Author Topic: Funny  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
Funny
« on: Oct 04, 2004, 09:51 PM »
What is the most commical experience that you have ever had while out on the ice?

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
Re: Funny
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 11:04 PM »
Funny you say that. I remember the first time I was lake trout icefishing, and I was catching a lot of them out of the same hole and the rest of my group wasn't getting anything. They then progressively drilled holes closer and closer to mine, until their holes were on either side of mine and maybe 3" apart. We were rubbing shoulders. Funnily enough I continued catching lakers and they didn't :D
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2004, 04:48 PM »
seems snow sleds roll easy when 14 buddys are watching  ;D
Anthony

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2004, 06:25 PM »
only on their first day!! ::) everything i own that has a motor on it ,except for my boat luckily,has been flipped once or twice!!

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2004, 10:59 PM »
Lots of funny moments for me. I tumbled head over heels backwards out of my chair trying to set the hook on a laker. Once I had a rainbow grab my bait so hard that the rod went down the hole, only to have me scramble and save it, while getting my arm completely wet. Oh well it was worth it. I've had a spill or two as well, but usually we have enough snow on the ice for traction that I avoid it.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2004, 06:58 PM »
I wouldnt say this was funny unless I was watching, but a couple of years ago I went for a shanty race across a cove. We had rain that turned the ice super slick the next day, and high winds. I was walking the fish trap to a spot, when a wind gust blew the tent part up, and made it a sail, the rope tangled onto my legs, and I got dragged across the cove, cut my hand on something , and was bleeding like a seive. I tried hard to bite into the ice with my cleats, hard to do when your on the ground/ice.Good thing the wind wasnt blowing the other direction, the main lake was open water. I would have been swimming with the fishes (Maybe even with Luca Brazzi). I went back to my house to bandage my hand, and said I wont give up so easily. Went back out, hooked a small perch and my jigging rod broke at the handle. I think I may have landed on it when the wind got me. I called it a day!

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2004, 07:36 PM »
wow, rough day man!
Anthony

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2004, 08:20 PM »
yeah i probably would have give up after i cut my hand.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.