Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607607 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24870 on: Sep 27, 2021, 05:31 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

m.clean....It was a poor fishing day. The s-i-l caught 10 and my wife caught 2. My wife was happy because she caught the biggest a 19" LM.

IW.... Sorry to read about Carson, hope he heals quickly. Not sure on the camera, the s-i-l has changed the cards the last few times. I will tell her you said she stinks :roflmao:

WW....I bet your your grandson was petty pumped :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie...Continued payers for your mom :thumbsup:

I am off for a walk in a few minutes, then I have a decent sized tree job to work on today. Now that hunting season is about here I have about 4 jobs that I need to get done in October.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24871 on: Sep 27, 2021, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 51* this am, high of 71 today.

Jeff…wow, sorry to read about Carson breaking his arm and such a bad break, dang! Sending best wishes his way for a quick and full recovery.  :thumbsup:  Did grandpa sign his cast for him?
  Steve…the weather was just about perfect for our trip to the orchard, couldn’t ask for a better day. Everyone had a good time and we wrapped it up with some cider and doughnuts afterwards. Prices were a little steep…$22 for a bag to pick your own, cider was $8/gl., and the doughnuts were $9/dz., but they had some farm animals for the kids to check out and feed also, so the entertainment value was worth it. Big crowd…the cash registers were ringing!   ;D
  Marv…excellent video, thanks for sharing! I can’t wait to show this one to my granddaughter at breakfast shortly…she’ll love the close ups!!  ;D :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…sounds like you had a great time with plenty of action and found the right spot! Unfortunate nothing came in close enough to get a shot off, but that had to be a rush getting as close as you did to those bulls. Hopefully they will be hanging around the same area when you head back this week with the rifles…best of luck to all and thanks for sharing your hunt here with us!  :clap: :bow:
  Wally…will be looking forward to your grandson’s adventure at the football game, what an opportunity for him that had to be to get on the field and see his favorite players!!  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing the pictures of that big buck again….how in the world are you going to stop Mr.WW from setting up on him, Doh!   ;D
  Bud…hope you made it safe and sound to Wisconsin, will be looking forward to your next reply….best of luck with everything!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…we’re not going anywhere and your seat at the table will be waiting for you….hope to see you back posting soon Sir!   :thumbsup:

As mentioned, had a really nice outing at the orchard with most of the family yesterday. It was busy, but there was plenty of room for everyone and a bumper crop of apples to choose from. Keeping the annual tradition going was worth every penny spent…no regrets on anything here!  :thumbsup:
  Going to try making some apple butter for the first time today…loved it as a kid, haven’t had it in years. Found lots of recipes on it yesterday so will give that a try…if nothing else, it will bring a lovely aroma of cinnamon and apples to the house, lol.   
  Cawfee’s on and there’s still a few cider doughnuts under the dome!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Marv,  thank you and have a safe day with the saws Sir!   :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24872 on: Sep 27, 2021, 06:12 AM »
49* and they are saying some rain this morning.
WW, that is a nice looking buck.
Eddie, we started the kids out on liver and onions early, told them it was steak, we don't have it often but we all like it. One of the guys in the league was Salmon fishing on Sat. Lots of fish and people, he hooked up close to 20 times and landed 2.
WS, thanks for the video.
The team took 3 of 4 last night. Had my first bad game of the year and ended up 21 pins under my avg.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24873 on: Sep 27, 2021, 06:44 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....the does are so funny  :roflmao:  easy does (well you know the rest   :nono:  :whistle:)

IW.....sorry to hear about Carson's arm  :(  hope his recovery is trouble free  :)

H2L.....there's always a bad game every season, you just got it out of the way early  :woot:  liver and onions  :sick:

Eddie.....glad you had a good day enjoying fall's bounty  :clap:  donuts are usually going for at least $1 each so $9 a dozen isn't bad  ;)

IFF......hope you've landed safely  ;)2

MrC.....excellent memory  :bow:  Penguins are out, Bruins are the new favorites  ;)2

No field goal scored yesterday, but a day my grandson will never forget  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24874 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Still trying to figure out the video to post all you can hear is the cow talking back to me, but still cool to be in that place.  Here is a cow that walked by my trail cam, thought there would be more elk but hunters were in the area more than usual.  A couple more warm days then they are saying 50's for a high wednesday.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24875 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:24 AM »
Good Morning all!
Got back late last night from a pheasant hunt with my brother. It is on a hunt club with planted birds, so there was a lot of action. He does it primarily fo his dogs get some work, I do it so we can see each other. He drives 2 hours and I drive 6 each way, but he provides the dogs and the birds, to more than fair for me.

