Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1636625 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10560 on: Nov 18, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Yelp, that is the same one we saw. Glad we got to share it with you....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10561 on: Nov 18, 2017, 06:32 AM »
DN.....I know it's coming, but I guess that's the price we have to pay  ;D
H2L....almost like we were having a cup of coffee together  :thumbsup:

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10562 on: Nov 18, 2017, 09:34 AM »
There calling for up too 2" of rain today and tonight.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10563 on: Nov 18, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

A fairly active morning in the rifle stand. So far 10 bald and 1 pretty nice 8 point.

The buck had Fairly heavy horns but I couldn't find a hole to shoot through. He was only about 80 yards but stuck to the thickets and eventually wondered off.

The shooting has been very minimal and so far the wind hasn't wound up like they were preaching.

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10564 on: Nov 18, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Just watched one of Oldsailor's favorite college football teams.

Oldgoat  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well dang Marv.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10565 on: Nov 18, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Badgers win again. MI played a bit better than WI did. Ohio St. /MI should be a great game. MI may have to use the other QB as WI put him out and on the cart. I don't think Ohio St. will have a easy time running against MI. 8 or 9 in the box on defense is what Wi saw most all day. MI bigs # 80 FB 265, #83 TE 6'7", #84 TE 6'5" and they lost the starting TE before season started or early on. Game in MI

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10566 on: Nov 19, 2017, 03:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Have been experiencing Internet connection problems again... :%$#!: 
  43* and some drizzle at the moment, off and on showers expected today.
  Yesterday's opener was a bust for me and the boys but it sure was nice getting back into the woods. Going to take a morning stand despite the weather. Not fond of hunting in the rain, but as the NY Lottery says, " You've got to be in it to win it! ".  ;D
   Will catch up to you all late morning...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10567 on: Nov 19, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Good luck Ed!  Windy as all get out here!  Howling, temps dropping, and lake effect (Erie) rain changing to snow soon.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10568 on: Nov 19, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Morning all,

46* raining and as DN said windy as all get out  :o :o  winter storm warning issued for this afternoon thru tomorrow evening   :(  one spot says 5 - 8" possibly up to 10",  another says 1 - 3"   :blink: :blink: guess that's their way of saying "hey it's going to snow, but we really have NO idea how much you're going to get"   :roflmao: :wacko: :cookoo:   Maybe we'll find out come Tuesday   :woot:

Have a good Sunday whatever's on the agenda. Good luck in the woods Eddie. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10569 on: Nov 19, 2017, 05:43 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     Well I'm back and it's 41* and raining here on my hill and it will most of the day! :%$#!: I wish I had a good
                report to post but hunting was a bust for me and 5 others in a camp of 7! On the last day at the last hour one of
                our guys bagged an 8 pointer weighing in at 216 lbs. It's had to describe how the hunting is in the North Maine Woods
                all I can say it's a work out. I walked at least 5 miles a day through some of the toughest terrain and conditions. The
                logging has really made a huge impact on the deer population! I have to catch up on some sleep, after getting up Friday
                at 4 am and hunting most of the day then someone came up with the idea to pack up camp and  leave camp at 9:30 pm
                and drive through the night, so I got home yesterday around 8:30 am yesterday and then my wife had our part time
                neighbors for dinner last night :cookoo: :%$#!: I didn't get to bed till 10:30 pm  :blink:
                     Eddie.......Good luck in the stand today! :flex:
                     Wally......The guessers can't get anything right! :cookoo:
                     Deal........I'll take the snow over rain any day!
                     I have a lot to catch up on here on the Shanty, so I apologize if I don't comment on all of your post!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10570 on: Nov 19, 2017, 05:47 AM »
36 degrees and rain. Eddie, hope you see your deer today. I do miss getting out into the woods, but not so much on mornings like this. Some frosty, windless morning the urge will come back. Wife said it will be strange not having me hunting Thanksgiving morning. Maybe I will just go for a walk in the woods. Have a good Sunday....h2l

I see IW reported in while I was posting. Sounds like a great week at "deer camp". Deer or No deer, it is always a good time...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10571 on: Nov 19, 2017, 05:51 AM »
Welcome home IW sorry the trip didn't put any meat in the freezer  :(

Temp has dropped 7*s in the last 1/2 hour  :wacko:  snow can't be far behind

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10572 on: Nov 19, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Good morning ER's Good luck Eddie, no fun if the deer are not moving, because of the weather.  I was just thinking of one hunt, that it was a slow drizzle, and no one wanted to get out of the car.  Didn't think there was much chance of twelve sets of eyes seeing anything out of the smog covered windows, so said let me out.  So off I went, moving as slow as I could,  packing my single shot 20 gauge with slugs.  Kind of like mushroom hunting, you look and nothing there, and without moving or taking a step, right where you were looking before there is a morel that is right there.  At first I couldn't believe I was standing not more than 30 feet, standing broad side was a deer.  I fired from the hip, down in its tracks it went.  My BIL, having heard the one shot came to look, saying had he heard two shots, would had thought I missed.  ;D ::)  Was lucky shot as it hit its heart.

