Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Mr Heater cooker modifications?

(1/12) > >>

LoneWolf:

This season I wanted to try the Mr Heater heater/cooker and I wanted the model MH15CS. That is the newest model with the push button igniter as I didn't want to mess around with matches or a lighter out on the ice. I tried everywhere but I could only find it on e-bay and the seller wanted $80 plus $13 shipping. By the way the model MH15 in either C or CS isn't even listed on Mr Heater's web site.
I was able to find  the MH15C which doesn't have the igniter for $39.95 delivered. What I did find was there is a pre made spot for the electrode alongside the propane tip.
I called Mr Heater to order the electrode as it was an odd shape .. square. After being told I couldn't do it and it won't work I ordered the electrode .. $13.00 delivered.
I proceeded to make a simple clamp style bracket for the push button piezo .. which I had. I purchased high heat spray paint and painted the bracket/holder.
When the electrode arrived the wire length was very long .. probably 8 or 9 inches. I cut the wire to length and carefully exposed the wire which is encased in a plastic sleeve. I soldered on a new end and shrink tubed everything. I installed the electrode and piezo bracket and found the screw hole that secures the small strap, which holds electrode and fuel tip, was stripped. I installed a smaller diameter screw and nut to secure everything. Final results ... it starts every time.
I had stuff laying around so total cost was the electrode and paint ... under $20 .

I hope this helps some other members.  ;)

Shows push button piezo in bracket.

The electrode and wire lead.

The electrode installed next to the fuel tip.

A better picture of bracket.

Bracket at another angle.

Shortened electrode lead.

Bout-Time:
Cool mod, good job LW!

Skipper:
I think I am gonna give this idea a try... I just removed about an inch of my beard lighting a tank top model heater I bought last week with a bic lighter. :o

I had to give it a quick trim to be presentable, many may say it's an improvement! ;D

Bout-Time:
LOL

LoneWolf:

--- Quote from: Skipper on Mar 15, 2012, 06:25 PM ---I think I am gonna give this idea a try... I just removed about an inch of my beard lighting a tank top model heater I bought last week with a bic lighter. :o

--- End quote ---

Ouch !

--- Quote ---Cool mod, good job LW!

--- End quote ---

Thanks B-T .

If anyone needs any further pictures or have questions let me know.

Doug >))))>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version