Author Topic: anyone tried RedHeadŽ Glacier Pac Boots for Men?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Thor Hammer

• IceShanty Rookie
anyone tried RedHeadŽ Glacier Pac Boots for Men?
« on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:54 PM »
was looking into getting some white mickeys...but i stumbled upon these and wondered if anyone had an opinion on them..

should i stick with the mickeys?

Offline Thor Hammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: anyone tried RedHeadŽ Glacier Pac Boots for Men?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:53 PM »
my normal work boots are 10s..normal shoes are 10.5s...should i get 10s..or wear 4 pair of socks and get 11s

my waders from redhead are 10s and i can wear 2pair thicker socks in them

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2010, 02:35 AM »
they seem to be a great deal right now.  My Bro-in-law just found out his boots are leaking and i know he's gettin at least hundgy in BPS giftcards for x-mas.  So I searched BPS WS today and saw they are on sale for $79.99.   Look like good boots, also the liner is removeable which is a good thing to dry out the foot sweat.  I say go for it.  As far as the size,  they make good socks nowadays that you should only have to wear one pair with a good pair of boots, I have under armours they are light and real warm, can't even leave them on in the house.   So I would say go with your normal shoe size or a half size up if no half sizes, and pick up a couple of pairs of good modern socks and you shold be good,  but best thing would be to go to the store and walk around in a pair if that is a option........  I really think these on-line retailers should put in a length conversion to be more accurate, like measure your foot fromm toe to heal and see how that would work......crocs does it why can't they????
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:15 AM »
Sox cause cold feet. I go barefoot in felt lined boots. But Mucks are the best I ever saw. I own 2 pair of Mickey's.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.