Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1627391 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24930 on: Oct 05, 2021, 04:32 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 53* and raining here on my hill. More rain today. ::)
                        Marv........I'm glad to read that you are feeling better. :thumbsup: I bet Jo is relived to know that your brother will be hunting with you. :clap:
                        H2l..........Sorry that you didn't bowl your best, good thing for the girls backing you up. :clap:
                        Dave........If it was so dry and the berries didn't get a chance to grow, no wonder the bears are coming into town. :whistle:
                        Steve.......What service do you have now, will Verizon be less or more expensive? ???
                        Wally........I just checked the long range forecast and after today it looks like high 60's 70's for the next week and a half. :clap:
                        Zcm.........I'm glad to read that your area got enough rain to raise the river a little. :flex:
                        Eddie.......I see you posted as I was typing, Have a good day at work. How long is this job suppose to last? ???
                        Tom.........Nothing like homemade apple sauce. :thumbsup:
                        My eye appointment was excellent, the Dr. is impressed with my sugar levels and eye sight. I read the chart perfectly.
                        My wife is leaving today to go spend some time with her son in New Hampshire.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24931 on: Oct 05, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Morning all, 68° and spitting rain off an on. Got a chance of rain tomorrow and Thursday, too.

The river was up enough I could definitely float the boat off the trailer, but I need another 6" or so to run the motor. If we get this additional rain, it looks like I'll be doing some fishing this weekend.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24932 on: Oct 05, 2021, 05:31 AM »
60* start to the day. a couple of dry days guessed and then more rain for a long time guessed. To warm for the deer to move. Both my son and my buddy have yet to see a single deer.

Our deer season runs from the first of October through the end of the year. It takes a Philadelphia Lawyer to figure out what weapon you can use. bow season runs from the first of October through Jan 1 except November 15th through the end of November is firearms season. Through in some special seasons from the first of Sept on makes it more confusing.

I need to get breakfast and get on the road to work on the tower blind. When I talked to my son last night he said he had both of the 6-foot sides of the blind on the platform. I do not know how he did it alone as they are heavy.

Every one have a good day.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24933 on: Oct 05, 2021, 05:33 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

47 looking to see 70 by the afternoon

Eddie.....We will all be waiting to read if  your grandson gets his first hookup :thumbsup: Good stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IW.... Eating carrots paid off :clap: :clap: The bear hunters around the shack had an excellent season this year due to the lack of berries and nuts. They could hardly keep up with the bait piles.

WW....Clothes packed and cookies baked for a fishing trip tomorrow?

h2l.....Rest the arm up for bowling night, it will go better :thumbsup:

Zcm.... Hope you get enough rain to get you on the water :thumbsup:

I cancelled a tree job that I wanted to get done before hunting. I will work it in sometime in November.

I have a few errands to run today but first an early morning hair pruning.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24934 on: Oct 05, 2021, 06:48 AM »
53* and damp. Rained most of Monday.
I drove by the marina that services my boat for winter. There had to be 30/35 boats in the yard waiting for work to be done. I'll wait until later in the week. Seems like this season went by very fast.
Not much planned for today.
Some of the new bowlers we picked up this year are pretty good. We are holding our own pretty good, after 4 weeks we are only 1 point out of 1st place.
Have a good day a be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24935 on: Oct 05, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....that's what a team is for, to pick up the slack when someone's game is a little off  :whistle:

WS.....glad to hear your brother's going to be spending time at the shack with you  :thumbsup:

Eddie....hope the commute isn't too bad, will you be finished with this job before bad weather hits  ???

