Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1641141 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10260 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:08 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 50* and clear on m hill this morning with another warm day ahead, we need a new weather pattern! ???
                      Eddie.......That sucks that the boat launch wasn't finished, I guess they think they can take their sweet ass
             time since it's hunting season. It was too warm to be in the woods, it's so dry walking is too noisy, like walking on
             corn flakes! :%$#!:
                      Marv.......Sounds like you put in a full day yesterday, I hope you didn't over do it so you can work today! LOL
             I hope the snow comes to you next weekend in the stand and the deer start moving! :flex:
                      Bud........Have a good day fishing before work! :thumbsup:
                      Wally......have a good time in Mass. with the grand kids. :roflmao:
                      Yesterday I took the wife to another park, Feeder Canal Park it was a nice walk along the canal and the Hudson River.
             She really needs to walk more to get her knee back to where she wants it to be. These parks around have some nice views
             and are well maintained.
                      Today, it's leaves again and then I have to put a new wiring harness for my trailer in my truck. Later I'll go check
             my trail camera to see if any activity is on it!
                      I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the water or in the woods!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10261 on: Oct 23, 2017, 06:39 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....glad you had the chance to drop in  :)  hope you're able to get squared away soon  ;)  enjoy your day off sir  @)
Eddie...not much deer activity during daylight hours up this way either, trail cams show they're moving all night long  :-\ sorry to hear the fishing trip didn't work out for you  :(
WS....sounds like quite the busy day yesterday  ;D   I have the same issue with wet grass here this time of year, by the time it dries out, the evening dew is starting to settle  :blink: 
MrC.....no cookies yet, I'll be baking next Monday & Tuesday after we get home  :wacko: there won't be anything fancy
IFF.....way to show your buddies how to fish  :thumbsup: hope you're able to connect with a few keepers today  :flex: 
IW.....it certainly has been great weather to get outside and walk  :)  not so great for being in the woods tho  :(  sure seems the temps should start to drop some before too much longer  ;)

Took advantage of another beautiful day yesterday to get outside and pressure wash the house and deck  :flex:  Some errands to run today.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10262 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:06 AM »

Slow moving rain going through right now. It started around 4 yesterday and has been coming down steady since. The weather guesser just said they had 1.5 inches of rain over at my other place. it is recorded a half mile from my house. It is raining to hard to take a look to see how much we have already. Maybe the rain will raise the lake level enough to float the pontoon to get it off the bottom.

I was working in the garage yesterday. When I went to put the door down, It had buckled in the middle and would not come down. it was an interesting couple of hours dropping it down to close up the hole. The jerks that installed it should never be allowed to have a hammer or screw driver in their hands. The tracks are to far apart causing it to rack. Now to find a decent price on a Clopay steel door with torsion springs instead of extension springs.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10263 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:29 AM »

Just a little cookie fix for y'all  :woot:  before & after brownie batter cookies to take along for the grandkids  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10264 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:49 AM »
WW, you could drop off some on your way to MA. Wife is making cut-outs today, we could do a trade...lol Have a safe trip and fun with the kids.
Boat is ready to be put away. Today taking down the screen house on the deck.
Didn't hunt this weekend. Way too warm for me to be sitting in the woods...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10265 on: Oct 23, 2017, 03:06 PM »
Well this morning was a real bust, should have worn my bibs, the only thing biting today was the wind.  Post frontal bite sucked.  :(

Dang WW, think I gained a pound just looking at the cookies.  ;D  Have a good trip.

Tom, always something to make your day.

