New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 414783 times)

Offline buffalo bob

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #990 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:48 AM »
Skip at Hogans Hut, thanks for putting us on fish Saturday. I will be back down next weekend and show you pictures.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #991 on: Jan 26, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Hey guys need a favor from some chautauqua locals. I fished the pro-am tourney and when got home noticed my trailer plate was missing. We parked all 3 days at pendergrast point so if anyone finds a NY plate please let me know thank you in advance for the help.

Offline FraBilKil

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't call me Zorro when I'm ice fishing!
« Reply #992 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Fished small water Chautauqua Co. Caught 63 crappie. 4 keepers plus 1 bluegill. I needed to move and reposition, but it was too cold to do.  Minnows from Skip @ Hogan's hut were the ticket. They hit a Custom Jigs & Spins Striper Special extremely light.
Practice Selective Harvest - Catch & Release to sustain our fisheries. 🔃

Offline icenut_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #993 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:32 PM »
anyone know how much snow is on the lake as of today?

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #994 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:36 PM »
up to 4 to 6 inches at burtis with some bare spots
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #995 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Drifts were I've a foot on north side of lp

Offline floatafly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #996 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Fished out of Mayville this morning. Lake was covered with packed and fresh snow making it a tough drag. Fishing was non stop action, perch and gills. No crappie where we were. Too cold and tough to move around today. Would like to thank a gentle man by the name of John for coming with his 4 wheeler and hauling us back to the parking lot after seeing us struggle back to shore. Maybe he's a ice shanty member. Thanks again john!

Offline SteelieWheelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #997 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:05 PM »
I fished Mayville from dawn until dusk today. The snow was a real pain in the arse but we ended up with some nice perch and gills. non-stop action all day long and even a couple crappies after dark!

Offline googan7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #998 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:12 PM »
I catch more walleye in the summer bass fishing than I do trying to get em on hard water

Offline pikeHunter10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #999 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Anyone been fishing out of long point, just curious how the perch action has been out there?

Offline stingdave9119

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1000 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:52 AM »
was there on monday in about 45fow. very finicky bight most were 6-8inches nothing really bigger than that but tons of rockbass in the 3-5inch mark. Morning fish were very aggressive and about noon they wanted almost 0 action of the jig.

Offline dugan1271

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1001 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:30 AM »
Where can you park in Mayville? Never fished the lake in winter and really only know Prendergast and Long Point launches we use in summer. Thanks

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1002 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:03 PM »
across from kwikfill on 394 and jst a bit further down the lake by the steamboat at the town park there is ample parking.

Offline johnnybobnibbler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1003 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Fished out of Mayville this morning. Lake was covered with packed and fresh snow making it a tough drag. Fishing was non stop action, perch and gills. No crappie where we were. Too cold and tough to move around today. Would like to thank a gentle man by the name of John for coming with his 4 wheeler and hauling us back to the parking lot after seeing us struggle back to shore. Maybe he's a ice shanty member. Thanks again john!
  Were you with Jonnybobnibbler? Hes a legend in these parts

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #1004 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Posted in r&c but placing here as well..

Seen this on Holiday Harbor facebook page...pretty sweet pic!

Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline kevinxx801

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1005 on: Jan 29, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Anyone been out the past couple of days? Probably heading out tomorrow morning. Mayville sounds like it has been the best bet recently.

Offline JHNMCGGH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1006 on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Ok, newbie to chautauqua,handicapped cant walk unassisted. So will be on my polaris ranger 500. Take it the ice is thick enough to support the utv and a out of shape 60 yr old . Also coming with a few other Older guys new to ice fishing. Looking for a good starting area.  Area with reputation of holding fish.  Not looking for your secret hot spots,just a good start area and parrell parking lot. Were heading out blind, and were by the run and gun phase of finding fish. Just to much stuff to pack up and getting around with walker on ice isnt the most secure footing. Will be there 2days 14&15. Will post both days whether successful or not, location, depth, presentation used and totals.  From Rochester area, grew up in south buffalo. Would like to get to chaut at least once a year. If you feel comfortable helping some older guys out drop a line.
Tightlines
JM

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #1007 on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Panfish we did well in Mayville
Just enjoying life

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1008 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Put fresh blades on the auger. Ice is over a foot thick now.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1009 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I'm staying at Mangolia's by this Friday and Saturday night. Wondering if there is a bait shop nearby? also, are there any kids in the area looking to drag a hut onto the ice for a few bucks. By hand or machine, don't matter to me.I had surgery a month ago and really aren't suppose to be dragging or pulling anything around yet but I can't wait any longer. Gotta get out, haven't gone out at all yet. If not, I just take it slow and steady. Thanks

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1010 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:24 PM »
weres the little mule glenny?

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #1011 on: Jan 29, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Fished small water Chautauqua Co. Caught 63 crappie. 4 keepers plus 1 bluegill. I needed to move and reposition, but it was too cold to do.  Minnows from Skip @ Hogan's hut were the ticket. They hit a Custom Jigs & Spins Striper Special extremely light.
.....was the postmaster with you?
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Imfishking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1012 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Where can you park to fish burtis bay? Only have ever been to long point on hard water. thanks

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1013 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Just find the Lakewood Rod and Gun Club and go about 200 yards south. Make sure you park in the bigger lot across the road.
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline FraBilKil

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't call me Zorro when I'm ice fishing!
« Reply #1014 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:35 PM »
.....was the postmaster with you?
Hunters08,
Yes, the Postmaster was fishing with me. He had to leave for an hour to pick up his wife who's helping an elderly lady who fell & broke her arm.  He kept a couple crappie for her to sample some fresh fried fish. Lots of action, few keepers.
Practice Selective Harvest - Catch & Release to sustain our fisheries. 🔃

Offline sweedish pimple

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1015 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:00 AM »
I will be coming down tomorrow for the first time this year. i am bringing my little boy and two little cousins. looking to get them on some fish and keep them interested any ideas would be great. Thinking of heading out of mayville from what i am hearing the panfishing seems to be best outta there. Also i know its been pretty cold and would it be ok to bring the snowmobile down. have alot of guys been traveling on the ice with them and is there enough snow on the ice to get traction without studs on the track. I appreciate any reply.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1016 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:13 AM »
mayville would be your best bet.  Ice is crazy thick with a few inches of packed snow on top.  sled will be fine 

Offline sweedish pimple

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1017 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:37 AM »
thank you for the help game hog. i was outta long point last year did ok. i know that it drops off to about 41' outta there. any good reports from there lately.

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #1018 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:15 AM »
 :-\  Is johnnybonibbler the famed brown trout Burt Dam fisherman from western NY?

Offline broa0226

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1019 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:39 PM »
Fished Mayville yesterday ice in the few places I moved around to was 10 to 12 in.  Fish were biting all day the perch and gills were close to the bottom didn't pick any up  higher in the water column.  Had to weed through the small fish but eventually caught a bunch of keepers, it would be a perfect thing to keep the little ones interested all day. You won't have any problem having a sled without picks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.