Author Topic: New Baitshop in Marquette?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Baitshop in Marquette?
« on: Nov 23, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Anyone hear anything on this new Mr. Bobber shop (or whatever it's called, something bobber)? It's going in where outlanders used to be next to Young Brake and Alignment.  I heard a rumor it might be opening up tomorrow?
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Baitshop in Marquette?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:09 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/BobberShopLLC/ Found this link on facebook. Going to head down there in a little bit to check it out. Looks like they have all sorts of bait.
-Sro

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2017, 10:21 PM »
Let us know what you find out

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2017, 09:50 AM »
They're definitely just getting going. Not a ton of inventory, but a decent selection of jigs, spoons, jigging raps, etc. A handful of jigging rods. Spearing decoys. Jiffy Augers. LOTS of bait. probably the best selection of bait i've seen anywhere in terms of minnows  sizes/variety. The owner is definitely knowledgeable, and excited.

They were still unpacking boxes when I was there, and still getting everything set up. They were asking everyone that came in what they were looking for or what they might be looking for this coming season. Definitely able and willing to order most anything people would want. I ordered a Clam Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth from them (after hearing yooperdave talk about his, im over due for a lighter/narrow flip shanty). Supposed to be here next week.  I could see this place being an asset though. Easy location to get in and out of and they're open at 6:30am every morning. Which will be great for getting out on the ice before sun up.
-Sro

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Thanks for the info!  We might be stopping by today.  We have been out ice fishing for several days now.  Time to take a break from the recent warm up.  I have an old Frabill 2-Man 6' 4" tall (35 lbs) with built in plastic bottom that slides amazingly well even over deeper snow.  We also have the very large clam when there are more people with us.  I just throw it on a flat bed sleigh we made with skis about 12" from ground.  Still quite heavy.

Offline 1971miner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Also a new baitshop attached to Shell station in West Ishpeming.
If you jig it,they will come..............

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2017, 06:14 PM »
Also a new baitshop attached to Shell station in West Ishpeming.

How is it?
-Sro

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2017, 06:40 AM »
I have stopped there twice now trying too meet the owner to see what kind of bulk deals they can do. I was overall disapointed in the place. The employees were college students with books open doing homework. Neither of them knew anything about fishing or the products they sold or were going to sell. I was told i was gonna get a call back but have not yet. Other than live bait they dont really sell much, they had a small selection of ice fishing stuff and line. Pretty much sold all the same brands as Superior Outfitters. I was told by both employees they were gonna be stocking up throughout the week as they get more gear. The minnows are in the back and are not self serve. You cant acctually see them but they look like really nice water coolers and minnow tanks. They have a large list of bait as well so the selection on minnows seems to be pretty primo. In my two trips there i bought a total of 14 dozen waxworms. Prolly stick to shopoing up the street until they stock the store up more. The place needs a lot of work but it sure has potential and looks like some hard work has been done to get it where its at.It will be interesting too see how the owner progresses this business. I Will be stopping by again in the next couple weeks i am sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.