Off to the work place.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10266 on: Oct 23, 2017, 04:13 PM »
Good afternoon ER's. Just stopped into the library for a moment on my way To Walmart to buy some spring water for a fish tank my daughter gave me. It's a 5 gal. tank and the old one is 2 1/2 gal. Once I get it set up, she'll get the smaller one for on a table in her room. I need to get moving, daylight's burning!!  I hope everyone has a great evening!! I posted a joke and a Halloween funny. Later.........
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10267 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:51 PM »
I just went out to check the rain gauge before it got dark. 3 and  7/10ths in the last 27 hours. I checked radar. It is a good thing that the ground over at the other place is pure sand as it is getting pounded right now. Where was this stuff when we needed it all summer.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10268 on: Oct 23, 2017, 06:13 PM »
I just went out to check the rain gauge before it got dark. 3 and  7/10ths in the last 27 hours. I checked radar. It is a good thing that the ground over at the other place is pure sand as it is getting pounded right now. Where was this stuff when we needed it all summer.

At my house, remember ? ;D

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10269 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:50 PM »
It is about time you started sharing some of that wet stuff. The reason you did not get to keep it to your self is it is coming right from the Gulf. tis is gong to be more rain than we have gotten all summer.

Oh by the way it is still coming down.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10270 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Good evening everyone . Mr.Turkey glad you are finally getting rain sounds like it might be to much at one time hope no flood damage results from the deluge.
OldSailor hope your wife is doing well with her new knees. Sounds like you are preparing a bait fish tank for this ice fishing season.
IFF any reason given why you could not launch your boat yesterday.
Whopper Stopper how did things go at the town house job. May things cool down for this week ends hunt.
Eddie sorry you were not able to launch your boat due to continuing work on the ramp.
Ice Wanderer how did the wiring harness installation go no problems I hope, best to your wife on building strength back in her knee.
Wallyworld did you get the pressure washing finished. Sure the grand children will enjoy the brownie cookies.

Have a good night.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10271 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:12 PM »
Steve, the reason was those other guys that were already there, see me coming into the parking lot, and being just a tad younger, for some reason don't think I should be fishing by myself.   :nono: :nono: So as a little joke, told the inspector to tell me I couldn't launch lol.  Then inspector said your buddies are over there.  They were calling my cell phone as I approached the inspection station.  About the only time one cannot launch is if all the parking places for vehicle with trailers are taken.  Thus not having the lake over crowded.  It can be zoo some days with fishing boats, sail boats, jet skies, wake boats, and water skiers all trying to do their thing at the same time.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10272 on: Oct 24, 2017, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's cold and rainy here first time this year yippy

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10273 on: Oct 24, 2017, 03:53 AM »
Good Morning OG, Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 64* this am, high of 66 here today with rain/thunderstorms forecasted for most of the day. We had mostly all inside work when the weather was nice, now most of it outside again..see what the day brings!

OG...we got the rain, can you send the cold?   ;D
  Wally...wishing you and Mr.WW a safe trip to Mass today and a wonderful time with the grandchildren...those brownie batter cookies look scrumptious!!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..they sound like a good group of guys, do you icefish with them also?
  Tom...glad you finally got some rain there, imagine the lake has come up quite a bit now! Hope there's no flooding going on in your area... :thumbsup:
  H2...hopefully we'll see some of that cooler weather soon!
  Jeff...hope the wiring harness went well, anything good on the camera? Best wishes to your wife regaining the strength in her knee. That's a great way to get outside and excercise going to different places like you've been doing, excellent!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope your day went well yesterday with the saws....only a few days to go until the hunting trip again, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:
   Mr.Ninja...how's the dredge going on your lake?

Started the morning off yesterday with (2) confirmed kills on our mouse trap line at the shop...a 4 3/4" taken on a crumb muffin, and 4 7/16 taken on a gel mouse bait... :flex: :roflmao:   2nd Annual Mouse Harvest total now stands at 3.  Re-baited my trap with a piece of apple fritter, hoping one of them has a sweet tooth!    ;D
  My sons started back to work on days yesterday after about 6 months of nights...no more morning deer stands for them during the week unfortunately...limite d to weekend hunts now.
  Well, time to get ready...hope we get the day in!    Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10274 on: Oct 24, 2017, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Old Goat, Bud, Eddie ER's,
                          It's a balmy 62* and light rain here on my hill, with 1 to 2 inches expected for today, we had .19" already.
                          Steve, Eddie........I didn't get a chance to get to the wiring harness yesterday, it took me a long time to do
                  leaf clean up and I had to run an errand in town. I'll get to it when the rain is over in a couple days. ::)
                          Eddie.........Good luck with the mouse hunting at least you're getting some action. :woot:
                          Goat...........Like Eddie said send some cold this way please! ;)2
                          Marv..........Hope all went well at the townhome. :flex:
                          Rain is the word of the day, I think it's a good day to trim out a venison neck and make some jerky. :clap:
                          I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out in a stand or on the water.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10275 on: Oct 24, 2017, 04:53 AM »
Good morning everyone!
Sitting in the truck waiting another 10 min to start hammering.

