New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 414701 times)

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' - it's what I useta do! "A LOT"
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #210 on: Jan 05, 2013, 02:01 PM »
… must be the camera only takes a shot, every few hours (who knows how often) … the last shot, still showing now, as this is being posted – was 11:15 this morning!
***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Have No Problem With The Freezing Temps
Useta Catch a Lot of Fish
Useta Get Out No Matter What
Useta Blaze The Trail
Useta Cook / Eat Fish Once a Week
Useta Be a Regular Out There
*Still Fish Now and Then, But - Nothing Like I USETA *

Fishing, It's been like robbing banks for 40 years, and getting away with it - now's that time when I give it "ALL" back! - it's very redeeming!

Offline JOHN044

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #211 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Heeeeeeeeey C to the Bisket.!!!!!  Havent seen you in a while.  Did you make it out today? If not why?  We'll be out soon if the rain holds off next week..I can smell it!

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #212 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:26 PM »
anybody got any reports on the condition at miller bell tower ? need info ASAP! i would greatly appreciate it   ;D

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #213 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:03 PM »
The tower cam shows the far right side of the bay.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline nooffseason

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #214 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Still has open water at Mayville. Only 2 1/2" of ice near the little inlet.

Offline Jayboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #215 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:30 AM »
Web cam burtis shows 2 guys out there at 730 am today how thick is ice
Thanks

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #216 on: Jan 06, 2013, 02:12 PM »
still looking for that report on miller bell tower, anybody got info ? i old appreciate it , my 13 year old son is more eager to get out than i am , and keeps asking me when we will, im not afraid to bring him onto 3" of black with some frozen snow on top, so i would really appreciate any info on the miller bell tower , thanks guys.  ??? and i hope the ice holds up this week , curse you mother nature  :'(

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #217 on: Jan 06, 2013, 02:15 PM »
… must be the camera only takes a shot, every few hours (who knows how often) … the last shot, still showing now, as this is being posted – was 11:15 this morning!

Somtimes, if you hit the F5 key, it refreshes the web cam causing it to update its picture.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

luv2fish2

« Reply #218 on: Jan 06, 2013, 02:34 PM »
still looking for that report on miller bell tower, anybody got info ? i old appreciate it , my 13 year old son is more eager to get out than i am , and keeps asking me when we will, im not afraid to bring him onto 3" of black with some frozen snow on top, so i would really appreciate any info on the miller bell tower , thanks guys.  ??? and i hope the ice holds up this week , curse you mother nature  :'(
i'm not thinking your gonna go fishing any time soon then ice is gonna get only worse with warm temps

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #219 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Somtimes, if you hit the F5 key, it refreshes the web cam causing it to update its picture.

... thanks -- it works!
***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Blaze The Trail

Fishing, It's been like robbing banks for 40 years, and getting away with it - now's that time when I give it "ALL" back! - it's very redeeming!

Offline dtrain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #220 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:36 PM »
bell tower and north end are still open water. Gonna be lil  while yet

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #221 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:49 AM »
I fished a full day on Saturday.  Kept moving around and drilling holes, but I did manage to bring home 22 bluegills and a couple of perch.  The best bite was between 3:30 and 5:00.  There are not many active gills right now and they seem to be very spotty.  The smaller the teardrop, the better the bite.  Perch are there also, but are very small.  Ice was consistent at 3 inches all across Burtis. :)

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #222 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Fished Sunday morning until noon at Burtis.  Went back to the spot where I picked up the majority of the gills on Saturday.  Once again the bite was slow.  Caught 11 gills and many small perch.  The gill bite was very lite.  Go tiny when it comes to the teardrops.  As long as the ice holds,  someone will eventually find a bigger school of fish.  Hope to get on Maple Springs soon.

