Author Topic: Craziest Pike/Muskie stories?  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Craziest Pike/Muskie stories?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:37 AM »
My buddy and I were fishing a muskie rearing lake this late summer and saw a duck get grabbed near shore, then about 20 seconds later the duck surfaced and make a beeline to some reeds nearby. 

I was ice fishing back in the 90's and I made a beer run.  My buddies said my rod got pulled under by a northern, I was fishing with a shiner or sucker.  The following weekend I caught a 2lb hammer handle and my lure was in the stomach attached to the partially digested minnow.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2015, 02:32 PM »
I do t have a pic.  But this summer a couple fishermen found a big muskie in our local lake floating on the surface.  It had a 5# drum stuck in its mouth.  They were able to dislodge the drum and revive the muskie to swim away.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:34 AM »
I fish muskies quite a bit and they do some strange stuff. We we're fishing one October and I'd just had a strike that didn't get hooked up in a favorite spot. Kept fishing down the break when suddenly the trolling motor started to shake violently. I assumed I'd run up too shallow and gotten into the stumps. Then I looked at the locator. WE were in 22 FOW. Couldn't figure it out so I pulled up the TM to see what I'd gotten into. It looked like this:

Dopey musky attacked the TM WHILE IT WAS RUNNING! Those scratches you see are the teeth marks..... Can't imagine the size of the fish. Certainly not a 3 footer.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:38 AM »
Dang, you may need to upgrade your prop baits to trolling motor props! 
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2015, 01:04 PM »
-Tom

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:32 PM »
About 8 years ago i was fishing on my favorite pike lake, the morning started off great, had 3 nice pike in the 1st hour and half on the ice ranging from 28-33 inches flags flying pretty consistenly, While i was attending 1 flag  another went up so i huried to bring the fish in, it was a hammer handle, i let it go went after the other flag and another in the distance goes up. So im like DAM!! as soon as i said that another goes up...
   I started fighting the fish i knew instantly it was a 15-20lb fish, so im fighting it, i get it to the hole after about 5-10 minutes and pull it up with 3 lines in its mouth..

That fish went and hit the 2 other baits while having one already hooked in its mouth... I know what your thinking, and its that it got tangled up, but it wasnt the case, all 3 hooks were in it throat with 2 minnows... That girl was just cruising and gorging herself...  Ended up being 38 1/2 inches around 17 lbs.. I still laugh to this day over it..
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:10 PM »
I don't have any photo evidence but while kayaking one day last summer a pike came up from behind my buddy and latched onto his paddle for a second.  Gave us both a pretty good jolt to hear that thrashing.  After seeing those pictures of the duck I can understand why the pike attacked his black paddle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.