before..not to be done again though unless I forget to pack my boots!   ;D
Enjoy the fishcation day on the ice, good thinking on the problems that may arise at the workplace….best of luck out there today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff… Congratulations on breaking the ice with your first laker of the season, way to go!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Marv…best of luck with this afternoons trip to Shamu , hope the bigger northern and walleye swing by for another visit!   :thumbsup:  A buddy of mine always claimed the worse the weather the better the fishing….I have had mixed results, and think I occasionally have mumbled some sailor talk when we were getting beaten by Mother Nature and not catching anything some trips!   ;D

Had a nice breakfast yesterday with one of my brothers and Mom, will be going there again this morning.
  Never did hit the ice afternoon yesterday, had a to do list that got the better of me time was….maybe this afternoon.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26402 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:08 AM »
-1* and clear.
WS, the fish seem to be active, just not hungry.
IW, the last I knew, Lindsay was going back to work today.
Eddie, maybe I didn't jig enough out on the ice. Most everyone I know used tip-ups. I know if I had a couple flags on a tip-up but didn't catch anything, I would jig that hole and get a perch or two. I can only remember catching one walleye while jigging on the ice. Now Summer is a different story.
Mr.C, you are correct there is a Sacandaga Lake about 30 miles North of here. This was named Sacandaga Res. but I guess it confused people so they changed it to The Great Sacandaga Lake.
WW, looks like you had a good day out on the ice.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26403 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:47 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats on the laker  :thumbsup:

WS....those fish will be missing you this morning, hopefully that will get them in a biting mood later  :roflmao:

Eddie....glad to hear you're getting to spend time with your Mom  :clap:

MrC.....I try to avoid the cookie aisle so haven't noticed any Nabisco shortage  :whistle:

H2L....happy belated birthday wishes to MrsH2  :thumbsup:

Z....good luck today  :icefish:

IFF.....fingers crossed you got your snowblower working  ;)

FH4.....glad everyone had a fun time  :clap:

-7* no wind yet  @)  some errands to run today nothing else planned  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26404 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:10 AM »
Just heading out the door, temp is still dropping, still dead calm... it's just bizarre. It is almost always windy here. Hoping this front has the bite on, not off.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26405 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:48 AM »
Well most the snow melted yesterday and a cool start to the day but still above zero for us but still making ice at 8 above right now.

Seen that a bunch of states have killed the mask mandates for their states, so we will see how it goes, seen a picture the other day showing the magnification of the mask and then a red dot smaller that any of the material of the mask stating the virus.  Plus I thought this article was a good one for some of the side affects of the mask wearing, if you want read it if not that is ok too.  https://www.technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/

Well another Wednesday and lots of work to still get done.  Better get back to it, have a great day everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26406 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:51 AM »
Marv right behind you at -15, thinking about setting up popup over the blower and thawing it out

measured RV storage door flip over to wide to fit in there  :nono: but regular tub will so looks like trip to river will be leaving flip home.

burning day light later

Edit:  Blow problem solved, a long spout funnel was dropped down the discharge shoot.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26407 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:45 PM »
Good news is I tested negative on my COVID test!!!
Bad news is I still have to isolate for 5 days because I was in contact with someone that tested positive.
Worse news is on my way home from the testing center I stopped at McDonalds to grab lunch from the drive through and as soon as I got there the computers went down and I left empty handed.  :-\

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26408 on: Jan 26, 2022, 01:57 PM »
No food is tough Drifter. Hope you stay 19 free. Nice laker IW and nice perch WW. Thinking about buying a Garmin etrex 10 I know it's the cheapy and can't do what the bigger ones do but I have a Lake  map with coordinates already. It could handle that right?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26409 on: Jan 26, 2022, 02:40 PM »
OG
I made soup but I was hankerin' fer a burger and fries. ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26410 on: Jan 26, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Dave hope you stay bug free  :thumbsup: and oh great, now I'm hungry for a burger and fries.
Bud

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26411 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:27 PM »
No food is tough Drifter. Hope you stay 19 free. Nice laker IW and nice perch WW. Thinking about buying a Garmin etrex 10 I know it's the cheapy and can't do what the bigger ones do but I have a Lake  map with coordinates already. It could handle that right?

