Author Topic: Reel for jigging rod  (Read 939 times)

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
Reel for jigging rod
« on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I'll be buying a 4th jigging rod soon and want to get a good, small spinning reel to pair up with it.  I will be using 3 to 5 pound line on this setup.  I'd like to keep the cost under $60 if possible, but will consider more expensive reels.  One reel that I am considering is the Quantum Array 10.  It feels smooth and solid to me and retails for $39.99.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.   
Looking for JUMBO Perch, Crappie, and Bluegill

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
Re: Reel for jigging rod
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:54 AM »
Among all the reels I've tried I think the best small icefishing reel you can get is a Tica Cetus!   
Here's a link for it! 
http://www.thornebros.com/winter/reels/tica/cetus_SB500.html

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2007, 05:46 PM »
When I first started ice fishing I had a few different brands of reels but I think now all my ice fishing reels are tica cetus. They are the best I have used and I really lov'em.

Offline Jello

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:47 PM »
I for one got really sick of "ice reels".  So I spent a bit more money (around $50US) and got a couple Shimano Sedona reels.  I wanted them for my medium setups (needed a good drag).  I got them in the 1500 size rather than the UL 750, and they come with spare spools so I can have a braid and mono spooled up and ready.  So far, they're awesome.  For pan fish, I still use the little ice reels as I don't need much for them anyways.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.