Author Topic: Snow!!!  (Read 1285 times)

grumpymoe

Snow!!!
« on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:54 AM »
Yes everyone....Snow....go t up sunday morning to see just a skiff of snow on the round bales, grass and vehicles in the yard....granted....it wasn't alot but enough that i should have taken a pic....and this morning.....-9C which translates to about 15F.... ;D ;D.....guess i didnt stoke the woodstove enough last night before heading to bed....my wife and i took another practice run in the shanty...whew!!...had to open the door a few times until i had it just right.... ;D ;D...Grump

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: Snow!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:59 AM »
In Upper Michigan, we also had snow Sunday night. We've woken to thick frost for the last week...almost have the new shanty finished, we hauled it out of the garage and into the back yard last night. I'm ready!!!

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2004, 09:54 AM »
 :thumbsup: it was a great sight we had snow yesterday too not much but it was still snow woooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!Bring it on!!!!! :clap:

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2004, 11:33 AM »
While I was walking to work I saw a puddle that was frozen over and I just had to stop and stare at it for a while . Could just imagine it being a small lake and little people fishing it ........

WE are sooooooo close.......... ;)2
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:57 PM »
We have gotten two storms in September in the mountains that gave them 1 - 2 feet and more than that in the very high elevations above timber line. Usually first snow in the lowlands comes in late October to mid November.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2004, 07:07 AM »
False hope for now....after the wake up call on sunday morning.....the weather turns....temps in the mid 70's daytime....this morning temp was 60F for the low....and the long range forecast for the remaining week and long weekend is for clear sunny skies and temps about the same....Darn....keep lighting the woodstove in the shanty...even last night...hope the new paint doesnt blister before hardwater hits....practice...pra ctice...practice.... :-\ :-\...Grump

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2004, 04:18 PM »
torture isnt it grump?? 8) looks like youll have to put your thoughts of ice...on ice...for now anyway!! :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.