Your phone has GPS, assuming it is not a flip phone. You just need a mapping program, and you are set. I use Navionics app for fishing- good maps out here, and  it has a free trial.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26412 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:17 PM »

No phone Badger looking at other option.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26413 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:10 PM »
 Good evening 14 degrees outside heading to an overnight low of 5 today's high was 25. I see the North east has a Nor'Easter/ Bomb Cyclone coming this weekend have to keep a watch on weather reports to get up dates on this coming storm. Looks like the Nabisco products issue may just be certain store chains. Besides grocery shopping at my work place also visit some other stores in the area .it was at one of these stores that i noticed the limited supply of Nabisco products the last two weeks. this chain's employees multi-task so people at cash register  are also stocking shelves so possible the product is in stores warehouse section and not getting put out on the shelves. The multi-tasking helps this chain keep it's prices low.
Zcm-82 hope you had a good day of fishing. may you not walk into to many problems at your work place tomorrow.
Congratulations on the first lake trout of the 2021-22 ice fishing season. :clap: I believe the NY. state legislature granted Gov. Cuomo certain emergency powers which Gov. Hochul currently does not have. My feelings are similar to yours on the face masks personally feel whatever the Governor,state and federal governments due some people will object.
Whopper Stopper may your knuckles and knees not be to swollen and sore. i hope the big temperature swing had the larger walleyes and Northern pike feeding today. How much fire wood have you burned so far this Winter.
Eddie before I forget there is a current topic/thread on barometric pressure and if it affects fishing.in the General Ice fishing board. Like many other topics here on I.S. mixed opinions.
Hunts2long thank you for the history/info. on Great Sacandaga. I've made two ice fishing trips to the Piseco-Spectulator area so that is how i have some knowledge about that section of Ny.  Good to read Lindsay is back at work.
wallyworld if my baking skills /knowledge match yours I would aviod the cookie aisle in stores also. I due enjoy Nabisco's Ritz crackers and some of the companies other cracker selections.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the link to face mask article will have to read it  tomorrow. Good to hear even though your snow is melting temperatures are still cold enough to make ice on the lakes. .May your area see it's normal snowfall so there are not water problems this Spring and Summer.
IFF happy to hear the snow blower issue was a simple fix. i will not ask how the funnel ended up in the machine's discharge chute. have a safe and good trip whenever you head to the river. Remember current keeps most river ice from getting to thick and may also move your lure/jig out of transducer cone angle.
Drifter happy for you that the covid test was negative to bad you have to isolate any way because of exposure to someone who tested positive.  To bad about the computer issue preventing your getting a burger at McDonalds. .I know you work in I.T.  so no offense  but after going through similar problems with the computers at my work place crashing and trying to check out customers. I feel we need to have cash registers with the Hand cranks come back and keep some pads and writing utensils at the drive thru-windows so they could still take orders and figure out your bill.
Old Goat sorry i do not have enough fishing electronics knowledge to comment on your possible purchase.
Badger132 hope all is good with you and the family. Guess i need to update my cell phone and a few other things and join the current high-tech. world of 21ST century.

have a good night. keep warm ,safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26414 on: Jan 27, 2022, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, -5 degrees out this morning. Took Mr Dickens out and the poor little guys feet froze. Drove by some ponds yesterday in New Hampshire and saw permanent shanty’s on the ice. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26415 on: Jan 27, 2022, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning 45, went out and found furnace was off in the RV  :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: will now go find my pillow and scratch my head when its light out with the furnace.

Yeah Jake doesn't like getting his feet cold either.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26416 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....glad you turned out negative  :clap:

IFF.....that is why we always kept an electric space heater under the bed in the camper  ;)2

IF45....these below zero mornings are tough on animals feet  :'(

IW.....and the mask battle continues  ::)

WS....those dang walleye HAVE to eat sometime  :%$#!:

Eddie....barometric pressure (too high or too low) is my go to excuse when we end up with the striped kitty  :roflmao:

MrC.....Dollar General stores are a prime example of cashier/stockers being the same person, can't evem get thru the aisles last time I was there  :wacko:

Planning on fishing today but not for a couple hours yet, -7* right now, going to let things warm up a bit before heading out  @)