Good going on the mice Eddie! I bet the fritter will catch something, hope not a co-worker :whistle:

The flags are straight out this morning, it will be a wild day in the bucket.

Best of luck if traveling, fishing, hunting or keeping up with the Grandkids. Above all, stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10276 on: Oct 24, 2017, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,

TT....glad you're finally getting some much needed rain  :clap:
Eddie....hope the rains don't interfere with getting a full day in  :-\  kudos on the trapping   :flex:
IFF....that's nice that the younger guys keep an eye on your safety & well being  :thumbsup:  good to have friends like that
MrC....I did the back of the house and deck which is mostly shaded and tends to get mold/moss growth  :sick:  the rest of the house just needs a quick once over one of these days
WS....do you ever have a hard time finding your "solid ground legs" after swaying in the bucket (or tree stand) all day  ???  be safe up there sir  ;)
IW....looks to be a good day for inside work for sure, winds are howling here pretty good this morning and it's 68* already  ::)  hoping the rain & wind will get rid of the remaining leaves  ;D
H2L....hope you got some of those cut out cookies & milk yesterday  ;) 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10277 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Not raining right now but by the looks of the radar it will not last that long. I just dumped the rain gage as it was up to 4.75 inches and only goes to 5. The deck is covered with cherry leaves but the cherry tree does not look like it lost that many.

Plenty sore this morning from spending most of yesterday storing things in the garage. Legs are the sorest from climbing the ladder to get things up in the garage attic to store them.  A day of rest today as I have a bushel of apples to make into sauce.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10278 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Good morning early risers we had rain earlier skies still over cast and light wind still mild temperature. I'm starting to see more Fall color locally some trees already have dropped most of their leaves.
IFF glad it was just your friends playing a joke. I know many places require you to steam clean your boat and trailer every so often to stop spread of invasive species thought maybe your boat and trailer needed a cleaning.
Eddie hope you get a full day of work in today. Mouse population must be high if your crew has caught 3 already. Where in the state are your sons working currently assume close to their homes if they could do morning hunts before getting new hours.
Old goat ditto the others comments on sending the lower temperatures east.
Ice Wanderer have fun with the jerky making today. Due you have a local gym your wife could join not the same as walking outside but will help her strengthen knee.
Whopper Stopper must be noise restrictions in your work place today or your waiting for day light , start time for work day. Any way to strap yourself into the bucket has to be a challenge trying to cut a branch while you and it are moving from the wind.
Wallyworld safe journey to Mass. enjoy time with the grandchildren. Mr.WW is a lucky man to have you for a wife many women would tell their husband pressure washing house and deck was his job.
Mr.Turkey seems you are getting caught up on rain fall in a short period of time. Enjoy the home made apple sauce.
Have a safe day .Best to all visiting the woods or waters.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10279 on: Oct 24, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Good Morning,   Eddie, a few of them do join in on the ice, That is when there is enough that is acceptable for them.  Not the hard water warrior that I am.  One can't stand cold hands (John)  One is as much of a die-hard that I am, (Jon) and will go to Granby for the Lakers., that is if its not snowing, otherwise he has to be driving a county snow plow.  Another will join in if Walleye are the target on the home lake (Kevin) The ice there has been less and less each of the last 6 years, for most of the close by front range waters. There is a much younger group, that are more than willing to tag along, and learn the tips and tricks that come from the years of knowledge.  Last winters hot spot was a lake that holds Walleye, Yellow perch, as well as Trout, but only had ice in its coves.

