Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Pictures

Ice season done

(1/3) > >>

FreshwaterPhil:
Was hoping to catch the tail end of the season after a short trip to Florida couple weeks ago, but record setting heat wave followed by lots of rain got rid of what little ice we had left. I'll leave you with some shore fishing pics from sunshine state instead...

This was my shortest season in over a decade, only ended up doing 8 ice outings, when I normally reach about 20 or so by the end of March. Mainly due to lack of ice, and busy schedule.

Looking forward to some float tube fishing and carping to end the month. Hope you all have a great open water season, see y'all next fall.

SLAYERFISH:
Nice shark, Dude!  Did ya pet it? ;D

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: SLAYERFISH on Mar 11, 2024, 08:48 PM ---Nice shark, Dude!  Did ya pet it? ;D

--- End quote ---

Ya, but no kiss this time.

backwoodswalker:
Glad you got to do some fishing. It's been done for me for awhile. Ice just too bad. Some lakes wide open. Went to Florida a few times when I was otr. My feet just don't fit that ground. I love winter. Think I will start getting boat ready this weekend. Sunny and 63 right now. Unbelievable
 Steve

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: backwoodswalker on Mar 12, 2024, 03:58 PM ---Glad you got to do some fishing. It's been done for me for awhile. Ice just too bad. Some lakes wide open. Went to Florida a few times when I was otr. My feet just don't fit that ground. I love winter. Think I will start getting boat ready this weekend. Sunny and 63 right now. Unbelievable
 Steve

--- End quote ---

South Florida is great from December to early May. I can't stand intense heat, but when you have so many crazy fishing options in both fresh and saltwater side by side, it's hard to beat. My daughter lives in North Miami beach, so I have a a place to stay within short driving distance of just about all the open water fishing I can think of.

Back to reality here, did a coupe open water outings, one in waders, and another on my float tube today. Some small pike and bass. Hope to get out for some carping next week, possibly troll Champlain for lakers if weather permits and my friend with suitable boat is up to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version