34* on my deck, Day off, with hardly a breeze, I am going to don the bibs and hook up the boat, and see what I can catch.  Might have the lake to myself, as the guessers were saying 29* until 11:00 AM.  :cookoo:

Hope you had a good time in Camp Jeff.  Remember some of my past camps, would be the only time all year, for seeing some of the hunters that came to the hunting camp.

Still some of Eddies coffee on.
Bud

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10573 on: Nov 19, 2017, 07:04 AM »
good morning, guys. 1st time posting on this thread. have you heard this new song title "take a knee my ass"? Warning for those of you who do not like country music, it is sung by Neal McCoy, a country singer 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10574 on: Nov 19, 2017, 07:35 AM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :angel  thank you for that rdhammah

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10575 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for sharing. God Bless the USA....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10576 on: Nov 19, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Morning, Gang

Blowing hard outside from the N.W., the clouds are moving faster then the traffic, supposed to be going to the high 50's-maybe 60 today, had the rain last night

I.W. - Glad to see you made it back safe, you can fill us in on the adventure after shut eye

Mason - Only day#1

I.F.F. - Mrs. W.W. - The nonsense has been going on for a while now with the mail & phone calls from Ins. Co's trying to get me/us to sign up for paid coverage for
     Medicare, will be making a appointment to go to the local S.S. office after New Year's to get the low down, thank gawd for ans. machines & caller I.D.

W.S. - You have some time left in your hunting season, don't you ?

Clean - Jack Daniel's Distillery serves lemonade at the end of the tour-Jim Beam serves hard stuff, have to see about some of the others

I'll be back later, got some running around to do, might need to put sinkers in my pockets for ballast with this wind

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10577 on: Nov 19, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Good day everyone windy here also some rain overnight.
Deal Ninja how did the jerky turn out any feeling besides pain and soreness in your hands .
Whopper Stopper may that 8 point buck return and give you a clear shot.
Eddie may the next hunting trip have better results for your sons and you.
Wallyworld beautiful photos got me thinking of the old saying "red in the morning sailors at warning red at nigh sailors delight " have to research the sayings origins. Hope you got the tractor and snow blower moved and ready . Think the first rule for weather guessers is cover your backside.
Ice Wanderer welcome back sorry it was not a more successful hunt for majority of members in your camp. Hope you can get some rest over the next few days.
IFF good luck with the fishing .
RDhammah welcome to the thread will check out the video link . Think the song will be similar to Toby Keith's about putting a boot in a certain body part. Those country boys don't mince words. :whistle:
Capt.Jim you will have to share the story of why Jack Daniels is allowed to make alcohol in a dry county. Guess you will have to enjoy a glass of Lynchburg lemonade elsewhere in the state .(Jack and lemonade mix) Have a good Thanksgiving and safe trip.

A good Sunday to all whatever is planed.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10578 on: Nov 19, 2017, 12:39 PM »
Thank you for the video link Rdhammah good song and video.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10579 on: Nov 19, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Good Afternoon All,
  Light winds and drizzle early this morning turned to strong gusty winds, bands of heavy rain and then snow showers as the temps continued to drop.Winds are steady here 25-30 with gusts reaching the 50mph mark as I type, light snow blowing sideways.
  Did see some deer this morning however, 5 in total, nothing with head gear unfortunately. It's all good though, the season is early and the adrenaline rush is still alive and well, they caught me totally off guard...lol.

