Author Topic: Spring Bobbers?  (Read 1550 times)

Offline newbie on the ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Spring Bobbers?
« on: Oct 31, 2017, 12:08 AM »
Do you use Spring Bobbers?  Do they make a noticeable difference in your catch rate?  What type and brand do you recommend?  I have never used them and want to try them this season.  Thanks for your input and advice.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Spring Bobbers?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Yes I use a spring bobber, my favorite ones are the Ice Strong and Fiskas. They are very helpful on lite bites in deeper waters. Also on crappies on the up bite.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2017, 07:40 AM »
I've always used an UL with a spring bobber tip because I don't feel like an UL is sensitive enough. I just bought a noodle so we'll see if that is good enough to replace the spring bobber.

I don't mind the spring bobber that comes standard on the st. Croix legend rods, but those as specific for St. Croix.

My favorite spring bobber has been the Frabill titanium. It is easy to adjust based on the weight of the lure and the eye is wide enough that it doesn't ice up on me which is my biggest complaint about most spring bobbers..

https://www.thereelshot.com/products/frabill-titanium-spring-bobber?utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping-feed&utm_term=Home&utm_source=googleShopping+%28via+Shopping+Feed%29
Da Pack!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:12 AM »
another vote for frabill titanium!

some thing more to point out is that they fully retract for transportation and storage and adjust for different weight jigs and smaller spoons. and until you get enough of them, they are easy to move from rod to another.

if you can, try to find them when they are on sale.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:21 AM »
another vote for frabill titanium!

some thing more to point out is that they fully retract for transportation and storage and adjust for different weight jigs and smaller spoons. and until you get enough of them, they are easy to move from rod to another.

if you can, try to find them when they are on sale.

Anywhere in particular that you find them on sale? I haven't been able to, I always end up paying full price at Scheels and somehow seem to lose at least one from year to year  ???
Da Pack!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:49 AM »
i bought them on amazon for 3$ each.
try adding them to your wish list on amazon and then use their app on your phone and they send you sales on your wish list thru the app.

otherwise black friday/cyber week deals in about 3 weeks to watch for. and get on emails for sites that sell what you want to find their sales like 30% today only types of sales. that's what amazon has every day with their flash sales.
i like bogo (buy one get one) sales too.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2017, 10:40 PM »
i've tried them for a while, but i don't run them anymore. i know a few guys who run spring bobbers almost exclusively and do very well with them, but they don't play well with my style of fishing, which relies on being able to feel the jig or lure and what it's doing. i use high-vis line, so a lot of those super-light crappie bites get noticed by seeing the line jump, move, or go slack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.