New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413087 times)

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
**Chautauqua Lake BS**
« on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:53 PM »
 Whats the best prediction for ice on Chautauqua? Any guesses?

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: chautauqua ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Jan. 3rd.     

Offline Nick94

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA MapMan
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:07 AM »
thats a big lake, may take a while. but i don't know it too well
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Offline icefishingking89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:14 AM »
if the weather stays cold, it should be about the week of x - mas, maybe the week after. there was plenty of ice and snow last year in January.

Offline wantnwallies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:20 AM »
If the snow stays off it might not be to much longer! Mayville is usually the first to freeze!!!!

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:57 PM »
I'm hoping for Christmas week, I'll be down that way anyhow. The wife might not like it if it's that week though  ;D
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Last year I was on Burtis Bay with 5" of ice on new years eve.  It cold out tonight, just gotta stay cold ;D ;D ;D
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Lets hope its early! I fished Cuba Lake last year on Dec. 24. Had 3'' of clear black ice, and limited out on 11'' calicos.

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:24 PM »
The key will be how much snow it gets after it starts to freeze. We would of had 20 inches last year if the snow hadn't caused the slushfest.

Offline Hunter44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Sooner the better I can't wake :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline hunterdeneugene

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Last night and this morning I drove over the bridge and it is locked up from Bemus Bay to the outlet.  If it stays cold and we don't get alot of snow the next few days, it is supposed to be a high of 17 on Mon and 18 on Tue, I wouldn't be surprised to see guys fishing in Burtis Bay mid week next week.  I'm not in that much of a hurry, but after late muzzleloader season would be cool....

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Denny, let us know if you take a swim!

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'To fish or not to fish' What a stupid question.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Im excited to Ice Fish this year cause spring and summer or fall didnt have much luck  :%$#!:and we usually do pretty well ice fishing  = ] WALTERRRRR HERE I COME  :thumbsup:
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

Offline icekid1891

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Im excited to Ice Fish this year cause spring and summer or fall didnt have much luck  :%$#!:and we usually do pretty well ice fishing  = ] WALTERRRRR HERE I COME  :thumbsup:
do you catch any walters on chautauqua i am trying for them this year any pointers would help

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'To fish or not to fish' What a stupid question.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Im a newbie too ..so i dont have many pointers sorry ...i usually call the bait shop see what people are catching and using  :P and also when i caught my walleye it was at night time  but good luck and stay warm  ;)
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

Offline sfirkbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • who needs a 7ft pole? we have 2ftrs!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Hey guys keep me posted on the ice shape and If you see any guys out there

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Im a newbie too ..so i dont have many pointers sorry ...i usually call the bait shop see what people are catching and using  :P and also when i caught my walleye it was at night time  but good luck and stay warm  ;)

Be careful with that bait shop advice. I find from them that the fish are always biting on what they are selling!!!!   Cya....

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:43 AM »
I need to get my post count up.  I had to sign up as lovetoshoot because something was to messed up to get my other ID to work.  So I'll chime in here on this topic of the bait shops.  For ice conditions and basic fish reports the shops in the area do a great job.  I have never felt pressured into buying what anyone else was using and the safety of true ice reports from the Happy Hooker are a bonus!  Those folks are more interested in the safe return of all their customers than their own profit.  I for one enjoy stopping there even after I'm done fishing.  Dec.27th is looking like my first trip to the Happy Hooker. See you soon Brian and Lisa!

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:53 AM »
I'm planning a mid winter road trip this season and Chautauqua is at the top of the list. Are there any motels/cabins on the lake where a person could just run the snowmobile from the motel to the lake? It would be nice to just hop on and ride out versus trailering it to the lake.

Offline burkley

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bad day fishin' better than good day workin'!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2010, 01:38 PM »
webs is right along lake in good area and snowmobile access. Ice is on now! was there yesterday. not much snow on it because of wind.. temps have been below 17 for 2 days, ice should be good.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:02 PM »
+1 on the Happy Hooker, always treat me well.

I was just looking on reports page and 6-7 in was reported at Burtis. I'll be down that way for Christmas and looking to get out on the 27th....Game on  ;D

Going to be nice to go from the woods straight to the ice!
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline ChautauquaDawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chautauqua ice fishing B.S.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:08 PM »
It would be nice if we could keep the "Who's Going and How's the Ice?"questions in here.  It would be a shame if the Chautauqua Lake Reports and Conditions Thread got locked again because we couldn't follow a few simple rules.

Stay on top everyone........

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 18, 2010, 07:21 PM »
c

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Did someone mention GAME ON !!!  Will go around this week tapping some holes.  Be safe out there everyone.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2010, 11:30 AM »
would have tried mayville but I was alone. fished  burtis water is very dirty slow fishing gonna get back at it in a few. Was hoping to find  someone to come out and explore a bit but no takers. walked out to the end of the ice rink in mayville and the ice was definately  getting thinner, but I bet with a brass set and a spud bar it would be fishable. maybe someone will come through and at least spot me while I check. I do not want to be alone while I check.

Offline Z-Ray

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "love them crappies"
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19, 2010, 04:42 PM »
would have tried mayville but I was alone. fished  burtis water is very dirty slow fishing gonna get back at it in a few. Was hoping to find  someone to come out and explore a bit but no takers. walked out to the end of the ice rink in mayville and the ice was definately  getting thinner, but I bet with a brass set and a spud bar it would be fishable. maybe someone will come through and at least spot me while I check. I do not want to be alone while I check.
Marcus i cant fish till sunday the 26th. My good friend haus & I would like to meet you. If you dont find someone to go with ya by then let me know. My wife bought me a side image for the boat this year . I have a few spots marked on the GPS not to far from shore in mayville. I want to see if the fish are hanging there.
R.E.J.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Z-ray I am always down to fish and I see no reason the ice wont be good by then.  Ended up in Burtis for the afternoon did alright  bluegills couple crappies   nice to be out there someone  had a sled out there today.

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:31 PM »
hey marcus ... havent seen ya post in a while ....looking forward to a few more trips out this year ... hope to see you and the guys some weekend ... got a fresh batch of radiator fluid bottled up  ;)
Where is the ice !!!!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Mike let me know when you plan on coming down any weekend day or night I will be fishing .

Offline icekid1891

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Hey marcus I am willing to go out and wander...where did you find the crappies on burtis?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.