The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Swan Lake Truth  (Read 2645 times)

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
Swan Lake Truth
« on: Nov 25, 2005, 05:53 AM »
Hey,  Just to set the record straight, Its not and never has been Deaf Camp Bay.  The name of the bay where everyone including the Gangles fish the pike is Stones Bay.  I live on the lake and grew up here and I just do not want false info being shared.  So it sounds like we have two Spartans on here.  What years did you guys graduate?  It is really nice to see that there are still a few die hard rangers like myself venturing out on the ice!!  Do you guys remember when Guyers Store was Volkos and before that Nurkas?  Maybe we should have a get together on one of the lakes up here one weekend and invite all to attend.  You know a good old fashion pit party!!!  lol !   Stay in touch and good fishin!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Swan Lake Truth
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Hey westranger, I know what you're talking about.  Stone's is the bay next to deaf camp.  Deaf camp is the stretch of lake b/t the fishing dock and stone's. 

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:14 AM »
By the way, nice talking to a ranger.  I moved to the cids and miss it up there.  Any more lakes freeze up there in the last couple of days?  Ya definitely gotta be making ice the last couple of days.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2005, 11:59 AM »
We are making ice!!  What year did you grad?

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2005, 11:57 AM »
2002.  I went to a private school, though, not n/k

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I wasn't a Spartan either, Cloverdale was Greenway territory, but I graduated in the metro.  I remember all of those names for Guyers.  You know what I don't recall seeing this year though?  The dog.  That 600 pound husky mix that takes up 3/4th's of the steps going into the place to buy a $3 loaf of 6 day old bread. 

Pit Parties.  I made it to my fair share.

I am up for a meeting.  I will be there the weekend of December 10th for a family Christmas and some end of year grouse hunting.  Otherwise, it's usually not until the end of January, but I could figure in another trip. 

The Gangles, there is a name from the past.  I have a few of their spearing decoys and I just saw a Gangle made spear on Ebay, but couldn't quite afford it

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Oh yeah, I knew alot of the Gangles. 

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Mn do you know alot of people in the area that are in their early 60's?
Fish you are younger and that is ok im just trying to see if MN knows my parents.

We should have a get together on the 10th!!!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Sounds like a good idea!  Have any lakes in mind?  I'm not sure if I could make it or not.  I'm a car salesman, and everything I do depends on how many cars I have out by that time of the month.  If I'm on projection, I might be able to get up there.

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:29 PM »
hey fish go to the chat  its 7:30

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:30 PM »
No can do.  I'm at work right now, and I can't access the chat from work.  Wonder why that is?   ;D  It's not like I don't spend enough time on here anyways. 

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:31 PM »
so did you go to st joes

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:33 PM »
does your family still belong to slcc

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Nope.  Cloverdale Christian School, just off hwy 8 by the town hall.  Yeah, my ma and pa have a membership there.  Ya might know him.  Don't like putting real names over the net, but everyone calls him Coot.  He works as a control room operator at Hib-Tac.  I think he graduated from GW in, hmm, 76ish?  His ma and pa owned a store in calumet

Offline westranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:56 PM »
sugar-  I should know him.  I know a Coot that is MN Bourbot uncle.  My dad worked at Hibbing Tac as a machinist, but he died 2 years ago.  I grad form greenway in 86.  Man I should know him, but the only store i can think of still open in Calumet is the 2 bars and the gas station.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:03 PM »
hey ranger, for some reason chat 2 is working for me now.  let's chat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.