Author Topic: Snow filled Fishtrap??  (Read 950 times)

Offline wallyboss

• Team IceShanty Regular
Snow filled Fishtrap??
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:13 PM »
My Fishtrap keeps accumulating a lot of snow when I drag it behind my Quad. I have a Fishtrap cover for it( I even undid the stitching to get to the elastic and tightened it) but still the snow comes in.  Is it just something that I will have to live with or has somebody figured out a trick to stop it.

Thanks for reading guys.
When Hell freezes over !!!!  I'll be there icefishing!!!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
Re: Snow filled Fishtrap??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Gutta hole on the sled?

Offline Allen66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:20 PM »
Try slowing down a little!  ;D ;D

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 02:52 PM »
My Fishtrap keeps accumulating a lot of snow when I drag it behind my Quad. I have a Fishtrap cover for it( I even undid the stitching to get to the elastic and tightened it) but still the snow comes in.  Is it just something that I will have to live with or has somebody figured out a trick to stop it.

Thanks for reading guys.

If your talking snow dust that I suspect you are take a heavy blanket and cut it to fit on top of the sled with just a small overhang  a few pieces of velcro will secure it and your troubles will be gone 

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Mine does the same thing, i really think its because of the low profile sled that it just gets pushed up under the cover at cruising speed on the quad. This never happens when i tow the otter which is alot deeper sled.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:53 AM »
another tip for ya is to build a snow guard onto the hitch, If you are using a heavy steel tube hitch with a spring on the sled end I have taken a piece of lexan and cut it to fit over the U shaped opening of the hitch and screwed it to the hitch just make sure you do this while it is hooked to the sled you cant go the whole length of the hitch because you wont be able to slide the hitch onto the sled and dont pinch the width of the U shape I will take a pic today and post for ya

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:11 AM »
 :o  huh , never had that happen  ??? , putten it all way down. mine is really tight , have hard time getting it on. mayby its too lose.  >:(   good luck ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.