Author Topic: new member/report  (Read 1403 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
new member/report
« on: Dec 11, 2007, 07:44 PM »
This is my first winter up here in the up. I'm going to school at nmu and yes I'm a troll thats originally from GR :D. I've been a member of Michigan-Sportsman for a while but I like this site too because its specifically for ice fishing. We've been out ice fishing since 11/29/07. The ice was great before we got all this snow. We fished a mid sized lake 300-400 acres in the nagaunee area today. The ice was anyhwere from 4-8" thick. Slush was a real problem in many of the areas that havnt refrozen. The fishing was pretty slow and we only caught a few perch. The fish are out there but they're moving a lot. We'd mark them one minute, catch a few, and then lose them for an hour. I did manage to land a nice 13.5" yesterday, thought i might of had a walleye on when I was bringing him up. We caught all the fish on swedish pimples and perch minnows.

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new member/report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2007, 05:48 AM »
any kind of day fishing beats a day ditting in school
da splake chaser

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Cool pics. It really makes me want to get out there.

Offline wick8808

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Hey, If you are ever looking for someone to go fishing with up at school let me know. I have a buddy that goes to NMU who is looking for someone to go with. He's a cool guy.

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:36 PM »
AAAAaaahh I see your fishing Teal Lake there. Some super nice fish there. Big walleye, Big perch amomg a few. Alot of good fishing here compared to Grand Rapids. Welcome to the U.P  Good luck be safe  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.