FH4: I was just reading your posts last week and feeling jealous, when a buddy called and asked me to help host a hunt for a guy that has too many health issues to get out on his own. Leave Friday for a week in the Selway. Not expecting to get anything, but should be great camping weather. ( Please pray we DONT get anything! Those elk have gotten so much heavier than they were in the 80's, and I no longer have horses to pack them out) I hope you decide to get vaccinated- there is no health issue that is as clear as 2+2=4, but the hospitals on our state are full of people that did not need to be there. They are piling up in conference rooms and hallways because all the rooms are full.

WS: Nice deer! Do you put an apple on top of the camera to get that shot!

Coffee's empty- time to do something productive.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24876 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:21 AM »
1st hard frost of the fall here this morning.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24877 on: Sep 27, 2021, 06:21 PM »
Yes WW and crew, finally made it to Beloit WI, after a short stay at Daughter in Blue Grass, Iowa.  Will post up about the adventure later
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24879 on: Sep 28, 2021, 04:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 57* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                       Dave........I wish people will get it when it comes to the vaccine, I'm clueless to why the don't want to get it.  :unsure:
                       Bud......... I'm glad you made it safely, you mentioned adventure. So I'm guessing there was sort of excitement on the way. :whistle:
                       Badger..... So did you bring any Pheasants home or was it just a workout for the dogs? ???
                       Eddie........Yes, I got to sign his cast, I'm sure by now all his classmates have signed it. :woot: I'm glad to read the apple picking
               was a hit with the grandkids. :clap:
                       Marv.........To me that would be a decent day of fishing. :flex: So Jen is the sweet one. lol :roflmao:
                       H2l...........Sometime s people get off their game, I hope next week is a better one for you. :flex:
                       Wally.........After I posted the clouds rolled in and it rained so I didn't get the lawn mowed, maybe today. :blink:
                       Fish...........Nice picture of the Elk, Have Whopper Stopper send a PM to tell you how he does it. :thumbsup:
                       Because of the rain yesterday I didn't get my mowing done, so I tackled a baseboard heater that had some rust on it. I could only get
               the color in a primer so I had to buy a can of clear coat semi gloss, it is coming out good. Today I'll finish it.
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24880 on: Sep 28, 2021, 04:51 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone.

51 degrees may squeak out an 80 by the afternoon.

Bud.....Glad to read you made it to Beloit :thumbsup: With everything you have done in the last year it will be interesting to read what you call an adventure  ;D

IW.... Good luck wrapping up you project. Any more pontoon rides this fall?

WW....Hope the stars are aligning for an outing in the boat :thumbsup:

Eddie...I remember eating apple butter years ago. Hope it turned out as good as you remember :thumbsup:

h2l....My nieces love liver and onions. Their dad started them on venison liver when they were very young and they took to it.

Yesterday’s tree job went well; I was able to wrap it up by early afternoon. This morning I have a Dr. appointment and then I need to look at a bigger job for next week. I bid the job a couple months ago and it sounds like the guy wants to add on some things.

Hope everyone has a good day Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24881 on: Sep 28, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Morning all, 58° and extremely foggy here.

So foggy that I just about got my first deer of the season with a hatchback earlier... 4 does standing in the highway, and was just about on top of them before I could see anything. They just stood there until I screeched to a complete stop (non-abs car). Yet during season, you fart too loud and they run off from 100 yards out 🙄

IW - I need to mow badly, too after the rain we got last week made it sprout up like a hayfield. I was sick over the weekend, so the grass got neglected. Took Friday off work, so I'll get around to it then.

WS - eh liver. I worked in a cafeteria way back when I was in high school, and they did l&o once a week. Just that smell still gets to me after having it stink up that entire kitchen weekly for a few years.

