The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Ion with the 10 inch auger  (Read 5644 times)

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ion with the 10 inch auger
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2014, 02:36 PM »
I am a little confused about the # of holes per inch since even with the coldest winter in a long time I didn't see anywhere near 18" and I fished 39 times all over Ma and CT. Seems like 40 holes @ 2' = 80 holes @1' which is closer to what I usually see. I never drill that many holes but I don't run & gun like many others.

Really? Thought for sure there was a good 18'' on webster lake in February and around 2ft of ice on the thompson dam.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Really? Thought for sure there was a good 18'' on webster lake in February and around 2ft of ice on the thompson dam.

Yup, the handle on my scoop is 18" and there were a number of times i couldnt hook the bottom of the hole.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Yup, the handle on my scoop is 18" and there were a number of times i couldnt hook the bottom of the hole.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i measured 20+ inches with my yardstick at one point. Hopefully we get a good cold snap soon, the next couple weeks aren't looking that good

Offline LyleK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:47 PM »
A lot of conversation about this - I recently purchased an Ion with the 8" blade and really like it a lot.  Over the weekend I borrowed a 10"blade for the weekend and used it for Lake Trout fishing in Ontario.  The Ion performed wonderfully.  Not as fast as the 8" blade but fast enough for me.  I only drilled about 10 holes before charging so I can[t comment on how many I would have gotten before the battery drained. Overall very happy with it.  Regarding the battery, keeping  it warm was not an issue.  As  others have mentioned, a simple soft sided cooler with a hand warmer kept it toasty all day. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.