Author Topic: South Idaho Ice  (Read 1227 times)

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
South Idaho Ice
« on: Dec 14, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Temps are right there. Cold nights and at least not much above freezing during the day. Has anyone been out around any of the lakes around Preston, Magic Res, or Salmon Falls? I would imagine there is at least some skimming occurring in areas overnight. Hopefully we can see things lock up soon. 10-day forecast for Preston, and most areas, shows highs in the low 20's and upper teens late next week with lows in the single digits. We will definitely be making ice then. I'm taking the first week of the new year off work (2-5) and am planning to hit Twin Lakes Friday and Saturday that week. Hoping I can get onto Magic and/or Salmon Falls that week too.

I do know that Mackay has been trying to skim over. Had coworkers going up there everyday last week and through Tuesday this week taking fish to our other hatchery there. Said there was spots of ice on the lake but not much.

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: South Idaho Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Thanks for the update on Mackay. Weston has 5" Johnson is sitting at 3" averaged.

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Good to hear that some lakes are locked up.  Temps should keep it around at the least and maybe slowly add more. If the forecast holds should be plenty of ice in that area by shortly after christmas. Let us know if you check anything else.

I'll try to get another update on mackay as soon as i can.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Thanks for the update on Mackay. Weston has 5" Johnson is sitting at 3" averaged.

Thanks, Irish. You sure get around.  Please remember to post on the the R&C board also.   ;D ;)
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.