The new trailer loaded, sure is nice not having to lift the shanty into the pickup  :flex:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26417 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Bud, I-45, ER's,
                               It's -7 and clear hear on my hill. ::)
                               I-45.........It's good to see you posting again. :thumbsup: Poor Mr. Dickens, my wife puts boots on her dog when he goes out. ;)2
                               Bud......... Nothing worse than a temperamental furnace. I hope you can figure it out. :unsure:
                               H2l...........I'm glad that Lindsay is feel better. :thumbsup:
                               Eddie........I hope you have an enjoyable breakfast with your mom. :thumbsup:
                               Marv.........I wish I had something like Shamu to sit in in those temperatures. :flex: Problem is we move around to much. :whistle:
                               Wally........I'm like you, I don't go through that section to notice a shortage of Nabisco products, they are bad for me. :blink:
                               Steve.......I think most people are aware that GSL is a reservoir, but that the name of it on a map. :whistle: Other reservoirs also
                    are called lakes. :whistle: I'll chec the cookie isle next time at the store to see if my store has a shortage of Nabisco products . ;)
                               Zcm.........I couldn't wear steel toed boots in the cold. lol :roflmao:
                               Not much going on today, my wife was suppose to come home but informed me that she'll be home tomorrow.
                               Yesterday I tried starting my 4 wneeler but it was a no go, and I ran the battery down. So I got a lead cord out and my trickle
                    charger, charged the battery up, got my trailer in place and winched my wheeler on to that. I backed the trailer up to my walk-in doors and
                    rolled the wheeler in to my basement. In a couple of hours it was up and running. I took it for a ride to the neighbors and spent a 1/2 hour
                    there with it on high idle. We'll see if it starts up this morning.
                               I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26418 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:29 AM »
Morning all, 20° windy and spitting a few snowflakes here this morning. Today is gonna be a bit of a warm bump after we had 2 back to back below zero mornings. It was 3° when I went to bed last night,  16 when I got up this morning, and it's supposed to top out around 34° this afternoon before crashing back off into the single digits again tomorrow.

Fishing was slooooooow yesterday. The fish were there, just not very active. I was out from about 8am-1pm and only managed to catch 8 bluegills. On the upside, they were almost all decent sized fish.  It was also eerily calm all day, so setup and takedown was a piece of cake. I even moved the fish house a couple times without even needing to break it down. With no wind, I was able to just slide it around set up.

Might go out for a bit after work, and see how long my toes can handle it in my work boots.

IW- Usually, they cry uncle after about 30-45 minutes on the ice in my work boots. I have bad hands and feet anyway from frostbite about 20 years back, so they tend to get cold even in good boots, let alone steel toes.

ww - good luck out there today  :icefish:

mr.clean - it was slow fishing, but still beat getting skunked or being at work for the day  ;D

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26419 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like negative temps are the norm today… ;D.  Clear and -6* here on the Hill this am, high in the 20’s forecasted.

Bud…keeping the fingers crossed it’s only the reset button again playing games with you, best of luck!  Glad the snowblower was an easy fix! I haven’t had a funnel in mine yet, but the season is still early!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  I-45…my dogs aren’t liking the cold very much either, maybe some booties for Mr. Dickens will help?  Nice to see you posting again… :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the heads up on the thread, I did look at that yesterday.  :thumbsup:  Have been following the Solunar Tables pretty regularly again since hunting season as well. They have been surprisingly accurate on certain days…like mid mornings and early afternoons when all the stars align.   ;D
  OG…wish I could help you out, no experience with the GPS either. I do have apps on my phone as Badger mentioned, still learning the tech myself…best of luck to you!   :thumbsup:
  Badger…hope all is well with everyone, how’s the fishing been out your way?   :thumbsup:
  Dave…that sucks about McDonalds, maybe it was a small blessing in disguise?  :whistle:    Glad to read you tested negative, awesome! Are you working from home during the isolation? Hope to see some cabin porn soon….stay healthy, try Burger King today!  ;D :thumbsup:
  H2…thank you for the message, glad to read Lindsay is feeling better and back to work already, excellent!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks, it’s been a blessing having the open time to be able to visit my Mom…breakfast has been one of the toughest meals to cover, so retirement couldn’t have come at a better time.  Best of luck to you and Mr.WW today!   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  Z…glad you had some luck yesterday, sure is nice when you don’t have to battle the winds setting up and taking down! Good luck this afternoon!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…thank you for sharing the link, some very interesting information…..most of which goes against the grain that we rarely hear concerning masks.  :thumbsup:  I’m actually surprised that information is still available to read!  :woot:
  Marv…will be looking forward to your report…best of luck today if you’re heading back to Shamu!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thanks, glad you got 4 wheeler up and running, was it bad gas from sitting? Good luck later today if you’re heading out for an afternoon trip!   :thumbsup:

Heading to the nursing home shortly for breakfast, had an enjoyable visit yesterday. Just waiting for the results of my rapid test I took a few minutes ago.
  May hit the ice this afternoon, winds kicked up yesterday and I took a pass.
  Cawfee’s still hot if anyone needs a refill….

