Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1691525 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #6000 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Was that 20 off $100 in the mail or email? Family member usually gets one and passes it on to me but I never seen to get them  ???  Have a $100 order ready to pull the trigger on, might have to wait and see if one pops up.

It was a coupon inside the Pre-Black Friday mailer they sent. It has a unique code I believe. It is tied to your membership number. Even if you don't have their credit card (I  don't), I'd say make sure you get yourself an account as they sent these out last year too and they work on sale and clearance....basically a $20 off $100....doesn't matter how you get to the $100....works in store and online. I believe last year they sent another one later towards Christmas

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6001 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Also $125 is a great price. I think the 6" ones were $135 at the Blaine hardwater expo

Yeah, I've been hearing of people getting the 8" for $159, but without it being online or on paper there is no way to do a price match with cabela's to stack the deal. I'd prefer not spending new $ given the stack of cabela's gift cards....but deal is a deal ;D

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6002 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:16 AM »
It was a coupon inside the Pre-Black Friday mailer they sent. It has a unique code I believe. It is tied to your membership number. Even if you don't have their credit card (I  don't), I'd say make sure you get yourself an account as they sent these out last year too and they work on sale and clearance....basically a $20 off $100....doesn't matter how you get to the $100....works in store and online. I believe last year they sent another one later towards Christmas

Awesome,  thanks. maybe it got missed in the flyer.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6003 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:47 AM »
Cabelas is offering another sale on gift cards, Nov 29 - Dec 1. Listed at 10%, but you may get lucky and find the right combination of denomination and quantity to get 20% like mboss13 did with the last gift card sale they had.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Big Buddy $89.99 Northern Tool
« Reply #6004 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Thanks for sharing, that is a great price.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6005 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Runnings has the 8" ION for $379

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6006 on: Nov 20, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Cabelas is offering another sale on gift cards, Nov 29 - Dec 1. Listed at 10%, but you may get lucky and find the right combination of denomination and quantity to get 20% like mboss13 did with the last gift card sale they had.

Awesome...hopefully that's the case

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6008 on: Nov 20, 2019, 03:32 PM »

Not a good deal, unless you're stocked on some 20% off gift cards with them....those trekker bibs are $99 at Frank's right now, no coupon needed.

Wow that is a good deal. I forgot about Franks. I bought a bunch of Flicker Shad that were dang cheap from there last summer.

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6010 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:00 PM »
I just received my Trekker bibs today.  I am 5'6" 170lbs, 34" waist, 29 inseam. Guts a little big at 40", lol, thanks Bud.  They  fit good with a sweatshirt on.  Legs adjusted perfect fit, didn't try boots on yet but all they way up, about 6" seems good.  Seem well made, especially considering the junky bibs I had.  But these junk bibs kept me warm snowmobiling in the UP of MI on some wicked cold days, -15 once, -30 windchill and riding 60MPH at times.  I would say the thermal thickness is about the same as the old bibs that do not have thermal fabric.  I think they will be good.  There is definitely enough room from the waist down to layer.  Just bought a thermal shanty anyways so no worries.  Not as stiff as I was expecting.  Good luck!

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6011 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:03 PM »
and I ordered these a week and a half ago from Franks, waited for the new stock.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6012 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:19 PM »
Mcmich, what size did you get? I am 6' 190 and ordered a medium because I didnt want to be swimming in them, but maybe I should've gone with a large.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6013 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:25 PM »
Thinking hard about pulling the trigger on those trekker bibs. Probably get a pair for me and my dad and have Christmas taken care of. I’m 6’1” 220 and dad is 5’ 10” probably 250. Anybody have any insight? Thinking xl for me and 2xl for dad.