IFF - glad your move is about done 👍

Drifter - making me want to pheasant hunt. I need to pick up a new bird gun. I sold mine a while back to finance a rifle purchase I couldn't resist, and haven't picked up a replacement yet.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24882 on: Sep 28, 2021, 05:42 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....bet Jake was happy to see you  :thumbsup:

IW.....mowed here Sunday afternoon, still growing like crazy  :wacko:

WS....glad the tree job was a quick one  :flex:  hope the appointment goes well ;)

Drifter....saw on the news last night a neighboring county just had the highest 1 day total positive tests since mid January  :cookoo:

Eddie.....reports are saying there's a lot of cohos in the river right now  :whistle:

Went to camp yesterday to do a quick mowing and general clean up  :flex:  might get the boat calibrated today if it's calm out once the sun comes up  @)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24883 on: Sep 28, 2021, 05:44 AM »
56* and foggy.
FH4, nice Elk. My nephew goes out to CO every other year with a group of co-workers. They have done pretty good over the years.
Badger, not many pleasant around here but hunted them when I lived in the western part of the state.
I have my share of bad games during the season, I just have started out good this year. It was bound to happen.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24884 on: Sep 28, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 58* here this am, expecting to see some showers passing through, high in the low 60’s.

Jeff…would imagine there isn’t too much room left to sign Carson’s cast, that was always a big thing as kids!  ;D   We had some unexpected passing showers come through here as well yesterday. Good luck finishing up the painting today.  :thumbsup:
  Dave…X2 on Jeff’s reply, hopefully things settle down there soon. We’re still waiting on the first frost here, not seeing anything close yet in the extended forecast but the leaves are turning which is a good sign!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad you made it to your new homestead…will be looking forward to your reply!   :thumbsup:
  Badger…that sounds like a great trip to be meeting up with your brother, awesome!  Best of luck with the elk hunting trip!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…getting closer to your trip!!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…any plans of trying out that new auto pilot today or during the week? Heard the boats are doing pretty well on the salmon in 20-60’ on Ontario.   :whistle: :thumbsup:  Thank you for the report, I hope there’s a good push Friday/Saturday!
  H2..congrats to the team taking 3 wins and keeping the pressure on!  :clap:   I’m hoping we see a double digit day Saturday like your buddy, that would really make a super trip for my grandson…fingers crossed!!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad your tree job went smoothly and you’re plans are for an easy day today! Best wishes at the Dr.’s and good luck with today’s estimate!   :thumbsup:
  Z…hope you were able to get the car up and running again!   Glad you missed the deer, had a few close calls recently here as well…don’t need that problem!  :thumbsup:

Finally got a message from the contractor yesterday afternoon that they’re planning on starting up the block job tomorrow lol. Unfortunately, I’ve got other family related commitments for the rest of this week, might start back Monday.
  Some lawn work possibly later  today if the rains hold off, scheduled a lunch with my Mom today. No new cases reported at the nursing home yesterday and the report also said visitation will be allowed on Oct. 8th for residents again if things stay stable.  :thumbsup:   

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24885 on: Sep 28, 2021, 09:09 AM »
We had a windy night here- not the 50MPH threatened, but enough to wake us up. Brought down a few more leaves.

IW: We bagged 13 pheasant. My brother kept them, but brought me some from last week he had frozen hard to they would travel home better. I sense pheasant soup in the instant pot on the horizon.

Bud: Glad you made it! Sorry about the Badgers last weekend- tough loss. You need at least a Packers ski cap before you go out fishing this winter. Are you planning to get someplace permanent before hard winter? Wisconsin is a tough place to keep a trailer warm in February.