IW.....glad the doc was happy with all your numbers  :clap:

IFF.....hope things are progressing smoothly for the closing  :unsure:

TT.....fingers crossed the rain lets up  :-\

We picked up another 2+" of rain since Sunday  ::)  weatherman says things should clear out later today, so fishing is on the agenda for tomorrow  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24936 on: Oct 05, 2021, 01:39 PM »
Well got out and while driving up seen a wolf walking though a field just outside of Dubois. Missed a spike Saturday night with the daughter we both shot and went over the top of him but then the daughter redeemed herself and got herself another cow heard one bugging this morning just would not answer when we got close. Weather changing so it might get good. Might be better next week or so when I have to work. Might have to upload pictures later but will see if one will attach and post. Have a good one everyone. More to come still chasing some around in the woods.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24937 on: Oct 05, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Well, 6 days since I was possibly exposed, and none of us have any symptoms, so seems like we dodged a bullet. Decided to spend the last 2 days isolating in out 14 foot Lund, caught a mess of crappie. My record was 5 casts in a row with a fish. Highs were around 80, which is a real treat in October. Need to turn around and head up to Cascade- Friday I am helping F&G net perch for a population survey. Supposed to be the only day this week it will rain, but I have little faith in the weatherman.

FH4- Glad you found the elk- Hopefully not too far from the truck!

:tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24938 on: Oct 05, 2021, 09:40 PM »
Evening  cloudy day here weather guessers called for rain but dry all day. A couple crews from Verizon here today doing more work on the fiber optic system. Starting to see Christmas items on the shelves of a few stores in my area.
Eddie I'm sure seeing a few good sized King Salmon floating by on the river got your grandson fired up to catch one. Have a good week at work.
Ice Wanderer may your wife's trip to her son in New Hampshire have been problem free. I have no idea how Verizon's rates will compare to Spectrum's which is my current service provider. Assume we will receive a special limited time rate for those who switch companies.
Zcm-28 good to hear the recent rains have raised water level in the river may it rise enough so you can take your boat out this weekend.
Tomturkey may the temperature drop some so your son and friend see more deer activity on their hunts. I hope after today's work the deer blind is almost completed.
Whopper Stopper good that you could reschedule the tree job until after deer hunting season.
 Hunts2long may the marina not be backed up with boats waiting to be serviced due to marina waiting for needed parts . Nice that the new additions to your bowling team are having good seasons so far and helping keep your team near first place in league standings.
Wallyworld may the weatherman be correct in his forecast. Best to the two of you tomorrow with the fishing. Guessing you will be mowing later in the week thanks to the rain fall.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you are seeing and hearing elk. Congratulations to your daughter on harvesting a cow. May the coming weather change improve hunting conditions for you. looking forward to the photos once you get them posted. Be safe and good hunting to you and the family.
Badger132 Happy to hear you have show no signs of Covid-19 infection. Congratulations on finding a hot crappie bite. Best to you and Fish-Game with the perch population survey. I'm curious do you work a a licensed guideso have a connection with fish-game that that they asked for your help with the survey.

Stay healthy and safe. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24939 on: Oct 05, 2021, 10:01 PM »
Mr. Clean the lures were on sale and today I found a pinnacle rod & reel combo along with a plano plastic box for .32 yeah   Great news Badger for you hope the survey is great also.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24940 on: Oct 05, 2021, 10:37 PM »
Today is not one of my better days, started out this morning with news of my oldest brother being taken to the hospital, here in Wisconsin,  from the nursing home that they didn’t think he would make the 40 minute ambulance ride, Sister has been at his side all day and last word was he was non-responsive.  Then got a call from S-I-L that she had just gotten word of another brother also taken to hospital in Billings MT that he was found on the floor and is now on a respirator so now just have to keep the phone charged  and pray and wait
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24941 on: Oct 06, 2021, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   Calm and 55* this am, high of 64 today..

Bud…wow, so very sorry to read that about your brothers…my thoughts and prayers are with you and the families Sir.