Or wait and try to find one of the warmer pairs for a great deal on Black Friday.... hmmmmmm TOUGH DECISIONS!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6014 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:29 PM »
I got the trekker bibs last week. Ordered them on Monday got them on Friday right before I was leaving to icefish. I have the Guardian bibs from striker, they have worked well but they're starting to wear and have a bunch of holes, they aren't as thick material. In terms of warmth the guardians were always warm enough for me even in Wyoming below zero weather with 30 mile per hour winds. the trekkers are great. I don't need all the insulation of the predators with the climate, but it has the same denier fabric as those. I'm very happy with them. i got a large, I'm 5'8 200, I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable in a medium. With adjustable length, they fit great everywhere

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6015 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Thank you waterlike! Neither me or my dad have ever had a designated pair of ice fishing bibs. We’ve always just got by, usually my bibs aren’t even waterproof which really sucks kneeling down and drilling holes. I would also love to have the floatation, along with him obviously.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6016 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Yeah I do a lot of dumb stuff so I need the floatation ;D as you saw in the W 3 thread. My guardians were starting to not be waterproof and that sucked. On Saturday in my trekker suit, there  was a pressure Ridge that had opened up water and started get white caps from the wind. It started blowing water on the ice, we were 150 yards from open water when we started, and it took about 2 minutes of white caps and there was one to 2 inches of water on the ice where we were 150 yards away. But the trekkers held up great while we frantically gathered up our gear and hut, and I didn't get wet at all ;D moved again and was completely dry and warm

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6017 on: Nov 20, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Sorry forgot the most important part, bought the mediums.  Slightly tight in the gut but I think they will loosen up.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6018 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Thanks to all the people helping with sizing. One more question for the trekkers. Are the pockets velcro or magnet

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6019 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Thanks to all the people helping with sizing. One more question for the trekkers. Are the pockets velcro or magnet

velcro and snap buttons. the hand warmer pockets have hand size slits with fleece inside

Offline anv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6020 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:29 PM »
I ordered the predator's but all models were on sale at Frank's Great Outdoors. You have to call in the order as it is an unadvertised sale and its not seen on their website either. Kind of an odd deal but I've put in two orders and they are VERY nice people. Never heard of them until this deal i came across but will definitely do business with them in the future. Predators were $149, climate $199. Plus you get a free pair of striker gloves. Shipping was $10 for first pair, $5 for the second pair. I probably should have ordered another pair or two for backup before posting this as I'm sure they will go fast now. haha.

Last week I saw jwetovick's post about Climate being $199 at Frank's Great Outdoors. I was going to buy it but I wanted to wait until Blaine's Hardwater's Ice show deals. It was cheaper at Frank 's even with shipping so I bought 2 Climate Bibs. I got 2 free Striker Rigging Softshell Gloves too!

Today the Climate Bibs arrived:

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6021 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:16 AM »
called franks and pulled the trigger on the predator bibs, still 149.99 with free pair of rigging gloves. So many positive reviews about these bibs that's why I went with them. Im 5'10" 190, went with the large. The staff were great and I would order from them again.

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6022 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:20 AM »
called franks and pulled the trigger on the predator bibs, still 149.99 with free pair of rigging gloves. So many positive reviews about these bibs that's why I went with them. Im 5'10" 190, went with the large. The staff were great and I would order from them again.

Nice pick up, those might be a little large on you but give them a try
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6023 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Cabela's has extra 10% off everything with free shipping after $25 if you have their credit card. I believe I read you can use gift cards, just have to be cc member.

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6024 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Cabelas has quantum hot sauce reel lube and grease for 5.88 on sale.
Additional 10% off today if your a card holder.
Add some cash back using junky.

https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=hot+sauce&CQ_zstype=SAYT

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6025 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:41 AM »

The fit should be fine ...even with layers ..when I bought my Predator in size large I was  5'10" 195-200+lbs ..was able to get a a thick hoodie and a fleece vest into the bibs ..that's my usual goto attire on most days ..if the temps really drops or wind picks up or constant then I will add my Predator jacket. Good Luck with your purchase.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6026 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:42 AM »

aacosta - With Franks, do you have to call to get the special pricing? Their site shows full price even if I log in with their "Quality Matters Club" login.  Thanks.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6027 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Yes just call them, they are very helpful and it only took a few minutes

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6028 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:51 AM »
We hit over 200 pages! Good work people. Lol
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6029 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:57 AM »
Not sure how good of deal it is but Eskimo has the quickfish2I for $199 Shipped! They call it pre-black Friday sale.

https://www.geteskimo.com/Product/quickfish-2i-11748?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tcw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.