Just booked our flights for Thanksgiving in WI, not returning until November 30, so I am pushing my first hole in the ice date back to Dec 3. Fingers crossed!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24886 on: Sep 28, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Off to the cabin in the AM for a short 5 day vacay.  ;D
Hoping I actually feel well enough to get some stuff done.
Really want to finish the back gable on the porch and break down the scaffolding to make it easier to back under the deck to off load pellets and hopefully in the spring my solar power equipment. Really looking forward to not running the generator all the time. ;)
Hopefully get some more interior paneling done too.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday look good for outside work.
Wednesday and Thursday for inside.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24887 on: Sep 28, 2021, 10:14 PM »
Good evening rain here until late afternoon then the sun made an appearance high in the low seventies dropping to middle forties overnight. the annual meeting of property owners here at my condo complex was earlier tonight done by Zoom due to Covid so new experience for me slowly making my way into 21ST century. Good presentation by president of board of directors out lined maintenance plans for 2022 trying to due some upgrades each year as the building near sixty years of age. New carpeting and painting in common areas and replacement of entrance doors on one building scheduled for next year. Overall finances in good shape though we still have majority of a improvement loan yet to pay off from a few years back  when new roofs were put on buildings and other major maintenance was done that had been neglected for many years. In my local newspaper yesterday was an article from the ST.Louis Post-Dispatch we may see hospitals across the united states start rationing health care as once again bed space is getting limited. So people may have to wait for treatment of their health problems.
Ice Wanderer may Carson arm heal quickly and he have no problems with the arm after it heals. Good to read the baseboard heat cover paint job turned out alright even though you had to use a white primer and clear coat to due the job.
Whopper Stopper many people would be happy with catching 10 fish is better then getting the striped kitty. may you get all the tree jobs completed before hunting season starts.
Eddie glad the grandchildren had a good time picking apples the prices for the cider and doughnuts are similar to what local supermarkets here are charging. I have one small farm stand type market in my county selling cider doughnuts at $7 dollars per half dozen. Good to hear you will back working for the contractor on Monday. Best to your sons ,grandson and you with the salmon fishing this weekend. Hope you had a nice lunch with your mother and things improveat her home so visitation can resume.
Hunts2long may you rebound next Sunday and bowl at or above your average.
Wallyworld your grandson's favorite NHL team may change again as he grows and players get traded or move to new team with free agency. Due you have hunting camp ready for the season is Mr.WW going out for opening of bow season in the southern zone of NY. this Saturday.may the Covid numbers in your part of Ny. stabilize and start dropping.have fun calibrating the autopilot unit on the boat.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photo. Safe and good hunting to you and the family this weekend.
Badger132 sounds like a good time spent with your brother hunting pheasants. have fun helping on the Elk hunt maybe your friend can arrange for horses or other transportation if the hunter is successful in harvesting an elk.
Drifter have a good time at the cabin may the weather forecast be correct. Keep a watch on your health some people have been infect with Covid twice.
IFF glad you arrived safely in Beloit,WI.  after a stop at daughter in Iowa. Bet to you with this new chapter in your life.
Zcm-28 glad you were able to avoid hitting the deer it does seem strange how they will stay put after almost getting hit by a vehicle yet during hitting season they take off at the first loud noise. May the repair on your wife's car be completed and vehicle back on the rod.

Everyone have a good night. best to all fishing and hunting stay safe while enjoying the outdoors.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24888 on: Sep 29, 2021, 04:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 39* and clear here on my hill, fall is here, leaves are starting to change. ::)
                          Eddie.........I hope things continue to get better at your mom's home. :flex: Glad to hear that you start on Monday for the contractor. :thumbsup:
               Good luck to you and the boys, the grandson is in for a trip of his lifetime. :woot:
                          Wally..........I was able to mow my lawn yesterday afternoon. It was way to long. :whistle:
                          Marv..........I hope the job coming up next week doesn't take to long. :unsure:
                          Badger.......That's a scary thing to have fog that thick and deer in the road. wow! :o
                          Steve.........It's good that your Condo owners can fix the problems that arise, most places just let it go way to long. :blink:
                          Bud............Are starting to get settled in? ???
                          H2l.............I bet it's getting a little chilly to be out on the lake, there might be some nice days ahead though. :unsure:
                          I have to make a grocery run today bevause this weekend is "The Worlds Largest Garage Sale" in town and there will be so much traffic
                 that it's terrible to get anything. Generally there are around 35,000 people over the 3 day event. For a small town, that's a lot of people to deal
                 with. But it's good for the economy. One of my daughter in laws runs the event and the revenue for this one event pays her salary.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW   

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24889 on: Sep 29, 2021, 06:05 AM »
40* and clear.
IW, last Sunday may have been the last trip for this year. This time of year always seem busy.
Thursday morning I have to have my car at Lindsay's by 6:45am. She is taking it to school so I can take hers to get oil change and inspection. I guess that is what Dad's are for.
Drifter, hope all goes well out at the "Cabin".
Have to call the drug store today to get info on flu shot and booster shot, get one or the other or both.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24890 on: Sep 29, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....good idea to "shelter in place" for the weekend  :thumbsup:

MrC....covid has forced many of us to break out of our comfort zones technology wise  ::)

Eddie.....hope you had a great visit with your Mom and she's doing well  :clap:

Drifter.....have a good vacay, don't overdo  :nono:

H2L.....Lindsay must be getting excited to start her new job soon  :thumbsup:

WS....hope the extra work at the tree job isn't going to be too much  :unsure:

Didn't get the boat done yesterday, it got a bit too breezy, hoping tomorrow will be the day  @)

This came from a friend's place about 2 miles away

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24891 on: Sep 29, 2021, 12:36 PM »
Beauty fall day @ the lake.
Water temp in the launch bay is down to 45 1/2 degrees. Main lake is 48.3 to 49.3 degrees. Fishing time is here.
Probably pull the dock next weekend if the winds are right.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24892 on: Sep 29, 2021, 09:38 PM »
Evening high in the low seventies to and once again dropping into the middle forties overnight. I should start seeing color change in leaves in a couple of weeks if overnight temperatures keep dropping.
Ice Wanderer  may the weather be good for the worlds largest garage sale and the turnout similar to past years. Best to your DIL that all goes smoothly with this event.
Hunts2long you are a good dad helping Lindsay out with her car's inspection and oil change. Please let us know what the drug store said about the Flu and Covid booster shots.
Wallyworld yes Covid has brought many changes for all of us. may tomorrow be a calm day so you can get the boat out and auto pilot system calibrated. Please thank your friend for sharing the bobcat photo.
Drifter enjoy the fall fishing. I hope you have a supply of wood pellets stocked for stove at cabin sounds like you will be using it before to long. May the winds be favorable for you to pull your dock next weekend.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24893 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Little warmer here this am than yesterday’s low of 39, 48* with high of 55 today.

Steve…glad your were able to participate in the Zoom property meeting, Covid sure has changed so many things in our lives.  Agree with Jeff on his reply about the property owners keeping up with the continuous maintenance…that’s a good thing!    :thumbsup:
  Dave…the lake looks beautiful, enjoy the nice weather and hope the fishing is hot! Good luck getting some of your projects out of the way this week.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks, enjoyed the time spent together. Good luck today getting the auto pilot dialed in if that’s on the planner!   Thank you for sharing the bobcat, looks like he’s on a mission!! :thumbsup:
  H2…way to go Dad!  :bow:  Will be looking forward to your post on the vaccinations, hope all went well.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thanks, no new cases reported yesterday which we are very grateful for! Best wishes and good luck to your DIL on the big event this weekend! That was smart move getting the shopping done in advance.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…were you out with the saws yesterday? Hope your day went well.   :thumbsup:

Made some adjustments in my plans for today and tomorrow and will be starting back to work again today. Kind of anxious to start back, but not really thrilled about the drive, it’s about 90 miles round trip each day, close to the Chip Plant project I was on several years back. Believe this project is some kind of containment facility for ICE…just not the kind we’re looking forward to here!  ;D :tipup:  More on that tomorrow unless I’m under some type of gag order.  :woot:
  Did make the apple butter and it turned out pretty good, enough for 6 half pints. Used 12 apples for the recipe I followed in the crockpot on low for 10hrs., the house smelled fantastic Not as good as grandma used to make, but I was pleased…don’t think we can ever capture any of those things 100% can we?  ;D  Well, time to get ready for day 1 …Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24894 on: Sep 30, 2021, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 45* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             Eddie..........Is it Global foundries at exit 11, the morning commute should be OK but the afternoon ride home going through Albany
                     could give you trouble. :%$#!: Good luck with the job until another one comes along. :unsure:
                             Wally...........Like Eddie said, that Bobcat sure looks like he has a place to be at. :whistle: I hope the weather cooperates so you and
                     Mr. WW can get the auto pilot calabrated. :flex:
                             Dave...........That sure is a peaceful picture of your lake. :thumbsup: I hope the wind is down next week so you can get your dock . :blink:
                             Steve..........My D I L is a pretty efficient person, most of the time things go smoothly. Her main problem is: people and parking, she has
                     lined up parking out of town and a bus to get them in to town. But everyone always wants to try and park close enough to walk from their cars. :cookoo:
                             H2l.............Isn't that what us fathers do, do the things for their kids so they don't have to miss work. :whistle: Good job. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                             Marv...........I bet you're getting ready for another shack run. :unsure:
                             Badger........There isn't anything better than a nicely cooked pheasant.  :thumbsup:
                             Fish............Good luck on the Elk hunt this weekend. :flex:
                             Yesterday I pulled the tomato, cucumber and bean plants and tilled in that area, we still are getting peppers and Zucchini.
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24895 on: Sep 30, 2021, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake  ;)  Hope this calibration thing is as simple as "they" say  :blink:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24896 on: Sep 30, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Well down to 27 this morning and it looks like temps will be around 70 down here and about 60 on the mountain for highs with lows in the 20 to 40's depending on where you will be at.  Hoping for a short day tomorrow but a plant shutdown today might put a kink in my plans, what a PIA.