OG…tough to beat those prices…excellent find!    :clap:
  Steve…amazing, only into the first week of October and Christmas items out already, lol. Wonder what Dr. Fauci thinks of that?   :whistle:  ;D
  Badger…very good news on no symptoms, best wishes continued for everyone! Congrats on slaying the Crappies, will be looking forward to your Cascade report!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…congratulations to your daughter, awesome job!! Best of luck to you all filling your tags, looking forward to the pictures!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope the auto pilot is ready for a workout today!   :thumbsup:   The commute isn’t too bad, no traffic whatsoever in the morning just a little in the afternoon. Not certain at the moment with the length of this job, I don’t see more than a few weeks unless they get additional work.
  Marv…way to go putting off the tree job for a little while. Have you planned your first hunt at the shack yet? 
  Tom…we’ll be waiting to hear some good hunting stories soon from that blind…best of luck to you and your son this season!   :thumbsup:
  Z…hope the weather cooperates and you can a trip in this weekend, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…glad you had a great report from the Dr.’s, excellent news!  :clap:  Hope your wife had safe travels with that off and on rain yesterday.

Not too much to report here, helped get an ex-coworker to start on this job on Monday, that’s been a big plus! Watching the rain fall yesterday from the inside while we were working was a real treat, lol, no down time! 
  Well, time to get ready and get over the hump….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24942 on: Oct 06, 2021, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 55* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. Looks like Indian summer is here for the next week. ::)
                       Eddie..........Good going getting another coworker on this job. :thumbsup:
                       Bud............Sorry to hear about your two brothers, I hope all goes well.
                       Marv...........Good idea putting the tree job off until after your Dr.'s visit in November. :clap:
                       Wally..........Have a good day out on the water, I hope the auto pilot proves to be worth while. :flex:
                       H2l.............Hopefu lly the marina gets the boats done fast so you can get yours done. :unsure:
                       Zcm.......... I'm glad the river has risen, hopefully there will be enough water by the weekend to fish. :thumbsup:
                       Badger........I'm glad to read that you dodged the bullet.  :thumbsup:
                       Fish............Congra tulations to your daughter on bagging a cow. Your turn this weekend. :flex:
                       Steve.........From what I've heard that Verizon has a better dal than Spectrum, but you won't know until they put out the information. :unsure: :unsure:
                       Not much going on, the grass needs mowing but it's to wet. Looks like Friday things will dry out.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24943 on: Oct 06, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......so sorry to hear about your brothers  :'(  thoughts and prayers to you and yours  :'(

Heading out shortly, hope the fish are hungry  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24944 on: Oct 06, 2021, 05:54 AM »
53* and cloudy..
IFF, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
WW, hope you have a good day on the water.
Eddie, back to work and inside on a rainy day, all is good.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24945 on: Oct 06, 2021, 06:11 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone  :bow:

58 with a high of 70 expected today. The weekend is looking to be a little wet.

Bud.....Prayers and best wishes for your brothers and families. We are all here for you :thumbsup:

Eddie... My first round of hunting will be the 15th-21. I am waiting until after my wife has her cataract surgery next week before I start spending time in the stand.

IW....It sounds like a quiet day, nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

WW....Best of luck if hitting the water today :thumbsup:

Badger.....Good news on escaping the grip :thumbsup:

FH4...Congrats to your Daughter :thumbsup:

A few errands today then some range time and bow shooting.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24946 on: Oct 06, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Morning all, 63° and drizzing here. Supposed to be 74 with rain later.

I'll definitely be fishing this weekend, river is finally up enough to launch a boat, and we're forecast more rain tonight into tomorrow morning... chomping at the bit after 7 weeks without a line in the water because of this stupid drought.

IFF - sorry to hear the bad news.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24947 on: Oct 06, 2021, 08:47 AM »
Good Morning ER's 62* here heading to mid 70's    Bud prayers to you and family  82, ww good luck out on the water.  It sure don't seem like October. Heading to the jungle Marv any Major construction going on in Minneapolis?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24948 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Bud, sorry to hear about your brothers. Hopefully they will be ok.   :'(

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24949 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:20 AM »
Bud hope all turns out for you. Nothing talking this morning lots of fresh tracks just nothing standing in any of them.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24950 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:56 AM »
Good Morning ER's 62* here heading to mid 70's    Bud prayers to you and family  82, ww good luck out on the water.  It sure don't seem like October. Heading to the jungle Marv any Major construction going on in Minneapolis?