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26420 on: Jan 27, 2022, 06:08 AM »
-11* and clear.
ZCM, you have some "black" ice for sure. How much is there? I fishing has been slow all over from what I hear.
Drifter, good news on the NEG test.
WW, good luck today. Looks like a warm-up in the weather next week. I am just hoping the weekend storm stay WAY East of the coast. The pressure has been very high, 30.40/30.50 and my body feels it.
Ice45, Scout wil sometimes come to the door holding first one then the other foot up, when it is real cold. She does like to run around in the snow.
IW, the wife is away and you have the ATV in the house, next you will have the hut set up and holes in the floor.
Went up to see my nephew's new wood splitter yesterday. It is a "beast", can't wait to see it in action.
OG, thanks for reminding me to find my cellphone, will need it in a couple weeks when we go to NYC. Only other time I carry it is when I fish in the Summer. I have Navionics on the Helix 7 and have also loaded it on my home computer. I spend a lot of time looking for NEW hot-spots to fish.
WS, good luck the next time on the ice.
Everyone have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26421 on: Jan 27, 2022, 06:16 AM »
h2l - I was sitting on 8" yesterday. Smaller ponds have 7-10" around here now.

I haven't been on any bigger water this winter to check for myself, but a couple of my friends went Sunday, and they were on 5" on a bigger lake a bit south of here.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26422 on: Jan 27, 2022, 06:22 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+ 30 to start the morning, dipping to -10 tonight as the roller coaster ride continues :cookoo:

I am off to Shamu in a couple minutes. Shouldn't be any ice to chop this morning, yesterday there was 1 3/4" to chisel out.

A falling barometer had a few fish moving, but again just curiosity seekers. I caught 3 np, no walleye or bass sightings.

Today is a rising barometer so we will see. I plan on sitting until 10-11am, skipping the afternoon unless the fish are on the chomp.

mr.clean I am about to finish my first cord of wood for the heating season. During the cold snaps our furnace never came on.

Hope you all have a good day. Best of luck to those :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26423 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:59 AM »
zcm  ??? You have what you call, a home lake or pond, ?  How far you have to travel to  :icefish:

Going to see about battery for the Sonic, and check in a local RV place if others have the same furnace quirks ?

oh my up to 31* looks like today could have been the day to be on the river backwaters, some 0 weather will be greeting me the next couple days on that trip.

