Author Topic: 11 Mile 16-17 Feb 12  (Read 1329 times)

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
11 Mile 16-17 Feb 12
« on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Needed some alone time to rejuvenate. Took a couple days off and told the wife I was going fishing!. It was a great time to do it. The weather was fantastic. The bite was slower than it's been but still good and no skunkola... that's always a plus from the Mile!

Was on the lake before twilight Thursday and just at light Friday. Still saw some great fish and was able to catch a decent pike.

Both days were beautiful weather wise and today was so warm I was down to a long sleeve shirt. Unfortunately when it got that warm the bite went away. I never saw a fish one after 10:30 today. I should've packed it in after an hour but stayed until 1:30 just waiting for that last wave of fish that never came.

I had a terrible time with batteries. The camera worked fine Thursday but sucked buttermilk today. The Vex battery showed 25% charge but worked fine the whole time I used it. Was very glad that didn't die. My phone died after I sent a text and was ready to throw it in the lake. My pics are all self shots and I have a little mount but couldn't find it so I sat the camera on my backrest of the seat in my hut and and used the self timer. Lucky I got any pics.

Was a great couple of days and gave me time to clear and rejuvenate. I was the only one there both days. Today there were a lot more people but none in the area I've been fishing. I can't wait to get back.

Here are the pics:

Bait thief

Self portrait practice... LOL

Got better!

Perfection!  LOL

One of the flags the fish ran to the bottom, I'm guessing, and this is what I pulled out

Scuds galore!

Here's a short video of it (from Thursday)

A couple pics of the pike from my phone... sorry, they came out horrible!

Some random pics

This is what my vex was on for battery power when I turned it on (25%) Friday morning. Worked all day so I was happy for that.

"B"

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 11 Mile 16-17 Feb 12
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Looks like you had a great time. I miss the pike/trout combo as there are not many pike options in Wyoming.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:42 PM »
So "B", how big was that bag?  ;D Great job on the fish. Hope to see you up there again.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:59 AM »
"B", guess I'm going to have to show you how to use those modern adaptations that come with your electronics. ;)  See, you plug one end into the wall and attach the other end to the electronic and miraculously, the battery is fully charged! ;D

Great report. I'm getting sad thinking March is coming and the end of ice may come sooner than we want. All the more reason to get out as often as possible.

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:01 PM »
So "B", how big was that bag?  ;D

At least a 14er!  LOL

"B"

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Hey you're on the 11-mile fishing report!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Hey you're on the 11-mile fishing report!

Nope, that is coboy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.