Not much on my plate this morning, a trip to a store to get a much needed/must have (Cover Girl Perfect Point Express)  ::)  ;D Not for me you understand.  Still need to get in gear and load more of the salvage metals, copper wire that is destined to be recycled.  Tomorrow morning would be a good day for that.

Still having roller coaster days, down to 31* last night, and flannel sheets on the bed, tomorrow will swing up to 77, then back down to 21-23* for Thursday with some snow. :cookoo: Glad I have Friday off.

Still some coffee on.  Safe day to all.
Bud

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10280 on: Oct 24, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Hello to all, just checked the forecast, weather underground is saying 1" of snow for Thursday and 1 -3" for Friday . They usually way over estimate precipitation amounts. Closest tv station KELO is saying 1 maybe 2" just for Friday .  So it is beginning.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10281 on: Oct 24, 2017, 11:18 PM »
Well scratch that plan, my hours got switched from after noon to closing,  to Morning. ::)

Early pillow time for me.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10282 on: Oct 25, 2017, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!   ;D
  Rain has passed on by, cloudy and 55*, high of 59 here today. We ended up getting a few hours in yesterday, but concrete was cancelled and rescheduled for a 6am delivery this morn. Most of my crew will be starting at 5, 1:30 quitting time works for me...no school buses to deal with today!   :clap:

Tbern...sure would like to see some of that weather head East soon, it's been unseasonably warm here.
  Marv...hope the winds died down some for you yesterday, that's got to be a white knuckle job cutting limbs with a swaying machine, dang! Have a safe day today...I'm sure you're looking forward to the end of this day as well... :thumbsup:
  Bud...how have the scrap metal prices been, haven't followed them for quite some time now. Seems they always jumped when gas prices went up...speaking of gas, paid $2.55gl yesterday.
  Steve...my sons were working in Albany on 787 right near my job site, 6pm-4:30am...approximately a 35 minute drive traffic pending. They're now working at the Gilboa Dam project, Schoharie Reservoir,  another NYC water source. Not sure how long they'll be there or the scope of their work at the project...about an hour drive.
  Tom..wow, you sure got a lot of rain out of that storm! Was there a lot of flooding in your area?
  Jeff...venison jerky... :clap: :thumbsup:  great way to get through a rain day!! Good luck if you're hunting this am, at least it will be quiet walking in with the wet leaves!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..hope you had safe travels with the rain yesterday!   :thumbsup:

Counted 17 deer total yesterday on my drive into work yesterday, thinking the rain moving in had something to do with it coupled with the corn that has been being harvested.
  One more mouse found in the trap line....total is now up to 4!
  Time to get ready for the grey stuff....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10283 on: Oct 25, 2017, 03:14 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are doing well. Landed the snow thrower it is 37 years young. Looks like it is only a year or 2 old runs great and is solid as a rock. I seem to like the older stuff and this is no exception. Cost 100 and well worth it. Eddie good luck on site today and with the trapping. WS hope you did ok in the carnival bucket ride in the wind. Good luck to those on the hunt or on the water.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10284 on: Oct 25, 2017, 03:39 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

36 heading to 55 with partly cloudy skies, and light winds :clap:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent Hump day both on the job and trap line today :thumbsup:
I have been seeing a lot more deer activity as of late also. So far no close calls but it seems every year I end up almost connecting with the Buick.

Yesterday was about as expected with the winds gusting to over 45mph at times. We were working at a town home where we had permission to start at 6am rather than the normal 7am. Business centers we can start whenever if they have good lighting, residential is always a 7am start.

Wally you asked about "Ground Legs". Pretty much the same as a day in the boat with white caps. Once you finally get down it does seem odd to be on something stable ;D The hard part is all the play a 65 foot boom has when extended, coupled with all the movement the limbs have in the wind. You always feel like the truck is rolling away ??? Long after you go to bed you keep seeing swaying trees when you close your eyes, I guess that will never go away.