Marv could it be the walleyes over there are just trying to survive being outnumbered by NP's  ???
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26424 on: Jan 27, 2022, 10:02 AM »
There are a few I do the majority of my ice fishing on. A couple of them are about 10 miles away, and the other one is about 15 miles.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26425 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Good evening I hope everyone had a good day.The recent judge's ruling on face masks created a problem at one of my local school districts. Two children where denied entry into a school building by Pine Bush district officials after they arrived for school with out masks their mother was called and told if she brought masks her sons could attend class. School districts are still following the state dept. of education ruling that masks must be used inside building by students.staff and visitors. Since the state is challenging the judge's ruling it is unlikely the mask mandate will be lifted. In other area news the Newburgh school district released the sum of money paid to the two investigators hired for the sexual harassment case against the then school superintendent. the district paid the investigators $35,500 for around 110 hours of work combined most of the money was for each person's report. (the investigators were paid $250.00 per hour)
Icefisher-45 as other have posted you could try some type of boot s for mr. Dickens hopefully he will wear them. keep his walks as short as possible in the lower temperatures to protect his feet and over all health.
IFF may you not be looking at replacing the furnace in the RV. I hope you can find the correct battery for the vehicle at the dealers and they can resolve the furnace issue for you.
Wallyworld nice looking trailer glad it makes things easier for the two of you. one question any reason you have the snowmobile at front of trailer and shelter behind it I thought you would be place shelter in front and then snow mobile so it could be unloaded first. i hope you had another good day of fishing.
Ice Wanderer may your wife not have to extended her stay due to the coming storm and who is available to help her mother. like most everything there are pro's-cons to having a hard sided shanty located in one spot on a lake. It can be used as a base camp/warming location but then you need another more portable shelter if you want to fish other sections of the lake. If you are more of a run-n- gun style fishermen the portable flip-over shanty's better serve your needs. Since you fish for lake trout which tend to roam rather then stay in one area being mobil probaly suits your fishing needs better. May you have the 4 wheeler problem solved don't want to read you got stranded out on Lake George or some place else.
Zcm-82 quite the swing in temperatures. Congratulations on the bluegills .
Eddie personally i fish when i can fit it into my schedule so don't pay much attention to barometric pressure and the Solunar tables. I'm sure both due have some affect on fish and other wild life's movements. I hope today's rapid home test was a negative and you can continue visits with your mom and help the staff at breakfast time. I'm sure she enjoys the time spent each day with you and other family members.
Hunts2long guess tomorrow weather forecasters will have a better idea of the storm's track like you I'm hoping it stays farther out to sea. Best to your nephew with his new wood splitter.
Whopper Stopper may the temperature swing get the larger fish more active. will look for your report tomorrow. Good to read you have not burned through to much fire wood so far this Winter and your stove heats the house well enough so that your furnace did not come on during the cold spell.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26426 on: Jan 28, 2022, 02:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 17* this am, might see some snow showers, high of 27.  Keeping the fingers crossed this storm moving up the coast stays East!

Steve…test was negative, but we got another news letter yesterday stating that daily tests will now be required as there has been an uptick with the residents testing positive …at the moment there is 25 residents and 8 staff who have tested positive.  :'(
  Bud…hope you got some good news on the battery and furnace!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…will be looking forward to your report, hope the walleyes were cruising and hungry!  Good luck today if you’re heading back out!   :thumbsup:
  Z..7-8” of ice is about perfect in my book…hope the weather holds and you get a nice long season this year!  :tipup:
  Wally…hope you and Mr.WW had a great outing yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…good luck to you fellas today if you’re heading out, hope the 4 wheeler is ready for action!   :thumbsup:

Going to head out shortly to meet a buddy for a morning to noon trip…dinner with my Mom tonight.  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26427 on: Jan 28, 2022, 04:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry to hear covid's creeping into the nursing home again  :'(  do staff have to test daily as well  ???

MrC....I have no idea why MrWW loads the trailer that way  :blink:  it works so I don't ask  ;)2

Had a SLOW  day yesterday, only 2 perch  ::)  blaming it on the high pressure  :roflmao:  DEC officer that was at the launch checking people as we left the ice said no one did very well so I don't feel too bad  :-\

Heading out in a little bit, going back to the same lake as yesterday (Oneida) but to a different spot   :icefish:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26428 on: Jan 28, 2022, 04:56 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

-4  may see +10 by the afternoon.

Yesterday the smaller fish were active. I saw about 10 np and 1 walleye. The np wanted to bite the walleye not so much :%$#!:

I have a couple of things going this morning so I am going sit for a couple hours then get on with my day.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy. Best of luck to everyone :icefish:

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26429 on: Jan 28, 2022, 05:11 AM »
Morning all, 24° and snowing pretty heavily here. We didn't have snow in the forecast, so I was a bit surprised to look outside and see a fresh 1.5-2" on top of the car. Temp topped out at 38° yesterday and is going to be on a slow slide downward all day into single digits tonight.

Stopped by a pond for 40 minutes or so and landed a few decent gills after work yesterday. The bite was decent, and it was warm enough my feet didn't freeze, I just ran out of time.

Kiddo gets off school early today, so I'm gonna give it the old college try for a few hours after work today, since I won't have to worry about making sure he gets in the house when he gets off the bus.

WS - hope you have better luck this morning  :icefish:

ww - that front had the bite really slow when it moved through here, too. The fish were there, just not very active.

masoneddie - we have a bit of a warmup coming for a few days next week, but the ice is goood enough it will survive. It's turning into a better than average season for ice. That makes 2 pretty good years in a row, which is kind of unusual, but I'm not gonna complain  ;D

mr.clean - thanks, hoping I can get into them better today, but another cold front is moving in right now, so we'll see how it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.