Global foundries is one place we have been selling acid to out of our Cairo plant and trying to get more sales to them, that is what most the trips have been for is to make sure everything is right for analytical so the plant can get better product and ship better product.

One more day and then hit or miss service but will keep updating if I can.  Have a good end of the week everyone, stay safe and good luck fishing or hunting out there.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24897 on: Sep 30, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Good morning... I think,   I was told the only thing that lasts for ever is radiation and Alligators. Must be true. Things have come to a scratching Halt.  At this point purchasing the grand daughters property would not be a good fit for me.  Turns out a lot of things were not disclosed.  See a nearby property that makes a lot more sense. And in the long run a lot less expensive.  So for now waiting to see if my offer will be accepted.

WW hope you’re trip to the lake turns out like you want it too. The

One other thing on my plate today will be a flea bathing for Jake and new pickup shopping j

Edit:  bit of an update. Bath was I think enjoyable  :unsure:  Stopped in a Chevy dealer that had 1 new “Silverado “'  And 4 used ones albeit the used ones prices awful close to new ones
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24898 on: Sep 30, 2021, 09:04 PM »
Good evening slightly cooler today only reached around 65 for the days high. I had and errand to run earlier this evening on my way home did a little grocery shopping picked up a half gallon of apple cider and half dozen of what i thought were cider doughnuts. when i got home realized the doughnuts are pumpkin not my first choice. To compare prices to what Eddie paid at orchard with his grandchildren the apple cider was $3.50 and the doughnuts $4.80 .
Eddie best to you with the new job for the contractor. Sorry to read about the ninety mile round trip each day I know long comutes are often a normal thing for those working in the building/construction trades. May you have safe travel to and good fishing this weekend in Pulaski.
Ice wanderer one of the positive things to happen since the complex added a property management company in addition to the board is property maintenance has improved of course the monthly home owners association fees have increased since that choice was made back around 2005. The fees are still lower then many other condominium complexes in my area of NY. ther always will be some people who want to park as close as possible to Warrensburg's main street and the majority of garage sale action.
wallyworld may the auto pilot be calibrated and the programming not have produced any headaches.
fish/hunt4ever I hope the cause for plant shut down is not going to become a major problem. Once again safe and good hunting to you and the family this weekend.
IFF I'm a little confused thought you had purchased your granddaughter's property. Sorry the purchase has reached a halt and to read you now have an offer in on another property in the area.  May Jake have been a good boy during his flea bath.

Stay healthy and safe. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24899 on: Oct 01, 2021, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, TGIF!
  Clear and 44* on the Hill this am, high of 60 today.

Steve…thank you, anxious to get through the day today and on the river tomorrow!  :thumbsup:  The drive isn’t to bad, no traffic in the morning to deal with, about 10 minutes longer getting home yesterday. The project manager working for the general contractor is driving 2hrs. each way from Orange County..I don’t have much to complain about now, lol.
  Bud…wow, big change in plans Sir! Best wishes with your offer on the other house, hope everything goes your way!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…what a small world, I was on the Global Foundries project in Malta, NY shortly after it broke ground…quite an operation! Hope your day goes smoothly and you find those elk where you left them…best of luck to you and the family knocking one down this weekend!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…will be looking forward to your report, hope you got the auto pilot zeroed in!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…yes, Global is only a short distance away from where we’re building this detention facility. It’s actually being built in a former building which was owned by a contractor I worked for in the past. Not a huge job on our part, believe there is only about 2,500 block on our end at the moment, but additional work being bid on. Lots of rebar and grouting in the walls…same exact procedures we use building prisons/jails.  :thumbsup:

Had a good day yesterday hooking back up with some of the guys. Fairly small crew at the moment getting things started which is nice, one big plus being it’s  an inside job so no down time due to weather.
  Took a peak at some fishing reports on the river, nothing crazy happened yesterday, but there should be plenty of salmon around to pick at anyway. I’m just hoping to see my grandson get into a battle or two!   ;D
  That time again…Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.