The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: fishing reports....?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
fishing reports....?
« on: Dec 15, 2018, 10:54 AM »
where does everyone post their fishing reports/ice conditions? I find myself using lake link for that more than this great site. The only reason is I find it more user friendly. I wonder if us WI hard water anglers are that tight lipped on Iceshanty or using lake link is just that much easier??

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: fishing reports....?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2018, 06:06 PM »
No Idea, I wondered in to see if there might be fishable ice around La Crosse
Bud

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Ice thickness reports are useless.  I don't believe anyone should post these, as the ice thickness can change from one spot to another.

As far as fishing reports, I report to 4 other fishing buddies.  No-one else needs to know!  Hero pics are a thing of the past with today's social media sites. 

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Ice thickness reports are useless.  I don't believe anyone should post these, as the ice thickness can change from one spot to another.

As far as fishing reports, I report to 4 other fishing buddies.  No-one else needs to know!  Hero pics are a thing of the past with today's social media sites. 

I partially agree with you on the ice thickness reports, but it can be a good heads up for someone that has not been to a particular spot or area. Yes ice varies and you should always err on the side of caution to be sure (exspecially this year with this dang weather for my area); however, I also think its good to share what you experience as far as ice conditions from a safety standpoint for a particular area. There is no right or wrong here I just want everyone to be safe. And yes, as far as "success" stories and bragging rights...  sometimes the fewer in the circle the better... ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.