RDhammah..welcome aboard the 9:45 and Thanks for the song...good stuff!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud..excellent story, brought back memories of starting out with a single shot 16 gauge...remember the bb sight on the end of the barrel would take up almost the whole deer!  ;D. Hope the Walters were biting today!   :thumbsup:
  H2..I'm with you on the frosty mornings! My time hunting will be limited with work, so getting any time in is a plus I guess...rain I'm not fond of!
  Jeff...Welcome back from your trip!!  :thumbsup:  Sorry to read you and most of the crew didn't connect, but I'm sure your time with each other was well worth it. Hope you get some much needed rest today, congrats to your buddy on the 8 pointer, nice ending!!  :clap:
  Wally..you'll have to keep us posted on that lake effect snow, yikes! How is Mr.WW doing with the deer?
  Marv..sounds like you had an exciting opening day!! Hope the bids went well today for you!  Hope  that buck will give you a better opportunity next time out, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..day 2 ended with no shots fired, but we all saw a few deer! My sons hunted together this morning, I took a solo trip.
  Capt.J..hope you can get the answers your looking for with the Medicare issue.

Just returning from my grandsons 6th birthday party...amazing how quickly the time passes!
  Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend, and many thanks for the best wishes on the deer hunting...very much appreciated, Thank You!   :thumbsup:
  We're starting at 5 again tomorrow, looking forward to a short work week...Friday off!
Have a great evening everyone! 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10580 on: Nov 19, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Evening all,

Eddie....happy birthday to your grandson  :clap:  time truly does fly by doesn't it  :( better luck next trip out  ;)  MrWW's not seeing anything much yet either  :(
IFF....hope you had a good day on the water  :thumbsup:  perfect way to spend a day off  ;)
MrC....so far only a dusting of snow which is good since the tractor/snowblower is still in the back barn  :whistle:  waiting for the new pole barn near the house to get finished before moving some things around to make room in the garage for the tractor  :wacko:  too many toys & not enough room  :roflmao:
WS....hope you got thru your side jobs easily today, back to the same old same old tomorrow  :-\
IW....hope you were able to get some rest today sir ;) I'm sure it will take a couple days of being in your "home" bed before you're feeling normal again

Been windy, cold and snowy all day so I hung out in the kitchen getting a jump on Christmas goodies  ;D

oreo cookie bark, peanut butter balls & hot cocoa bombs (throw them in a mug of hot milk to make hot chocolate)

FD's kid's Christmas party is 12/2 so cookies will be getting baked soon  ;)2

Have a good nite, hope it's restful before the start of a new week. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10581 on: Nov 19, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Good Evening, WW now I feel dizzy, after seeing all the oven goodies

Steve, Eddie, might know the other boat crew would show up right behind me.  Just as well I hopped in with them, think my house battery might have gotten fried, charger didn't shut down and found battery was hot.  Had to really work for what we got.  My keeper got knocked off by the net man  :woot:  Had several RT in the mix, had two good eyes on back to back casts, came off near the boat.  Think we had 6 under sized ones, like a 1/16th short. ::)  Was nippy to start but once the sun burned through the cloud cover was real nice.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10582 on: Nov 20, 2017, 02:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  My 4 legged family members woke me up at 2am to do their thing, opened the door to find a blanket of the white stuff had accumulated over night, looks like a good inch or so on the ground. 27* and the winds are still cooking, high of 37 possible today...one of Town plows just came past with the blade down...tis the season again! 

Bud...sounds like another good trip with the crew, less the net man's mistake! When do the boat ramps close?
  Wally...thank you for my grandsons Birthday wishes, he had a great time and lots of presents!  ;D. Fantastic job on the baking again, wow, they all look scrumptious!! Will have to show the Mrs. when I get home this afternoon....those cocoa bombs have my attention!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck to Mr.WW if he's hunting today...how much snow did you get?
  Mr.Ninja...how did the jerky turn out for you? Every time I hear the word jerky I think of that song you posted...played it for a gew of the guys at work...well received!!   :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hope you had a restful day and a good nights sleep in your own bed! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..hoping you and your son had some luck up on your property! Will check in later today to see if you posted.  :thumbsup:
  H2...how was the bowling last night?

We have concrete scheduled for 6 this morning, should be interesting to see if they want to go for it or reschedule for tomorrow...I'm thinking they'll go for it.
  I'm sure a lot of the folks on here will be traveling for Thanksgiving, wishing you all safe travels to and from your destinations...have a great Thanksgiving!!   :thumbsup:
  Time to get ready for a short week... :clap:...cawfee's on, some of those peanut butter balls would sure hit the spot Wally!!    :whistle:
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10583 on: Nov 20, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

WW the pictures looked Excellent  :clap: :clap: I can't wait to see the spread of cookies ;D Hope Mr WW starts seeing more deer activity at deer camp! :thumbsup:

Welcome back IW :clap: Hope you are all rested up from the trip. Sorry to hear the hunting part was slow, I bet the hunting camp part was a blast! :whistle:

I have to get going as there are a couple of good sized oaks that have my name on them today. When ever I hear that we may not finish them both in one day, it gets my attention.

