New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 414648 times)

Offline hunterkenyon1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #1560 on: Mar 11, 2015, 06:44 PM »
How's the ice out of longpoint? Any slush ? Think it will still be safe to get out this Saturday out of longpoint 

Offline Bigfishbuffny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1561 on: Mar 11, 2015, 06:59 PM »
I was wondering the same about mayville on Saturday.  Do you think there will be safe ice?

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1562 on: Mar 11, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Ok guys, I'm not looking for your hot spot just some info. Never fished Chautauqua before. I'm coming in from I90 looking for a spot to fish with a short walk (bad knees). If anyone can point me in a good direction that would be great. Mayville, Pendergast, Longpoint? Bait Hogans hut? Pm me if you have info for me. Thank you. :icefish:
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #1563 on: Mar 11, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Ok guys, I'm not looking for your hot spot just some info. Never fished Chautauqua before. I'm coming in from I90 looking for a spot to fish with a short walk (bad knees). If anyone can point me in a good direction that would be great. Mayville, Pendergast, Longpoint? Bait Hogans hut? Pm me if you have info for me. Thank you. :icefish:
What are you looking to fish for?? For a short walk for perch, I'd say Mayville or bells tower is best bet.. hogan hut for bait!

Offline NY_labman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1564 on: Mar 11, 2015, 07:55 PM »
If you're looking for emeralds, I would call Hogan's Hut ahead of time.  2 days ago all they had were pike bait golden shiners.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1565 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Fishinjohn, I would love to get into the perch, but I'd take some gills. Where's Bell tower?

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #1566 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Whats the parking like for all these other areas listed? I've been to Long point and Prendergast but that's it. They all have parking lots and a boat launch

Offline Rox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1567 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:23 AM »
long point fished it Wednesday after noon,sun was out,short walk, ice was good, plenty of parking, fish are there, work didn't call!

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #1568 on: Mar 12, 2015, 03:47 AM »
Fishinjohn, I would love to get into the perch, but I'd take some gills. Where's Bell tower?
Pm sent

Offline hunterkenyon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1569 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:56 AM »
anyone fishing longpoint or mayville saturday morning i can meet up with and fish with  i have all my own gear hut auger etc just dont wanna go out alone 

Offline Stryder444

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just a man and his ice rod (& hut, aug, vex, quad)
« Reply #1570 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:11 AM »
We3jeepers,

You have parking and access in Long Point and Prendergast (as you know) as well as Mayville, Lakewood and Bemus Point.  I can't speak for Bemus, but the rest have room to park and a trail onto the lake.
If my advice sounds good, you probably need more practice.

Offline Stryder444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1571 on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Hogan's Hut is out of emeralds until April.  They have Fatheads and Golden shiners left.

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #1572 on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:41 AM »
I'm sure I will be able to get them here in Warren @)

Offline Stryder444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1573 on: Mar 12, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Make sure to bring enough for everybody! 

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1574 on: Mar 12, 2015, 12:49 PM »

Vickings club right up the road from long point easy walk only a couple hundred yard and ur in 35-40 fow my wife and I damn near limited out after 3 hours all 8-10 inches a lot less throw back s this year was a little slushy though temps haven't dropped overnight. We hope to get out one more time Saturday anyone reading out tomorrow please update reports I would hate to drive 2 hours to be unable to get out there

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1575 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:09 PM »
^^^ make sure to stop in a grab a beer or something to eat while at the Vikings! They are nice enough to let us park there, doesn't hurt to patronize their business!
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1576 on: Mar 12, 2015, 03:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me what exit to get off of I 90 for Mayville?

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #1577 on: Mar 12, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Can anyone tell me what exit to get off of I 90 for Mayville?

Westfield. Take a left when you exit and that drops you right into Mayville. I believe the route is 394.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline rd9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1578 on: Mar 12, 2015, 04:40 PM »
We have a couple weeks of safe ice yet. Mayville really turns on late in the year when creeks start flowing.

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #1579 on: Mar 13, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Heading out on Saturday.... hoping to get on the ice earlier then we have been! Going to be stopping at Schuyler's Country Kitchen
 Which is at 4477 W Fairmount Ave inLakewood its close to the 394/474 intersection and has great breakfast!

BTW where do you guys go (what forum) during soft water season?

Offline Stryder444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1580 on: Mar 13, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Fishing out of Long Point tonight through Sunday.  I'll post report on Monday.  Good Luck, everyone.

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1581 on: Mar 13, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Heading out on Saturday.... hoping to get on the ice earlier then we have been! Going to be stopping at Schuyler's Country Kitchen
 Which is at 4477 W Fairmount Ave inLakewood its close to the 394/474 intersection and has great breakfast!

BTW where do you guys go (what forum) during soft water season?
Myfishfinder
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #1582 on: Mar 13, 2015, 11:47 AM »
anyone going to long point Saturday.... It will be me with a camo hat and all black carhart's and my woman will be with me in pink bibs and camo coat. Jiffy propane auger and a blue killzone hut. We will each have a jetsled jr.  stop by and say hi if its not pouring

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1583 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:48 PM »

Mayville at the Northwest end is your best bet for perch and gills in the same spot.  Pendergast - South shore, Midway Park and Longpoint on North shore for perch has been good all year.  Did well at Pendergast on Sat 3/7 and Wednesday 3/11 in deep water.

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1584 on: Mar 13, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Any one fish vickings midway or lp today looking to drive up in the am don't wanna drive 2 hours and not be able to get out

Offline spindiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1585 on: Mar 13, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Hello fished at long pt  today 7 till noon with two buddys killed them early slowed later on jiggin rap perch color with an eye worked well fish very in size as normal my budzgot them on small min they got tight liped had to get them to chase the rap six ft before that would hit 32ft of water hundred yards orso off shore .the ice still thick but not real hard my auger chews it up has to be millions of perch down below seenlots on the vex

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1586 on: Mar 13, 2015, 08:20 PM »
Yeah I just bought the vexilar fl 20 with the camera combo man it was soo cool I wish I could post a video thing was lit up like a Christmas tree and the camera is crystal clear can't wait to get out there and use it again

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1587 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Another half day at the Vikings 4 more limits even my wife's blind uncle caught 50 keepers lol all 8-10 couple close to 11 had a blast with the camera absolutly no snow once u get 25-50 yards out only about a couple inches of water which if gets cold like it's supposed to could give us a phew more good weeks. Good luck guys fish on!!

Offline hunterkenyon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1588 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:41 PM »
 I had my atv on ice today. No issues. Caught perch in morning in 32 fow from 7 til 10 ish then they moved. Went to 60 feet caught a few. Then moved to 40 feet and non stop action. As soon as u hit bottom fish on. Didn't matter what u had on for bait. Artifical or live. 2 guys. Limited out by 2. Was a great day.

Offline jakemanges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1589 on: Mar 14, 2015, 07:51 PM »
anybody have luck out of longpoint today? plan on fishing it tommorow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.