I do have one quick story from yesterday. We finished up the town home and I had to knock down a couple dead oaks for a contractor. Under one of the oaks they had a portable toilet set up. I noticed the boss ducked into it when no one was looking and I also noticed he  was in there for awhile. I cut off a few stubs and a couple small limbs and swung the boom over the hut. I started hollering that "I cut the rope, look out the limb is falling" I then started dropping pieces on the fiberglass roof along with the couple of dead branches. The door flew open and the boss came diving out with his pants half way up :woot: My God! we started laughing  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Anyway, he was pretty mad at me for the rest of the day :o

Time to fire up the old Buick and wrap up this long anticipated week. Tonight will be a long one getting everything loaded. I want to be sitting tomorrow afternoon ahead of the weather front that is expected. The are talking 1-3" of snow into Friday :thumbsup:

Best of luck no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe !

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10285 on: Oct 25, 2017, 03:52 AM »
excellent one WS keep up the good work

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10286 on: Oct 25, 2017, 04:21 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....OMG  :roflmao: :thumbsup:  I can just picture the boss' face flying out of the outhouse  :clap: :bow:  good one  >:D  hope your day goes by quickly today, safe travels tomorrow & best of luck. We'll be waiting for the pics  @)
MrC.....I keep telling MrWW the exact same thing  :woot:   ;D
Eddie....hope your day is more productive today, still raining pretty hard here in MA  :-\  enjoy the afternoon with the early quitting time  :clap:
IFF....nice they gave you so much notice about the change in hours  >:(  :cookoo:  hope you were able to get to sleep ok  ;)
TT....has the pontoon floated free yet  ???  hope your soreness has eased up  :)
IW.....do you make the jerky in the oven or a dehydrator  ???  h ???ow long do you marinate the meat  ???
OG.....nothing wrong with wanting "experienced" equipment  ;)2  most of the new stuff is made to be disposable  >:(

Another rainy day here, warm & humid too  ::)  Shouldn't have to run a/c at the end of October  :wacko: :blink:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10287 on: Oct 25, 2017, 05:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 49* and I thought some of the moon this morning when I let the cat out.
                      Eddie...........Happy Hump day, I hope the pour does well this morning. keep up the good trapping! :flex:
                      Wally........I have a dehydrator, I marinated the meat for 8 hr. then I have been hydrating over night, some of
              the pieces were thicker than others. I got up around 2 am and took the thinner pieces out that were done.  :thumbsup:
                      Marv........I guess the boss can't take a joke, have a good day in the jungle! :flex: I hope you get some snow
              at "The Shack" this weekend! ???
                     Steve........There is a gym in Queensbury but she doesn't like those places, I think she is self conscious about being
             around all those fitness freaks! ???
                     Bud........I guess they like mixing up schedules to keep you guys on your toes! :whistle:
                     Tom.......That's a lot of rain in a short period, I hope some of got soaked in and not runoff! ::)
                     I hope everyone has a good Wednesday Hump Day either at work or at play!

IW 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10288 on: Oct 25, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Good morning everyone, happy hump day. Looks like it's going to be a rainy day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10289 on: Oct 25, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Deer jerky sounds good,I don't have any steaks left from last year but do have quite a bit of burger,I'll have to get the jerky shooter out and make a batch in the dehydrator. Speaking of gas prices 2.73 in Pa. and 2.15 in Ohio. Since I hunt in Ohio a lot, I buy all my gas in Ohio. Deer hunting is just terrible this year EHD killed a lot of big deer in Pa. and Ohio. I  got to do something productive,steelhead are moving into the  tribe of lake Erie,I always get enough for the smoker,not a fan of eating them fresh.  The water temps are still a little to warm for the good fall crappie bite,but we are cooling off,so Monday I'm going panfishing.  Good luck to all the hunters and fishers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.