My hunting was fantastic on Saturday with better deer numbers than the last few years. By days end I lost count of how many I saw, but know it was close to 30. I didn't see the bucks I normally see, not sure why. In the end a very nice 8pt almost came home with me but that's alright he will be bigger next season. I still may go back for Thanksgiving morning but it's almost time to switch gears to ice fishing. I have a small list that needs cleaning out before I will be ready for some darkhouse time.

Best of luck to anyone in the woods, or venturing out into or onto the lakes! Above all, be safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10584 on: Nov 20, 2017, 03:55 AM »
Good Morning ER's seems like the cold is still hiding around here rats no ice for a while.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10585 on: Nov 20, 2017, 06:33 AM »
25 this morning, light breeze and NO deer tag. What is one to do?
Eddie, glad you are seeing some deer. Weather wise it wasn't the best weekend, bowling was worst than the weather.
WW, going to have to check out those cocoa bombs.
Have a good Monday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10586 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:06 AM »
I came home late yesterday afternoon empty handed and bushed. I need to get the van to the body shop to get a strut replaced today so I will post more later.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10587 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:31 AM »
Morning all,

TT....welcome home sir  ;D  sorry your trip was a bust  :(  hope the van repair bill isn't too bad  :o
H2L....sorry to hear bowling wasn't so good last nite, maybe next week  ;)
Eddie....I've got about 2" or so of snow and it's still coming down pretty good, weatherman says maybe 3-5" more by evening  ::)  tomorrow in the 50s  :wacko: :cookoo: 
WS....sorry your hunt Saturday didn't end as you had hoped  :'(  but any day spent in the outdoors enjoying Mother Nature's gift is a good one  :thumbsup:
MrC.....back to work this week  ???  hope you are off on Thanksgiving so you can enjoy the holiday  ;)
IFF.....sorry the catching wasn't so great yesterday  :( many a fish has swam away thanks to the net man or woman  :roflmao:  glad you had some decent weather tho  :thumbsup:
IW.....hope you had a good night's sleep  ;)  how's the shoulder doing these days ???

Have a good Monday at work or play. Looks like I need to get my shovel out  ::)  at least the wind has died down  :clap: Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10588 on: Nov 20, 2017, 08:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Eddie, one of the ramps is closed. the other closes end of this month.  Peaking at the guessers 10 list, a 15* low the 29th and highs of 67* Thursday - Friday this week.  So not ready to put the winter cover on just yet.

Tom, sounds like you got a good workout.  Hope the Van repair goes well.

Old Goat  Once it get there hope is a longer season than the past few.

Still some coffee in the pot, now going to go get some veggies and build a whole chicken soup, before heading to work at 4:00 and check out my start battery.

Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10589 on: Nov 20, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Back from dropping off the van.

I saw more deer than I have seen on the property in years. 10 on opening day the 15th,  12 the second. The 17th and 18th I decided that one of the does need taken out of the equation. Problem was that I did had not bought my doe tag. I finally went and got it on the 18th after she had came out at 150 yards and preceded to come to around 50 yards all the time staring at the tower. I can tell it is her at a distance because of her white ears and the white just back from her nose.

Yesterday morning she came out behind the tower along with her black fawn and another doe an fawn. She never took her eyes off of the tower never giving me a shot before spooking all of the deer and leaving. After that I just packed things up and got ready to go home. Hopefully next Sunday I can go back over for the last 5 days of the season and take her out.

My tower is setting on the edge of an easement of a power company that was allowed back in the late  50's or early 60's prior to my purchasing the property. I got a letter from the power company that they were going to resurvey the line and possibly move the easement? The 100 foot easement 50 feet, either side of the lines, was set when they set the poles. Apparently they do not want any structures on their easement so they may think they are going to take down my tower that is at least 40 foot from the lines. It is set back so it would not interfere with them maintaining their lines in any way. I am going to call them in a few minutes to see what their plans are.

My file is red flagged as they got off the easement one year and cut a big red oak. It cost them $300. I had to threaten them with timber trespass in order to get them to pay up. It would have cost them almost $1,000, if it had  gone to court as timber trespass costs 3 times the value of what is taken.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.