Author Topic: People are fishing at the head of the bay between Baraga and L'anse  (Read 1269 times)

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Just passed the head of the bay about 430 on Saturday and saw eight or 10 people fishing about 1/4 mile from shore. Watched two guys spudding their way out . The ice looks broken and unsafe near the shore . My wife asked if you have to spud your way out , maybe you shouldn't be out there? But, as I told her, somebody has to be the first, but it will never be me.  Not risking my life for a few fish. Thought maybe someone would find this information important . I'll wait a week or two more for the ice to thicken up.  Hopefully it does.

Offline sunup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Safety first. The fish will wait!
Thanks for the info.  With a SSW wind tonight and WSW tomorrow I will give it some more time before I go.  If the ice stays it won't take long before there wlil be ice past the Mission.

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there was some skim-ice out near the mission also.  The entire surface of the lake was not covered, but large patches of it were.  A few more calm, cold nights and these patches will connect and the ice will get better.  Considering the last two winters, this one is off to a good start.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Thanks for the report. 
Chris Raymond

Offline sodaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
lots of people off Red rocks this morning . People in marina in Lanse and people behind BP in Baraga and people off Squaw beach and off Pump house in Lanse.

Offline TCcrawdad

• IceShanty Rookie
What do they catch in the marina in lanse? Panfish and pike?

Offline sodaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
They are actually out in front of the moth of falls river.. catching splake brown trout coho trout whitefish and lake trout

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
we go there for steelhead and brown trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.