The jungle is all tore to hell. What route are you taking?

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24952 on: Oct 06, 2021, 03:15 PM »
98% of the ICU beds here is are filled with non vaccinated people.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24953 on: Oct 06, 2021, 09:45 PM »
Good evening another cloudy day with a high temperature near seventy.
IFF(Bud) my prayers added to the others said  for your brothers their families and you. May both of your brothers make a recovery.
Old Goat thank you for answering my question about your recent purchase of ice fishing lures,jigs and plastics. May you have a safe and problem free trip to Minneapolis.
Eddie nice that you were able to help an ex-coworker find employment. Many retail stores today have limited warehouse/storage space as as items are delivered they head to sales floor. There is an expression called Christmas Creep as it seems retail stores start putting up their Christmas displays earlier each year.
Ice Wanderer once I receive any offers from Verizon will compare rates and see if it is worth it for me to switch.
Wallyworld hope you had a good day on the water and new autopilot keep you on any schools of fish you found.
Whopper Stopper may all go well with your wife's upcoming cataract surgery. Did you get your hunting riffles and archery bow sighted -in today.
Zcm-28 good to read all the recent rains have raised water level in the river enough that you can launch your boat and fish this weekend.
Fish/hunt4ever may the elk respond to any calling you are doing and come into range for a shot or you spot a group and be able to get into riffle range before the group moves or notices you.
Drifter sad to hear Covid-19 has become a major problem in the NWT and ICU beds at Yellow Knife hospital are extremely limited. I saw a newspaper story where State of Alaska passed an emergency declaration allowing four hospitals in the state to ration health care once again due to limited beds. ( the hospitals are located in the cities of Anchorage and Fairbanks. I believe if the United States tried to use some of the measures your country is using to prevent or limited the virus spread we would see many lawsuits and people protesting in the streets.

Have a good night stay healthy and safe. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24954 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:39 PM »
Steve
FYI, Alaska is an American state. It doesn't belong to Canada unfortunately.
  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24955 on: Oct 07, 2021, 03:43 AM »
Insomnia is a b***h.  Brother in Montana didn’t make it through the night.  Last time I visited him was little after July 4th. What still sticks out in my mind from that short visit the brother I was driving back to Washington wouldn’t get out of the car without putting a mask on and Lee said you don’t need that here. It was pretty evident he had bought into the miss information about the Virus pandemic and stated he would never take the vaccine.  In conversation with his daughter she told me that he was taken to the hospital September 28th  and tested positive. He being as stubborn as he always was demanded a ride home to his apartment or he was going to walk home.  His daughter was not able to enter the ER or be with him, Chauk up like so many others that in there final hour, alone  :'( :’(  today has been one of the hardest days I have had to face it’s right there with loosing my Janice
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24956 on: Oct 07, 2021, 03:51 AM »
On a brighter note my oldest brother (Carl) improved with his infection in his blood enough so he was able to eat a little breakfast they will not send him back to nursing home right away so will be permitted to see him before he is released from the hospital   The property closing is at a standstill until the owner agrees to have a septic problem resolved which would require it be abandoned and hooked up to city waist line that has already been run bordering the property
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24957 on: Oct 07, 2021, 04:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  52* with some fog this am,  high of 68.

Bud…searching for words, times like these are never easy to say the right thing. So sorry to read that about your brother, my sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you and all the family members Sir…may he be resting in peace now.
  Thoughts and prayers continued for your brother Carl, that is very good news on him, please keep up posted and know we’re all here for you…God Bless.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24958 on: Oct 07, 2021, 04:43 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 52* here as well and foggy. ::)
                       Bud.........X2 on what Eddie posted..

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24959 on: Oct 07, 2021, 04:48 AM »
Good morning Bud, Everyone!

Bud....Prayers and Peace for the entire family and friends. Very sorry to read of his passing. Prayers for Carl to keep improving.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.