Author Topic: "Brownie?"  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
"Brownie?"
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 01:09 PM »
Okay Greenies, A Wyoming fellow is here.... A brownie ;D

I'm interested in some info - A) I live in laramie (go pokes) and I'm wondering if there are any decent lakes near fort collins, or near North I-25 in CO that produce either catfish, perch, crappie, walleye, ect. (Not trout I can catch them up here).

B) My Uncle lives in Aurora and he'd like to get on some fish nearby - Any decent lakes near there?

(This can be hardwater or softwater... )

---------

Appreciate the information.  If you are interested in catching some big trout, Lake Hattie outside Laramie has been producing some 10lb+ fish (rainbows) this year.  Glendo is getting hawt for cats and walleye too.  Just thought I'd share.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: "Brownie?"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:39 PM »
I won't be too sad if nobody can point me in the right direction.  I've never heard of stellar fishing south of the border.  (atleast Northern Colorado).
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:42 PM »
You could hit Douglas, or boyd. Go Rams  :P
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline IcedODA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Aurora Res. can be ok sometimes. Douglas has Perch, Gills, 'Bows, Catfish, Wiper, Carp. There are a ton of lakes in the area from Aurora to Wyoming.

Offline The Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • High Country Lakes in Colorado
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 05:29 PM »
This year we've had thick ice even "down low" on the Front Range, but as things thaw, be careful!
I usually leave the "low" stuff alone and head to higher elevations where the fishing tends to be better anyway.

Good luck Cowboy!

Bite Fish Bite! Bite Fish Bite!  Pappa sez you have to, Momma sez you might!

Offline wyowind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Your selling us out moose

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2010, 03:25 AM »
 If they come up and buy out of state licenses then more $$$ into our fish and game.  Win win.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline wyowind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Your correct LOL. Around Aurora try Chatfield, Cherry Creek and Auroa lake. All a little crowded but you can fish. Off I-25 The only suggestion would be Horsetooth for Small mouth, Walleye and Saugeye.  :)

Offline Diesel984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Used to be nice when you COULD fish Seeley right outside of Greeley...That lake has some Killer Wiper in it!

I Fish Douglas a LOT, Had good luck up there for the past couple times we went up...Havent gone since it got warmer though...I'll be heading to Cherry Creek (groans) on Sunday with my Step Dad...he's NEVER been fishing and he grew up in Texas...Pretty Close to several BIG TIME bass lakes! Sad Sad day...

I Fish the river coming out of Estes a lot too...Several GREAT spots to hit along the drive up...Here's a couple pix...

The First is a 20" 'bow I pulled out of Douglas in about 10 FOW, The Second is a GEORGOUS Rainbow out of the river, Just shy of the Damn ;)
Nate

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.