The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Eau Pleine flowage 8-10" ice  (Read 1490 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Eau Pleine flowage 8-10" ice
« on: Dec 30, 2006, 06:53 AM »
Fished Oxbo area first ice fishing in 8 years, awesome, 8-10" good ice, no fish for me, depth finder didn't work long as 8 year old battery died shortly, so I was soon out of luck to see fish and bait, next group was catching some undersized walleyes. Surprised 3-4" shiners were recommended and used by others, seemed big, waxworms on jigs, I am still relearning game and spent too much time screwing around with new gear and depthfinder not working. New otter wilderness walleye was awesome, strikemaster power auger worked great. Get new battery and try again tomorrow if not raining hard Anybody else fishing there, could use pointers on where, how, depth, bait, anything to catch some fish.  Thanks

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Big Eau Pleine flowage 8-10" ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Eight to ten inche's!  :o

Offline RLS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Eau Pleine flowage 8-10" ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2007, 03:19 PM »
I live in COlorado now but grew up in Colby.  Fished the Eau Pleine since before I can remember.  Made it back for christmas this year and went over to what usedto be Coskeys landing on the North side of Moon bridge.  caught one little walleye in 2-3 hours.  Had a friend say that he couldn't keep up with the flags near oxbow the day before christmas mostly smaller walleyes but fun none the less.  Good luck to all you guys back home

RLS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.