Offline shantymaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #223 on: Jan 08, 2013, 06:29 PM »
with high winds tomorrow and next weeks warm temperatures will be disaster for the ice :(

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #224 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:57 PM »
The Burtis webcam looked really bad today, it appeared to fall apart as the day went on.  Just keep our fingers crossed.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:04 PM »
My friend who was in greenhurst, not fishing, said there were guys at Burtis all day. I am going down tomorrow morning sure hoping to fish.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #226 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:00 PM »
yeah this sucks! need a deep freeeezzzeeeeee
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #227 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:53 PM »
The long range is looking good.  Weekend will be tough, but next week...great.  My waxies all went belly up, but the spikes are happy.  At least I got on the creek today with the fly rod.  Any fishing is a good day!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #228 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Fished south end of the lake ice was nice 5" 3" of that black ice and the other 2 was rock hard, but white. nice day to be out tons of little perch 2 of us 150+ we took 40 home. I'll admit I wasn't too picky on size wanted a fish fry and I assume with the numbers we caught we are not gonna hurt the population of dinks in this lake. Probably gonna head down in the morning again got to get on the ice while the getting is good.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #229 on: Jan 11, 2013, 01:19 AM »
Fished south end of the lake ice was nice 5" 3" of that black ice and the other 2 was rock hard, but white. nice day to be out tons of little perch 2 of us 150+ we took 40 home. I'll admit I wasn't too picky on size wanted a fish fry and I assume with the numbers we caught we are not gonna hurt the population of dinks in this lake. Probably gonna head down in the morning again got to get on the ice while the getting is good.
yum, perch are delicious no matter how big
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #230 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:36 AM »
Where did you access the ice?
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline tkeya49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #231 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I'm in the process of renovating a house on Ashville Bay, been down there plenty during the cold snap earlier but never felt safe enough to get out.

I believe that the predicted cold snap immediately after this warm spell should bring us some good ice finally!  Lord knows everyone is itching bad due to last years horrible warm season! 

Stay safe guys!

Offline shantymaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #232 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:59 AM »
with temps falling tomorrow and hopefully staying cold,whats your guess when we can fish? I know alot depends on how much ice is left after this thaw.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #233 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:05 AM »
yum, perch are delicious no matter how big
yes they were  ;D   My kids almost ate it all before I finished cooking it though, they were actually upset I wasn't out yesterday catching us another fry. Be back at it Tues. or Wed I guess we'll see. I was gonna take a look with my mustang suit this morning , but the wife put a quick end to that thought.

Offline hammer44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #234 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:11 AM »
  hey marcus   once i  finally get me a bucket of them Chat. ringbacks  this year i hope  LOL. how the best way to prepare them?    any  special recipe  u prefer?

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #235 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:16 AM »
yes they were  ;D   My kids almost ate it all before I finished cooking it though, they were actually upset I wasn't out yesterday catching us another fry. Be back at it Tues. or Wed I guess we'll see. I was gonna take a look with my mustang suit this morning , but the wife put a quick end to that thought.
lol, that's how it is with my family when im at my parents. I always end up cooking the fish and there are 10 people and it goes pretty quick. I basically have to put some on a plate for myself and tell my brothers that i will cut off their fingers if they touch my fish

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #236 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:18 AM »
  hey marcus   once i  finally get me a bucket of them Chat. ringbacks  this year i hope  LOL. how the best way to prepare them?    any  special recipe  u prefer?
Dipped in egg and then rolled in Italian breadcrumbs is a great way to do them

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #237 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:21 AM »
I skip the egg, but I like the Italian breadcrumbs and also some lemon pepper seasoning fried in oil or no crumbs in real butter...damn now I am hungry.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #238 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:37 AM »
same here man now i want some fried perch  >:( >:( dang warm weather, oh well, cold is on its way then we shall get back after them

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #239 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:44 AM »
I switched from the Italian bread crumb gig (with egg wash first) to using Bisquick about 3/4's of the time now - just mix as is says on the box, and add what ever spices desired in the batter (pepper, garlic powder, little cayenne pepper, dried parley) -- cook in 350+'sh deg. canola oil (use a high smoke point oil, and it's gotta be hot with a batter coating, or it becomes a nasty blob) -- really a decent change from the traditional crumb coating -- it's almost as good as using a deep fryer - and a lot easier than cleaning the deep fryer after -- I only brake-out the fryer for the big batches now -- it's a worth a try -- you can't hardly mess it up, as long as your Temps. high.!

***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Blaze The Trail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.